What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA RB Ashaad Clayton (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I keep holding my breath that we don't lose this kid, due to years of negative conditioning I suppose...but also due to the fact that I think Clayton is very special. He does everything you want a back to do in our offense at an elite level in High School. He also is physically ready to come in a play from day one.

iirc, shrugs were the only lift that Emmitt Smith used to do during the season. Shoulders take a beating as a RB, so need to keep those bulked while doing everything you can to keep the legs fresh.

They signed two blue chips RB’s last year. On top of that, Clayton said in an interview, he would say thanks but no thanks if they came calling.
They took away his scholarship after he got hurt.

According to the prior story he actually committed on his visit and they declined to accept his commitment. I fully understand why he despises them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Clayton and his mom actually had attempted to verbally commit to LSU, his “No. 1 school,’’ during an unofficial visit in late June only to be rebuffed by the Tigers coaching staff over concerns about the injury.

Clayton said he and his mom even went so far as to supply LSU with his medical records and an evaluation from his surgeon. All to no avail.

“That’s what really put that chip on my shoulder,’’ Clayton said. “When LSU didn’t take my commitment, a lot of (other) schools told Coach Phillips that they’re not going to take my commitment because they wanted to see why LSU didn’t. I was furious. I was fired up. I couldn’t wait to get back on the field.’’

Shrugs don’t work your shoulder muscles themselves; they work your traps. They do help build mass in-between your shoulder blades which helps elevate the shoulder girdle. That being said any muscle that is part of your posterior chain (like traps) is very important in being an powerful athlete and upper posterior chain even more so for a running back. Ironically, pretty much any good football player has big traps, often times genetically because the trapezius has a lot of androgen (testosterone) receptors.

Shrugs don’t work your shoulder muscles themselves; they work your traps. They do help build mass in-between your shoulder blades which helps elevate the shoulder girdle. That being said any muscle that is part of your posterior chain (like traps) is very important in being an powerful athlete and upper posterior chain even more so for a running back. Ironically, pretty much any good football player has big traps, often times genetically because the trapezius has a lot of androgen (testosterone) receptors.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
how is my form?

Hope he is talking about us!

He tweeted out a reply and quickly deleted it. He told a Buffs supporter he was talking about his high school, Easton.

Matthew-McConaughey.gif

still disappointing to see all that kansas stuff on his pics. I think we are closer to reaching a Big Game then kansas is.

Duffman, do you or Adam have any thoughts on why so many highly rated RB's have not signed yet, and many remain uncommitted? It seems there are more blue chips uncommitted at this position than any other. The all-star games are finished. In the past, I used to think it was grades or ACT/SAT scores, but the schools seem to be on top of this in recent years. It seems like the non-qualifiers are fewer at all positions. Is it waiting for the last bowl teams to shake out their positions and who goes pro after the bowl games? Are teams banking fewer schollies for RB's since most really want to play right away and leave to the pro's easrly if they are good enough? Is it the transfer portal, where more become available? I'm just looking for some insight.

That being said, if Clayton does not sign, would it be likely that MT & staff are contacting other blue-chips on the list, and then someone will fall into CU's hands if Clayton bolts?

Thanks for any thoughts you guys may have. I can't wait for the final touches to be put on this class.

Duffman, do you or Adam have any thoughts on why so many highly rated RB's have not signed yet, and many remain uncommitted? It seems there are more blue chips uncommitted at this position than any other. The all-star games are finished. In the past, I used to think it was grades or ACT/SAT scores, but the schools seem to be on top of this in recent years. It seems like the non-qualifiers are fewer at all positions. Is it waiting for the last bowl teams to shake out their positions and who goes pro after the bowl games? Are teams banking fewer schollies for RB's since most really want to play right away and leave to the pro's easrly if they are good enough? Is it the transfer portal, where more become available? I'm just looking for some insight.

That being said, if Clayton does not sign, would it be likely that MT & staff are contacting other blue-chips on the list, and then someone will fall into CU's hands if Clayton bolts?

Thanks for any thoughts you guys may have. I can't wait for the final touches to be put on this class.

Now that the early signing period is over they literally CAN'T sign until Feb 5 is my understanding.

Was Etienne hurt in LA HS and LSU rescinded their offer so he went out of state?
Etienne grew up on LSU football, attending games almost every weekend. He raved about his experiences as a fan at Death Valley in Baton Rouge, and about the energy and noise the place would produce. When Orgeron became the school’s interim head coach, replacing Les Miles on Sept. 25, 2016, he put in a call to Rusty Phelps, Etienne’s coach at Jennings High School, expressing interest. Throughout that season, though, LSU had made it clear Etienne wasn’t its top choice at running back. It doggedly recruited five-star running back Cam Akers, who ended up at Florida State. Etienne said it didn’t bother him, but he thought, “They didn’t want me.”

In December that year, Clemson lost verbal commit Cordarrian Richardson and was in need of a running back with Wayne Gallman graduating. The same night Clemson upset Alabama in the 2016 national championship game, co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott reached out to Phelps. Three days later, he traveled to Jennings, quickly establishing a bond with Etienne.

Etienne took an official visit eight days later and signed less than two weeks after that. After missing on Akers, LSU tried to play catch-up, but was unable to get Etienne on campus for an official visit. He had his mind made up shortly after visiting Clemson.

“I just think Travis felt at home,” Phelps said. “It’s a small town similar to this town. That was the place he really wanted to be.”
Source

I worked in the really real Death Valley in July. It was hotter than hell.
Did your base model Park Service vehicle have functional air conditioning? Or did they get you a regular rental car for the trip.

Did your base model Park Service vehicle have functional air conditioning? Or did they get you a regular rental car for the trip.
Rental. One cool thing is that Porsche had 6 cars driving all over the place for testing. We’d pull into the hotel and there’s be 6 of those bad boys parked next to each other. A lot of manufacturers do testing there. It hit 121 that week.

Back