What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 AZ WDE Jason Harris (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I think he can probably put on 15 to 20 pretty quickly, definitely has the frame to add weight. Seeing the clips, seems like he wants to play, and early. He puts in the work, I think he will, I'd love to see him play asap.

Anyone able to watch the game have any insight on how he looked in the game? Seems like he has the ability to play at least part time from day 1.

Was on the stock down list from chad Simmons after his week at the UA game. Couldn’t get link to work so his write up is below.That being said I think the sky is the limit with this guy!

Harris, who announced for Colorado during the All-America game, struggled some throughout the week. He is long and he is athletic, but he still has a lot of developing to do to be ready to make an impact in Boulder. He struggled at the point of attack and against the run much of the week. It will be about development for Harris at Colorado.

Was on the stock down list from chad Simmons after his week at the UA game. Couldn’t get link to work so his write up is below.That being said I think the sky is the limit with this guy!

Harris, who announced for Colorado during the All-America game, struggled some throughout the week. He is long and he is athletic, but he still has a lot of developing to do to be ready to make an impact in Boulder. He struggled at the point of attack and against the run much of the week. It will be about development for Harris at Colorado.
Well that's why he will be a blitzing OLB off the edge, Stupid Chad Simmons

No one expects him to come in and be a run stopper. We expect a situational pass rusher his first year. He will be fine.

Yeah, I don’t really see him as a guy with his hand in the dirt much. At least his first year. Use his speed and burst to put pressure on the QB off the edge while you work on his physical development.

I don't even know if he will be a hand in the dirt guy as a RD freshman. At his height and frame he needs to be what, 275 at a minimum to deal with those lineman in the run game? I think he will be a situational pass rusher next year, more of a rush end OLB as a RS fresh and then take that step as a RS soph to be able to play on the line.

I expect him to play in 2020. There is not enough talent on the 2020 team to redshirt him.
I know they don't necessarily play the same position, but I think Alfano's status could impact this. He and Thomas are the only guys with a semblance of outside pass rush right now.

Situational pass rusher second half of the season, assuming he can physically develop enough between now and then. Maybe he's just a 4 game guy.

I am fine with a red shirt but he should start and play as many snaps possible vs WSU.

I don't necessarily think he will play automatically, he has some work to do. I'm more hopeful he can than anything. Maybe that red shirt rule will be a benefit in his case. What is it, you can play in like four games and still red shirt?

He can’t throw passes when he’s lying on his back.

The key to beating Wazzu is taking advantage of the wide OL splits by generating pass rush up the middle and being physical with outside backers. I think throwing a guy like Harris in there to exclusively pass rush would end really badly.

The key to beating Wazzu is taking advantage of the wide OL splits by generating pass rush up the middle and being physical with outside backers. I think throwing a guy like Harris in there to exclusively pass rush would end really badly.
Having packages for Harris to rush in obvious passing downs would be ideal

Back