What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Sorry CSU, we don't want to pay that full buyout for Sparkles, so instead we'll invite you down to Gainesville a couple times to get your brains beat in by your former coach, do we have a deal?

Sorry CSU, we don't want to pay that full buyout for Sparkles, so instead we'll invite you down to Gainesville a couple times to get your brains beat in by your former coach, do we have a deal?

That's actually brilliant. Extra fat paydays for a couple of sacrificial um "lamb" games in Florida.

Flightaware does not show any traffic from Florida or anywhere nearby inbound to KFNL (loveland fort collins) or KBJC (Jeffco).

That's actually brilliant. Extra fat paydays for a couple of sacrificial um "lamb" games in Florida.

If I'm CSU,I tell them to pound sand. They can pay the full buyout, and we'll go find body bag games somewhere else.

Last edited:
Hoke's officially gone! Bring on the Harbaugh rumors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoke's officially gone! Bring on the Harbaugh rumors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to these guys, things aren't going well for Michigan, Harbaugh may have already told them no way

[tweet]539810443645054978[/tweet]

According to these guys, things aren't going well for Michigan, Harbaugh may have already told them no way

[tweet]539810443645054978[/tweet]

Which may be another reason that UF will rush to sign Sparkles. This is the perfect year to be the "hot" coaching prospect with multiple big dollar programs open. Nobody wants to be the school taking "leftovers" in the eyes of their fans.

I can't believe Sparkles has done enough for a team to pay that buyout... I figured he would need one more year to show himself before he started getting teams willing to pony up that cash.

Also, good timing for CSU - that $7.5MM will help their stadium budget quite a bit.

Wow, Sparkles gets to move up in the world. Good for him. And no, UF will not be paying full boat on that buyout. Expect a home and home with UF in FB and maybe BB too for the rams, good for them.

I can't believe Sparkles has done enough for a team to pay that buyout... I figured he would need one more year to show himself before he started getting teams willing to pony up that cash.

In a normal year you might be right. Have only one or two larger budget programs open, have a couple of mid-major guys who have been successful plus a couple guys who have taken traditional loser P5 schools to bowls and a guy with McElwains resume gets looked at differently. This year the guys who are available are underwhelming. You have retreads, guys who had mediocre success, and Sparkles. You also have multiple programs with openings that "have" to get a top of the list guy. He is the top of the list this year.

Also, good timing for CSU - that $7.5MM will help their stadium budget quite a bit.

I actually wonder what this will do to the stadium project. Do they just slide the interim AD and one of the assistant coaches into the respective positions? Because if their search drags out, the stadium will have to be put on the back burner to try to salvage a recruiting class.

Home and home in the new stadium? CSU should press for the 2 for 1 :lol:

I'm not the first person to note that it will not cost $7.5 million to buy out Sparkles' contract.

Wow, Sparkles gets to move up in the world. Good for him. And no, UF will not be paying full boat on that buyout. Expect a home and home with UF in FB and maybe BB too for the rams, good for them.

I'd be shocked if they got a home and home. Might get a 2 for 1 in football but most likely it will be the Rams flying for a couple of high payout games. The BB home and home would be very reasonable to expect. Might even see UF visiting Ft. Collins in some non-revenue sports.

No kidding. He just lost to Air Force. I don't understand the interest.

There is a zero percent chance that UF plays an FB game in Fort Collins...UF's longstanding non-conference scheduling policy under Foley is that they do not leave the state of Florida for non-conference games (with a rare exception being a neutral site matchup at Jerryworld with Michigan in a couple of years)...

I actually wonder what this will do to the stadium project. Do they just slide the interim AD and one of the assistant coaches into the respective positions? Because if their search drags out, the stadium will have to be put on the back burner to try to salvage a recruiting class.

They aren't in a good position right now, to try and keep Sparkles without an AD.... and I would think you would want your new AD to hire the new coach....

I don't get why Graham was fired when he was.

They aren't in a good position right now, to try and keep Sparkles without an AD.... and I would think you would want your new AD to hire the new coach....

I don't get why Graham was fired when he was.

I got the impression that Graham forgot that Tony Frank was his boss. Started to act outside of what Frank wanted him to do. Once he got on the wrong side of university politics he was done. Some of it may have been an unwillingness to compromise on the scale of the stadium project and to keep his hands off some donors who were putting money into other areas. Just speculation but based on things from Ramnation and from some people I work with who are connected to that program.

Graham was a guy who was used to calling the shots in his own business, not to working in the constraints of a university administration.

I would expect that when they hire the new AD it will be a guy who is much easier for Dr. Frank and his team to work with. I am also wondering if they will be willing to invest the kind of money and commitment into the new staff as they did in the old one. Cost have gone up everywhere but Graham sold the stadium and the McElwain salary based on the idea of moving up to a P5 conference. That doesn't look like a very good posibility now and it doesn't look like MWC revenues are going to be going up significantly anytime soon.

eh, flights mean nothing. Press conferences, now...

Look at the suspicious route...

ACTIVITY LOG Want a full history search for N843DW dating back to 1998? Buy now. Get it within one hour.
Date Aircraft Origin Destination Departure Arrival Duration
02-Dec-2014 C680/L Joplin Rgnl (KJLN) Ft Collins Regional (KFNL) 02:00PM CST 02:37PM MST En Route
02-Dec-2014 C680/L Gainesville Rgnl (KGNV) Joplin Rgnl (KJLN) 12:16PM EST 01:32PM CST 2:16
02-Dec-2014 C680/L Jacksonville Executive At Craig (KCRG) Gainesville Rgnl (KGNV) 11:43AM EST 12:02PM EST 0:19

Reset.

UF- Muschamp out, McElwain looks like target number one.
UM- Hoke out, rumors abound, Harbaugh and Food Cart are not in play, Les Miles may be.
KU- Fat Charlie out, no one cares
Buffalo-fired some guy, hired another from DIII Wiscy-Whitewater
Tulsa- Blankenship out
Troy- Blakeney retires, Neal Brown, Kentucky OC in
SMU-June Jones out, Clemson OC Morris in

Others that may come open:

VT
CSU

the Carousel is in full spin with Michigan on the table.

Reset.

UF- Muschamp out, McElwain looks like target number one.
UM- Hoke out, rumors abound, Harbaugh and Food Cart are not in play, Les Miles may be.
UN- Pelini out, Scott Frost (Duck OC) leads rumor wire
KU- Fat Charlie out, no one cares
Buffalo-fired some guy, hired another from DIII Wiscy-Whitewater
Tulsa- Blankenship out
Troy- Blakeney retires, Neal Brown, Kentucky OC in
SMU-June Jones out, Clemson OC Morris in

Others that may come open:

VT
CSU

the Carousel is in full spin with Michigan on the table.

fify. You left off the Nubs.

Back