What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX S Christian Gonzalez (SIGNED to COLORADO)

fwiw, a good chunk of why Nebraska's roster talent ranks so high is due to the transfers they got.
They have brought in a lot of transfers but in terms of ratings I would think they have a significant net loss.

I would not put them as the 4th most talented roster in the B1G. I would say that their talent level is much better than their record but they are very undisciplined, run things that opponents know are coming and know how to stop, and play with an expectation of failure.

You are all right in some regards IMO. Talent matters of course. That said, coaching and scheme is critical in football. It isn’t a binary choice of which is more important. A talented team with a poor plan will get smoked, as will a team with poor talent and a great plan. They can compensate for the other in some degrees but not overcome significant deficiencies.

The real question I was mulling over, do I have more confidence in CUs talent or the coaching? Feels like we’d need to be one of the most prepared teams in regards to scheme and matchups, etc. which the staff proved to be inept last year.

Nebraska is an outlier. They have institutional rot that eats away at their abilities on the field. In most cases, the talent in the field is the main contributing factor to on field success in college football.

Back