What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

McElwain had some pretty strong western ties though. Bobo has never been outside Georgia/Florida.

Keep in mind who is making the decision. An experienced AD would take those things into consideration. An overworked University President with zero experience in hiring coaches might not.

Other than the fact that Michigan can and will pay a lot of money for the position, it's kind of lost on me why that is thought to be a great job. It's been a while since they mattered much. And all that potential fan support is pretty fickle. Add living in a cold and broken hellhole part of the country.

Other than the fact that Michigan can and will pay a lot of money for the position, it's kind of lost on me why that is thought to be a great job. It's been a while since they mattered much. And all that potential fan support is pretty fickle. Add living in a cold and broken hellhole part of the country.

Interesting take. I still think Michigan is a good job. As you said, they pay a lot. They also have a rich tradition, good fan support that still fills the Big House, it's a top 5 public research university comparable to Berkeley, and Ann Arbor is most certainly not a hellhole - it's every bit as nice as Boulder.

Interesting take. I still think Michigan is a good job. As you said, they pay a lot. They also have a rich tradition, good fan support that still fills the Big House, it's a top 5 public research university comparable to Berkeley, and Ann Arbor is most certainly not a hellhole - it's every bit as nice as Boulder.

True, but I think it is a reflection of the demographic of the country. The Rust Belt is dying, and the Big Integer is going to go down with it IMO.

True, but tell me you really want to spend a winter in Ann Arbor or Madison.

Meh, they have heated buildings there, and even 4 wheel drive luxury vehicles, and probably a snow plow service so I doubt it matters all that much. It's a beautiful place to live...much better than places like Tuscaloosa or Lincoln, but they still manage to find people to coach there.

Meh, they have heated buildings there, and even 4 wheel drive luxury vehicles, and probably a snow plow service so I doubt it matters all that much. It's a beautiful place to live...much better than places like Tuscaloosa or Lincoln, but they still manage to find people to coach there.

Sure, but my post was directed more towards the (ridiculous?) statement that Ann Arbor is comparable to Boulder. Yes, you can stay inside and drive your luxury automobile around, but you won't see much of the sun for 4 months. That **** wears on you after a while.

- it's every bit as nice as Boulder.

True, love those beautiful mountains to the west of the city, nothing like a relaxing trip up a canyon with the family.

And those wonderful sunny winter days, perfect for getting in a few rounds of golf or just going out for a nice walk.

Mountains are not necessary for a happy existence.

I'm glad you feel that way, more room here for me.

As midwestern cities go Ann Arbor is a good one but it is still in the midwest, no thanks. Weather sucks, not much to see from a natural perspective unless you like farmland.

Sure, but my post was directed more towards the (ridiculous?) statement that Ann Arbor is comparable to Boulder. Yes, you can stay inside and drive your luxury automobile around, but you won't see much of the sun for 4 months. That **** wears on you after a while.

To each his own I suppose. Ann Arbor may not have mountains, but it's still beautiful 9 months of the year, and not bad the other 3. Boulder may have the edge when it comes to topography and scenery, but Ann Arbor has a camaraderie and support for the university that Boulder will probably never have. It's a better "college town" in that respect.

Bedford makes some sense for them-coached in Fort Collins, and he's had a fair amount of experience in Texas/Oklahoma. Bobo? I don't get it, and I hope they hire him.

I think CSU is/was so enormed by the success Mcelwain had that they are going to the same well again. Can't blame them, but Bobo makes no sense to me.

Colorado State: The Denver Post reports that Mike Bobo and Colorado State are closing in on a deal. We’ll keep you posted. We addressed this possibility last night on FootballScoop radio. We reported last night that Scott Frost had said no thank you to the opportunity and it was looking like Bobo would be the guy the Denver post is now reporting the same. Here is the story. Update> Sources tell us the deal is done. Mike Bobo is the new head coach at Colorado State.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Reset.

SMU- June Jones out, Chad Morris in.
KU- Fat Charlie out, A&M WR coach David Beaty in, keeps Bowen as DC
NU- Pelini out, NU dials up the Mike Riley surprise. Pelini takes Youngstown St. job and gives NU the FU on his way out.
Buffalo- hired a DIII guy
Tulsa- Blankenship out, Baylor OC Philip Montgomery in.
UNLV- Hauck out, Bishop Gorman HC Sanchez in, takes Baer as DC, LaRussa as DB, Ced Cormier as WR.
UF- Muschamp out and reportedly headed to Auburn as DC, Sparkles is the new head gator.
Michigan- Hoke out, Butch Jones says no thanks, talks continue with Harbaugh reportedly being offered tons of $$$$$, Greg Schiano and Kyle Whittingham from Da Yoots are on the list too. Les Miles publicly says no. Ditto Cutcliffe. Gary Pinkel is a dark horse, but, not likely.
UH- fires Tony Levine, hires tOSU OC Tom Herman

Secondary market-

CSU- first program to be poached, UGA OC Bobo takes the reins.
Oregon State- Mike Riley off to greener cornfields, in a huge surprise, OSU hires away Wiscy's HC Gary Andersen
Wiscy- Andersen bails to OSU...Paul Chryst, former Pitt HC takes over.
Pitt- Chryst out, so is AD Steve Pedersen.

So Meatchicken and Pitt are the only two P5 jobs left open.

Back