What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

giphy.gif

I would not really include him with other 5* recruits since he was essentially a transfer/flyer from the outset with enormous red flags. Worth the risk based on god given talent, but it’s not to be. Alfano can now move on to something different from college and football.

McChesney once again proves to be the great accelerator (and I mean that in a positive way).

It really is sad when guys with this much talent can't figure out how to use it.

Interesting contrast between Alfano and McChesney.

McChesney is certifiably nuts. I am very glad that he is not on our coaching staff because he has no filter, he doesn't even know that there is another gear other than full out. Alfano is nuts in a different way. He can't get it out of park. He is a guy who doesn't want to be who he is. He seems like he doesn't want to be a football player, doesn't want to be a college student.

Since high school everyone has taken it for granted that Alfano is destined for the NFL, with every passing event that becomes less likely. McChesney never had that kind of talent that Alfano had but he made a career at both the major college and pro level by working harder than everybody everyday. Everybody in the NFL has talent, some more than others, but you don't make it an stay there without the willingness to put that talent to work.

McChesney ends up deleting tweets and occasionally having to make apologies for reacting without thinking but in the end he won't have any major regrets, he has gotten the most out of what he has.

Alfano could very likely end up as one of those people who spend their entire life regretting what could have been. He could have been a pro, he could have gotten a paid for education, he could have set himself up to do what he wants the rest of his life.

I’ll never forget his buff twitter follows followed by his Instagram story showing him driving to Eagle CO

Back