What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 CU MBB Schedule & Scholarship Roster

Wright will be back. Especially if we sign a couple of good transfers to ease his mind. So what you likely have next year is:
PG - Wright
G - Parquet
SF - Schwartz
SF - Transfer
PF - Battey

1st guard off bench - Barthelemy
1st forward off bench - Transfer
2nd guard off bench - Daniels
2nd "forward" off bench - Walton

And if Tad (as he should) can get a stud off guard/wing, that guy starts over Parquet as well. If Clifford or O'Brien see the floor next year they have either made INCREDIBLE progress in the off season or we've ended up with real depth issues. Neither is no where near ready at this point.

Depending on transfers, this team could win 14 or it could win 22 next year. The most essential piece is getting a 6-8 to 6-10, 10ppg/6rpg type guy to compliment or relieve Battey.

This is easily Tad's most critical off season.
Yep, seems right. If Wright does remain here then Tad only needs to replace Bey and Siewert with 2 transfers. It would be nice to get a transfer wing too for when DShawn dissappears next season.

So with the new additions, we can see the 2020-21 team taking shape. Still would like to see another grad transfer forward because the bench is mediocre unless one of the freshman explodes on the scene. As is stands if Horne can replicate his Tulsa numbers and Barthelemy is as good as advertised, it looks like maybe a 19-13 regular season team.

Man, If Bey had stayed - HOLY ****. We're talking a 25 win team at least.

PG - Wright, Sr 6-0
G - Parquet, Jr 6-3
SF - Schwartz, Jr 6-7
SF - Horne, Sr 6-7
PF - Battey, Jr 6-8

1st guard off bench - Barthelemy, Fr 6-2
2nd guard off bench - Daniels, Sr 6-5
2nd "forward" off bench - Walton, Sr 7-0

The Rest (not counting walk-ons):
Strating, Sr 6-7
Ryder, Sr 6-10
deSilva, Fr 6-8
Walker, Fr 6-8
Clifford, Fr 6-5

So with the new additions, we can see the 2020-21 team taking shape. Still would like to see another grad transfer forward because the bench is mediocre unless one of the freshman explodes on the scene. As is stands if Horne can replicate his Tulsa numbers and Barthelemy is as good as advertised, it looks like maybe a 19-13 regular season team.

PG - Wright, Sr 6-0
G - Parquet, Jr 6-3
SF - Schwartz, Jr 6-7
SF - Horne, Sr 6-7
PF - Battey, Jr 6-8

Strating, Sr 6-7
Ryder, Sr 6-10
deSilva, Fr 6-8
Walker, Fr 6-8
Clifford, Fr 6-5
You are forgetting OBrien for the last scholarship spot. So this is the final roster, we don't have any other scholarship availabilities to add another transfer. I'm really thinking one of the freshman fowards will get good minutes and hopefully Walton is fully healthy and get's more minutes. I'm thinking we get to 20 wins again with this group.

PG - Wright, Sr 6-0
G - Parquet, Jr 6-3
SF - Schwartz, Jr 6-7
SF - Horne, Sr 6-7
PF - Battey, Jr 6-8

Strating, Sr 6-7
Ryder, Sr 6-10
deSilva, Fr 6-8
Walker, Fr 6-8
Clifford, Fr 6-5

All speculation at this point, but I don't think Parquet starts. I think we're going to be really happy with Barthelemy, and he will see lots of minutes, maybe even as a starter. I also think Daniels will be improved - I like his shot and think he's shown ability to improve, also provide a challenge for Parquet as a starter.

Clifford or Walker should contribute as well. I think our lineup ends up being Kin, Key, Schwartz, Horne, Battey and first three off bench are Clifford, Walton, and Daniels. Parquet and Walker get minutes as well, and the rest mostly mop up and practice duty.

UPDATED

PG - Wright, Sr 6-0
G - Parquet, Jr 6-3
SF - Schwartz, Jr 6-7
SF - Horne, Sr 6-7
PF - Battey, Jr 6-8

1st forward off bench - Walton, Sr 7-0
2nd "forward" off bench - Strating, Sr 6-7

Ryder, Sr 6-10
deSilva, Fr 6-8
Walker, Fr 6-8
Clifford, Fr 6-5
O'Brien, Fr 6-8

Last edited:
All speculation at this point, but I don't think Parquet starts. I think we're going to be really happy with Barthelemy, and he will see lots of minutes, maybe even as a starter. I also think Daniels will be improved - I like his shot and think he's shown ability to improve, also provide a challenge for Parquet as a starter.

Clifford or Walker should contribute as well. I think our lineup ends up being Kin, Key, Schwartz, Horne, Battey and first three off bench are Clifford, Walton, and Daniels. Parquet and Walker get minutes as well, and the rest mostly mop up and practice duty.
Parquet either starts or is the first player off the bench. Bank on it.

Lots of talk about 1-2 true freshman getting time next year. Who do you all see as the most likely?

My list
1) Walker, Fr 6-8
2) Clifford, Fr 6-5
3) deSilva, Fr 6-8
4) O'Brien, Fr 6-8

If Strating is getting consistent minutes we’re in trouble.

If the right opportunity came up (Bey or another grad transfer/late addition) I guarantee CU could free up a scholarship.

If Strating is getting consistent minutes we’re in trouble.

If the right opportunity came up (Bey or another grad transfer/late addition) I guarantee CU could free up a scholarship.
Was Ryder on scholarship?

Ryder was a walk on to the best of my knowledge.
Ryder never was on scholarship. Great family btw, who I've met thru the Greek community in Boulder. His grandfather and parents are at every game. Grandpa is a smallish guy always wearing a beanie above his ears and cheering strong from left and behind the basket (looking from court) to the entrance of the locker rooms. Always loved the look as it reminded me of the commercial fishermen back east that I grew up around.

It annoyed me that Tad didn't use him more in games that were sealed going down the finish, as I don't think giving Battey a breather with a bit of a lead would be detrimental. Wish Frank the best, he was a solid insurance policy who gave the Buffs good practice minutes!

Back