What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

are you kidding me come on GIF by Spotify

Last straw? What was the first straw? A serious medical condition that the University seemingly ignored until it came to public light and fans on Twitter starting hounding the AD and Rick George?
First straw was quitting on Bama. Saban’s comments came off as callous before, but seem to make a lot more sense now.
Second strike was his initial suspension here. Third strike was refusing to participate in voluntary workouts with the rest of his team and basically being MIA on the staff and team.

This would be strike four.

First straw was quitting on Bama. Saban’s comments came off as callous before, but seem to make a lot more sense now.
Second strike was his initial suspension here. Third strike was refusing to participate in voluntary workouts with the rest of his team and basically being MIA on the staff and team.

This would be strike four.
“First strike” was due to grandmas health issues, which we all seemed to excuse at the time. What’s changed?

You’re second and third strikes are one in the same. He was suspended from the team for not showing up. Did we ever find out the reasons why?

I can understand that being a first strike against him with CU. This could be strike two I guess, but we’ll see what actually happened.

Typical CU fan mentality, though. First sign of trouble with a player and he can kick rocks, right?

“First strike” was due to grandmas health issues, which we all seemed to excuse at the time. What’s changed?

You’re second and third strikes are one in the same. He was suspended from the team for not showing up. Did we ever find out the reasons why?

I can understand that being a first strike against him with CU. This could be strike two I guess, but we’ll see what actually happened.

Typical CU fan mentality, though. First sign of trouble with a player and he can kick rocks, right?
How on Earth is this the first sign of trouble?!

He also transferred to three different HSs for “undisclosed reasons”. The kid wears out his welcome at every stop. Sometimes the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

So you think Saban just cuts the #1 defensive recruit in the country off during fall camp for a misunderstanding?
No, I fully believe what Saban said is accurate. He quit because his grandma had health issues. Saban also has the luxury of backfilling his spot with the #2,3,4, and 5 rated defensive recruits in almost any given year. It also happened at Alabama, so who. The ****. Cares????

No, I fully believe what Saban said is accurate. He quit because his grandma had health issues. Saban also has the luxury of backfilling his spot with the #2,3,4, and 5 rated defensive recruits in almost any given year. It also happened at Alabama, so who. The ****. Cares????
You keep making excuses for him. We’ve all had close relatives pass. We don’t just ghost all of our responsibilities. Stop passing the buck. The kid shouldn’t get a different set of rules from his teammates.

You keep making excuses for him. We’ve all had close relatives pass. We don’t just ghost all of our responsibilities. Stop passing the buck. The kid shouldn’t get a different set of rules from his teammates.
I’m assuming he’s not. Ashaad Clayton had been vocal on Twitter about the coaches sucking and he quit on his team going into a bowl game and I don’t see you lobbying for him to pound sand.

Each player has their own set of circumstances that warrants a unique response from the coaching staff.

I’m assuming he’s not. Ashaad Clayton had been vocal on Twitter about the coaches sucking and he quit on his team going into a bowl game and I don’t see you lobbying for him to pound sand.

Each player has their own set of circumstances that warrants a unique response from the coaching staff.
Apples and oranges. Clayton is a contributing member of this football team and someone without a pattern of going awol.
How many snaps has Alfano made it on the field for? How many practices has he strapped on the helmet with his teammates?

This is spot on.

His history indicates a very troubled young man who has had some difficulties dealing with some serious challenges in his life, and in some cases created additional challenges in his life.

None of this excuses negative behavior but it does help to understand it and maybe even allow us to have a little compassion for the guy.

It is established that his grandmother was a key person in his life and her health situation impacted him significantly, Hard to imagine that doesn't still impact him greatly. Then add his own health situation and to a kid who's family guidance has been turned upside down and you can see where some erratic behavior would come from.

This event could very well spell the end of his time as a part of the CU football program. That's a big jump though when we don't even know what the event consisted of. It could be something serious with him instigating a conflict and violently resisting arrest as he tried to continue to go after the other person or in could be him getting into a verbal altercation and the officer seeing a very large young man who is angry decides to control the situation with an arrest and throws the resisting charge on when the large young man angrily asks him why he is being arrested for yelling back at someone.

I'm not saying that either of the above is what happened, only that we don't know, and until we do any judgement is pre-mature.

What I do know is that based on the information I have seen his behavior has been often irresponsible, unpredictable, unreliable, and I could see very irritating for coaches but none of it is close to the stuff that makes him a bad guy. He isn't going out beating up on women, breaking into apartments and trying to fence stolen computers, driving drunk, and all of the other sort of things that make him a menace to the community. Instead he just shows the behavior of a very confused young man who hasn't gotten himself together yet.

Bias admitted, I spent most of my adult life working with at-risk and troubled teens so I may be much more prone to look for the light at the end of the tunnel but it seems very premature to write this young man off based on our frustration with what is happening in the media with him now.

I think it’s also worth pointing out that the police have given more than enough reasons, over the last year especially, to take criminal charges against a minority youth with a shaker full of salt.

Last straw? What was the first straw? A serious medical condition that the University seemingly ignored until it came to public light and fans on Twitter starting hounding the AD and Rick George?
IDk, did they just suspend him for no reason before the season started?

He seems to be in a much better place, mentally. Great to see. Hope his health continues to improve.
Completely different condition but I remember Jay Leeuwenburg being a standout playing for CU and then making a career in the NFL.

I knew of multiple high school kids who were encouraged and motivated by his ability to overcome diabetes and succeed at the highest levels of the sport.

I hope for him and for many others that Alfano can become that role model for kids with epilepsy.

Back