What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Notre Dame's offense got fixed when Sanford left and Long took over. Now fired at WKU. Dude's got some career rebuilding to do.

This is interesting. Purdue would be winning the lottery on this one. And we'd hear the screams of pain from Mizzou fans all the way here in Colorado.

Louisville:
There is mutual interest between Missouri head coach Barry Odom and Louisville regarding the open head coaching position with the Cardinals, according to 247.

This is interesting. Purdue would be winning the lottery on this one. And we'd hear the screams of pain from Mizzou fans all the way here in Colorado.

Louisville:
There is mutual interest between Missouri head coach Barry Odom and Louisville regarding the open head coaching position with the Cardinals, according to 247.
As loud as the 5th down screams of pain?

Report: Mike Leach interested in return to Texas Tech, Dana Holgorsen a potential target

The people who are supporting him, it's not just one or two," an unnamed source told the Avalanche-Journal. "It's like a hoard of people and maybe eight or 10 that are like million-dollar-plus donors. It's some serious folks.

The article doesn't actually say Leach is interested, just that the AD and big-time donors are going to target him.

Leach to Tech would be a big domino in the Pac12. Would they pursue Bryan Harsin or an "air raid disciple" like Spavital to replace him if he left? Or would they cherry pick from their rival and go after Jimmy Lake. Possibly their old AHC: Alex Grinch.

If Tech can't land one of their top two; I could see them going hard after one of the G5 guys with buzz like Littrell, Brown, Norvell, or Wells.

Good for them. They will get better. Mack is a heck of a coach, and will have a great staff around him. I actually mentioned his name for our search and got poked fun of. Dude will recruit and win.
Chizik DC. Kliff OC with chance at HC some day if rehab goes well.

Agree to disagree. He mailed it in his last 4 years at UT. Can't imagine that will change with him even older now.
This. I actually was thinking that Brown might get involved in this go around on the carrousel but dismissed it because a) he's washed and b) he doesn't seem to want to coach; he definitely didn't the last few years at UT. We'll see, i guess.

Agree to disagree. He mailed it in his last 4 years at UT. Can't imagine that will change with him even older now.

I am not sold on the hire myself if it does happen, but Mack wouldn't be the first guy who found his motivation to coach again with a little time off.

Sure hope this is not typical CU style and we wait till the carousel stops spinning, everyone gets off, we get stuck with the leftover.

the old guys coaching club is getting bigger every day. the biggest news if we are actually pursuing a current p5 hc or hot coordinator is that trojans retained their clown prince helton. i love that so much.

Leach is not going back to Texas since he's still in a legal battle trying to get his buyout from Tech from the first time he was fired. He has mentioned his disdain for the state of Texas many times.
Exactly, they would have to give him a signing bonus and pay his entire contract up front. He isn't going to put up with their BS.

I wonder if Rick George is taking a look at Mike Leach? Leach seems to be interested in every job that opens. Didn’t he basically agree to terms with Tennessee to become their football coach last year - only to have Tennessee back out on him?

Some updates from FootballScoop:

Texas Tech: Kirk Bohls tweets that that Dana Holgorsen is not a candidate and “under no circumstances” will Texas Tech consider re-hiring Mike Leach. Leach himself agrees.

Texas State: Source tells FootballScoop Kendal Briles is a strong candidate for the Texas State head job.

Western Kentucky: Tyson Helton is set to become the new head coach at Western Kentucky.

Bowling Green: A search update at BG, where a former FBS head coach and current Notre Dame assistant is having his second interview. (Brian Polian is the assistant)

Didn't Bohn hire Fickell? It appears to me, looking at the MBB & FB programs, that he's doing a good job as the AD at Cincy.
Even a blind squirrel...

He's what, 1/4 on FB hires now? If I was a betting man, I'd say the next one will take them slowly off the rails.

Back