What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

Saban is a turd of a human being, I wouldn't put much value in what he says.

Alfano is a supremely talented player, we should be extremely excited to get him. He left, who knows why, maybe it's a red flag maybe it just wasn't for him.

Mel is not a turd of a human being-I think he'll do fine here if we get him. My only question is can we plug him in right away?

Because the post doesn’t add anything new to this thread other than the Saban quotes about him quitting on the program.
Actually, those quotations aren’t new either. When Saban commented about Alfano leaving the program, Saban made the comment about Alfano quitting.

Alfano left Alabama for a variety of personal and football reasons. Saban’s comments are more sour grapes IMO than an accurate portrayal of Alfano’s abilities.

Saban is a turd of a human being, I wouldn't put much value in what he says.

Alfano is a supremely talented player, we should be extremely excited to get him. He left, who knows why, maybe it's a red flag maybe it just wasn't for him.

I definitely don’t put much into any coach speak especially with disgruntled players but it’s the only thing that was new to me in that post.

Now, that Austin Cameron post about AA being in Colorado has me excited.

Actually, those quotations aren’t new either. When Saban commented about Alfano leaving the program, Saban made the comment about Alfano quitting.

Alfano left Alabama for a variety of personal and football reasons. Saban’s comments are more sour grapes IMO than an accurate portrayal of Alfano’s abilities.

Right. I’m well aware that the quote is from when he quit on Bama. Hence, the key words “new to this thread."

Anyway, we can agree that the 247 post wasn’t informative.

1572721199427.jpeg

This is all speculation right now as far as I can tell. He posted that he was in Gypsum...not sure how that relates to CU

This is all speculation right now as far as I can tell. He posted that he was in Gypsum...not sure how that relates to CU

There is an awful lot of smoke. Him liking all the CU people as well as admissions is a good sign. He didn’t like any other schools like that

I’m sure our staff is willing to risk a few red flags for talented players, but considering they have encouraged various players to move on and even kicked a player off the team at a position of need, I trust that they have done their full due diligence on Alfano’s situation and have found that it’s not a big deal. Knowing Tucker’s relationship with Saban, I also have to imagine they have spoken about it all and Mel has gotten the low down.

As a side note, it’d be pretty cool if Tucker and Saban’s relationship was one where Saban really encouraged Bama guys looking to transfer to consider CU.
Good point about the Saban, Mel relationship. As far as the red flags, I don't think the staff has a choice, but to take some chances. If this young man comes to CU, balls out, and walks the straight arrow, it'll open some eyes. Hope it works out for him and CU.

There is always risk with a transfer, there is always risk with any recruit.

Mel knows Saban and other people on that staff. If Alfano had major red flags Mel would have heard about them. It would be no surprise is Mel had a chance to talk to him and get to know him while they were still in the recruiting process coming out of high school.

Him leaving Alabama also doesn't have to mean anything negative. Sometimes people make a decision then realize later that it wasn't the right decision for them. Maybe he didn't like the school or some of the athletic staff. Maybe he just felt like he got off on the wrong foot and needed to start over.

It's easy as a teenager to make a decision that you want to change, doesn't make you a bad person.

I think the only potential red flag was the Q word used. I didn't read back through the whole thread, but I don't think I saw anyone saying it was a negative he left Alabama or it makes him a bad person. Could be as simple as Alabama turned out to not be the right place for him, it has happened before. Whatever the reason, I hope he gets comfortable in some black and gold.

This might be a dumb question but he’s in Colorado while the team is in California?

This is a beautiful state. Let the young man get a feel for how beautiful it is before Mel closes the deal this week after the team gets back.

I can’t imagine Saban was mad about Tucker leaving for UGA. They were hugging in pregame of the SEC CG last year, presumably because Tucker had accepted the CU job.

Can't fault any AC for a move up.

Back