What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX S Christian Gonzalez (SIGNED to COLORADO)

But have to wonder if this were a decent program winning more games than they lose and going to some kind of a bowl game if he would be out the door.

My sense is that the unspoken reason behind at least some of our transfers is that it isn't any fun playing for a team that has no hope of winning most of it's games.
I wouldnt want to play for HCKD...why would they? He is uninspiring and incompetent..

When you get the BB2 endorsement, you have it made!
kiss GIF by Paramount Movies

The Athletic’s very early mock draft has Gonzo going 11th to the Commanders….
He's the only guy I was all that upset about losing.

I think it had everything to do with position coach going there. While I believe we got a coaching upgrade, Oregon got itself a plug & play all-conference CB and a future blue chip recruit at the position in the deal.

I think it had everything to do with position coach going there. While I believe we got a coaching upgrade, Oregon got itself a plug & play all-conference CB and a future blue chip recruit at the position in the deal.
Kind of why I'd like to see some sort of strings attached to transfers so we don't see situations like what we saw at USC or this deal.

Like you can look elsewhere but you can't follow your current coach if he moves.

College = Jimmies and Joes.

College = Jimmies and Joes.
I actually think that's less true in college than other levels. Pros, it's only about having dudes who separate your team because everything else is equal.

College, we get things like Nebraska having the 4th most talented roster in the B1G while Northwestern has won 2 of the past 4 West titles by being smart, recruiting for a system over long-term stability, and being an extremely well-coached group under Fitzgerald.

All things being equal, all that matters is talent. All things not being equal, talent is not the main thing as long as you're in that zone of "enough to win but no delusions of winning a national championship".

Florida state losing to Jacksonville state less than 5 years after winning a national championship will always show that coaching matters.

I actually think that's less true in college than other levels. Pros, it's only about having dudes who separate your team because everything else is equal.

College, we get things like Nebraska having the 4th most talented roster in the B1G while Northwestern has won 2 of the past 4 West titles by being smart, recruiting for a system over long-term stability, and being an extremely well-coached group under Fitzgerald.

All things being equal, all that matters is talent. All things not being equal, talent is not the main thing as long as you're in that zone of "enough to win but no delusions of winning a national championship".
I actually think it is more pronounced in college. Nebraska has decent players but I think they get overrated by services since Nebraska fans are so rabid. Totally disagree with you about NWU. They’ve upgraded their talent, especially on OL. So much so they have legit top 100 draft talent playing on their team.

I actually think it is more pronounced in college. Nebraska has decent players but I think they get overrated by services since Nebraska fans are so rabid. Totally disagree with you about NWU. They’ve upgraded their talent, especially on OL. So much so they have legit top 100 draft talent playing on their team.
Agree with this completely.

Nebraska fans buy a lot of subscriptions to publications that tell them how good they are.

Also Nebraska roster isn't close to as good as their recruiting ranking due to the steady flow of talent leaving.

I don't know the numbers but haven't seen nearly as many kids leaving the Northwestern program, they keep kids around, develop them, and see the benefits.

fwiw, a good chunk of why Nebraska's roster talent ranks so high is due to the transfers they got.

Back