What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO TE Kole Taylor (Signed to LSU)

Good luck to everybody— I love a lot about Louisiana but it will never ever be Boulder. Maybe he will reconsider.

Good Luck Kole. Whole different kind a big in Baton Rouge. I don’t think the staff was really high on this guy. We got Fauria and are looking for Ferguson in 2021. HCMT wants and is building relationships with Colorado HS coaches. Colorado kicks out 15 to 30 D1 players. He will recruit all of them, if they are interested their will be a place for them at CU. Ultimately they will pull 5 or 6 in state Guys every year. 2021 will be big

Good Luck Kole. Whole different kind a big in Baton Rouge. I don’t think the staff was really high on this guy. We got Fauria and are looking for Ferguson in 2021. HCMT wants and is building relationships with Colorado HS coaches. Colorado kicks out 15 to 30 D1 players. He will recruit all of them, if they are interested their will be a place for them at CU. Ultimately they will pull 5 or 6 in state Guys every year. 2021 will be big
He will not recruit 15 to 30 Colorado kids per year ever. Maybe 5 or 6.

I prefer Fauria for what we need but don't think for a moment that our staff wouldn't have been glad to have Taylor, this was not a courtesy recruitment. This is a kid who a number of schools including CU wanted to decided to go play for a very highly successful and high profile program in LSU.

Kids are going to go out of state, even when we start to win a lot more there will be kids who choose to go elsewhere.

We need to be getting to a point where we are getting most of the best players in Colorado each year.

The staff was definitely high on him. They were the first to offer him and will recruit him until signing day. The idea that just getting Fauria in this class means everything is all good at TE, given the current depth chart, is nonsense.

The staff was definitely high on him. They were the first to offer him and will recruit him until signing day. The idea that just getting Fauria in this class means everything is all good at TE, given the current depth chart, is nonsense.
Duff. They’ve offered every kid in Colorado with even remote D1 Talent. They’ve taken three car trips all around the state. 40 or so coaches. They have hit it hard. This is not what prior staffs did. This kid is far from a must have.

With that said. We can agree 1 out of the top 10 in state kids won’t be enough.

However, the Colorado state rankings this year and last for in state kids were bizarre if not flat wrong. The 19DE from Valor that signed with CSU May be the best player from 19 class

I do know they are high on the Springs High School kids for 20 and 21

Duff. They’ve offered every kid in Colorado with even remote D1 Talent. They’ve taken three car trips all around the state. 40 or so coaches. They have hit it hard. This is not what prior staffs did. This kid is far from a must have.

However, the Colorado state rankings this year and last for in state kids were bizarre if not flat wrong. The 19DE from Valor that signed with CSU May be the best player from 19 class

We've offered 8 players in the state of Colorado for the 2020 class, according to 247 Sports. Same with 2019. That seems to be a far cry from "They’ve offered every kid in Colorado with even remote D1 Talent".
https://247sports.com/college/colorado/Season/2020-Football/Offers/?RecruitState=CO

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself more than me.

TE is still a major issue and Taylor is more than just a player who flashed a little talent. He is a national recruit with the size to be an impact TE at the next level.

We've offered 8 players in the state of Colorado for the 2020 class, according to 247 Sports. Same with 2019. That seems to be a far cry from "They’ve offered every kid in Colorado with even remote D1 Talent".
https://247sports.com/college/colorado/Season/2020-Football/Offers/?RecruitState=CO

And if you look at some of the schools those kids have selected it isn't like we are losing recruits to CSU or even Nebraska. Notre Dame and Michigan are legendary programs, Washington is a repeat PAC12 champ, LSU is one of the big time SEC programs, Northwestern and Air Force both have academic credentials. We need to start getting more of these type kids to stay home but those schools will always take some.

The staff hasn’t been offering any kid who remotely has D1 talent. If they have P5 talent, then they have been recruiting them, but there are really only 6-7 of those guys in CO every year, and I’d even say that half of those guys in a typical year are borderline P5 talents, but benefit from pretty subpar competition.

Kole Taylor is one of those other kids with legit P5 talent, and was recruited nationally by big time programs. The TE position is arguably the weakest on CU’s roster at the moment, and Taylor is/was a major priority.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe the recruit comes from a military family. Those kids are special kids.
It really doesn't happen, though. Every now and then there's a Roger Staubach, I guess, but it's incredibly rare.

I’d never fault a kid for choosing a military academy, regardless of who’s recruiting them. There are things more important than football.
Love him or hate him, Trump is trying to change the rules to allow service academy players immediate eligibility.

Back