What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA RB Ashaad Clayton (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I looked at KU's roster and they have a Sophomore Back this year (similar to our situation with Fontenot) however they do not have a true freshman playing behind him (unlike our situation with Mangham). Wondering if playing time looks more open in Lawrence than it does in Boulder in Clayton's eyes. Would hate to lose Ashaad, Weds cannot get here soon enough!

I looked at KU's roster and they have a Sophomore Back this year (similar to our situation with Fontenot) however they do not have a true freshman playing behind him (unlike our situation with Mangham). Wondering if playing time looks more open in Lawrence than it does in Boulder in Clayton's eyes. Would hate to lose Ashaad, Weds cannot get here soon enough!

You don’t sign a 4 Star RB like Clayton to have him sit on the bench. He’ll play a bunch his freshmen year and I imagine he’ll be in a bunch of different sets to get the ball in his hands.

You don’t sign a 4 Star RB like Clayton to have him sit on the bench. He’ll play a bunch his freshmen year and I imagine he’ll be in a bunch of different sets to get the ball in his hands.
I hope so, but I am sure Clayton has to consider these things and I am sure Les has emphasized the available playing time @ KU.

I just don't think Mangham is scaring any blue chip back off. The depth chart is not a negative for CU. If Clayton chooses Kansas, it is largely due to him being more comfortable with the staff ties to New Orleans IMO.
Then you should respond with this ^^^^^^ rather than stating that I am overrating Mangham. I get the correlation you were making though.

I am actually disappointed with Mangham (and surprised by Fontenot) to the extent that I have wondered if Mangham would switch positions or leave the Buffs if we landed Clayton.

Then you should respond with this ^^^^^^ rather than stating that I am overrating Mangham. I get the correlation you were making though.

I am actually disappointed with Mangham (and surprised by Fontenot) to the extent that I have wondered if Mangham would switch positions or leave the Buffs if we landed Clayton.
Overrated post. I think big bruising backs like Mangham will get a lot better as bodies mature. 18 yr old vs 22 not fair if your style is built first on power.

Overrated post. I think big bruising backs like Mangham will get a lot better as bodies mature. 18 yr old vs 22 not fair if your style is built first on power.
Good point, regardless I was expecting more out of Mangham this year.

I've been driving the Mangham train for a while, and have definitely been the contrarian when it comes to him vs Fontenot. I still think Mangham is going to be a good player for CU and has a higher ceiling than Fontenot. A good program needs 2-3 competent RBs to be contributing at all times, so there is definitely no need for Mangham to switch positions.

I've been driving the Mangham train for a while, and have definitely been the contrarian when it comes to him vs Fontenot. I still think Mangham is going to be a good player for CU and has a higher ceiling than Fontenot. A good program needs 2-3 competent RBs to be contributing at all times, so there is definitely no need for Mangham to switch positions.
Agree. I also see Clayton being a big factor in an RPO style offense with our new QB. His speed, along with any QB similar to Lewis (or Lewis if he starts) is going to be dangerous in those sets.

Agree with you on Mangham, think he has a higher ceiling.

Either way though a guy with Clayton's talent isn't worried much about guys like Fontenot and Mangham. If he isn't getting the majority of the carries by the end of his first season it's a disappointment.

Tough call going with Kansas. Miles is going to have a tough time competing with the Oklahoma’s and Texas’ of the world in that conference. I still think HCMT has the makeup to make CU an upper echelon team.

We better sign this guy. He is special.

I was impressed with the tough yards he was getting in his previous HUDL vids, but the burst and speed he shows in these clips is exceptional.

Les Miles or not, Kansas is a 3-4 win a season program for eternity. It just is.

Back