What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Blankenship out at Tulsa

UF- Freeze offer was disclaimed by Foley this a.m. McElwain is a candidate, as is Josh McDaniels.
SMU- Jones out, Clemson OC Chad Morris in.
Buffalo- fired their HC (whoever that was) , hired some DIII guy (who I never heard of)
KU- Still open
Nubs- Pelini out, Frost and about a hundred other names being thrown around.
Troy- Neal Brown, Kentucky OC is the new HC
UNLV- Bobby Hauck out. Bishop Gorman HS HC rumored to be on the short list, as is Ed Orgeron.

Bobby Hauck would be an interesting hire somewhere on defense - wouldn't mind him as coordinator.

He is. Great remains to be seen, but the guy can coach. He lost his best offensive player in the offseason in Bibbs and then won 10 games, running an offense a completely different way. Grayson was not recruited by him, but McElwain had to convince him to say because he and Fairchild had issues.

But he got Dee Hart; who was a coup, for sure. Sparkles had the inside track on that transfer because he recruited Dee at Bammer. He should get credit for that; but I would argue that Hart isn't the type of kid that McElwain could recruit to CSU other than in the situation he came (post-injury transfer and buried on the depth chart at a upper-echelon school). His current commit list isn't that impressive from a recruiting standpoint.

McElwain is a good coach and did turn CSU around. I have watched them a few times and they are well coached. Add his Coordinator status at Alabama when they won the MNC helps his resume (they(UF) hired a coordinator last time w/o HC experience.) McElwain also recruited Florida when he was at Alabama. His resume is pretty good. If he was not at CSU and had lead a turn around at San Diego State - Buff fans would think he was great. His resume is probably stronger than MacIntyre's when MacIntyre got hired at CU.

I don't think McElwain jumps to just any job. He might not get Florida, but he knows another big time school will be sniffing soon. He's not going to go to Indiana just to get a P5 job.

That said, I'm not above hoping Florida picks him up. He can coach.

I listened to his post game radio interview after they beat CSU - guy was raving about the team, said it was his favorite, most satisfying team he'd coached. Very genuine. He fits well there and is an excellent coach.

And he really likes his current sophomores but says his freshman are even better

Isn't it a situation for McElwain when you are hot you better go....has to replace a quarterback and maybe top WR and RB as well

If Hoke gets canned watch for Butch Jones as an option for Michigan. Jones has Tennessee bowl eligible this year

I think Florida fans are convinced they are going to get Pete Carroll to be the HC, Chip Kelly to be the OC and Nick Saben as the DC.

If Hoke gets canned watch for Butch Jones as an option for Michigan. Jones has Tennessee bowl eligible this year

I get the distinct impression that Butch will be another Houston Nutt and make sure his agent is getting his name in every single job speculation that comes down the pike... then try to use that as leverage to renegotiate.

I get the distinct impression that Butch will be another Houston Nutt and make sure his agent is getting his name in every single job speculation that comes down the pike... then try to use that as leverage to renegotiate.

He certainly took Mike Bohn for a ride...a pretty big reason that Bohn ended up getting fired was the embarrassment of Jones parading around Boulder and then saying no thanks.

What in the world gave you that impression?

In all seriousness, the UM job would be the kind of job he'd take, IMO. It would drive the folks in Knoxville insane, too.

Hoke meets with AD tomorrow, could get the axe.

Looks like Beckman at Illinois and Wilson at Indiana are keeping their jobs.

I heard terry frei on with sandy clough today and he said mcelwain, hugh freeze and josh mcdaniels as the 3 at the top of floridas list. That is what people he knows have told him.

I heard terry frei on with sandy clough today and he said mcelwain, hugh freeze and josh mcdaniels as the 3 at the top of floridas list. That is what people he knows have told him.

That's the best Florida can do? Wow have they fallen.

My guess is Freeze will stay put at Ole Miss with a tidy raise. McDaniels? I don't see that ending well for UF. McElwain is probably the best candidate on that list. I still think Rich Rod would be a huge success at UF, but that ain't happening.

That's the best Florida can do? Wow have they fallen.

From where?

I know that they have money, but since when has it been a destination job?

The last three hires they've made have been an NFL Coordinator with ties to the University (like McDaniels), a Mountain West coach (like McElwain), and a P5 coordinator. Freeze arguably has more cachet than any of those after having gotten it done in a big boy conference as a HC.

Back