What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 GA WDE Jared Ivey (Signed to Georgia Tech)

I think they ultimately play different positions, so we would take both.
Please tell me more. I ask because they seem almost identical in build and overall athleticism? Would we move to a true 5-2 front and have bookends like we did with Alfred and Kanavis?

If we end up in recruiting where I am now expecting us to get this year our defense is going to make me feel bad for other teams.

I think Harris can be a 5 tech in time. Ivey is more of the true 3-4 DE/OLB.

But if they both end up at OLB, that works too.
When you have what looks like impact talent, guys who can win one on one battles and change plays on their own you take them both and figure out how to use them.

Who have we had that could disrupt on the edge on his own since Jimmie Gilbert? How many offenses have an answer to deal with two?

I think we could find space for both.

So, with Harris in the mix, what is the order of priority here? Or do we take both if we have the opportunity? This kid is insanely athletic also....

Imagine you have a glass, and the bartender is pouring Johnnie Walker Blue, on the house.

Now imagine saying, “when.”

You never say “when” when the bartender is pouring top shelf pass rushers.

Imagine you have a glass, and the bartender is pouring Johnnie Walker Blue, on the house.

That is an outstanding analogy, except for the troglodytes that don’t understand scotch. They require grunts and snorts.

In regards to your beatifully illustrated point, I am in 100% agreement. In regards to your analogy, I was simply asking the question because it seems (following this weekend) our glass is about to runneth over (the 25 scholly limit). It would be an amazing "problem" to have, and I am excited to see how the rest of this all plays out.

In regards to your beatifully illustrated point, I am in 100% agreement. In regards to your analogy, I was simply asking the question because it seems (following this weekend) our glass is about to runneth over (the 25 scholly limit). It would be an amazing "problem" to have, and I am excited to see how the rest of this all plays out.

We have 18 committments, if you leave out justin jackson, if he is shopping around. That means 7 slots, assuming that we dont have any early enrollees count against last years’ class. We should be fine, but in no way do harris or ivey count as the 25th or 26th guy in this class.

Back