What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Football Scholarship Roster

Just moved Sauvau to the DL. I'm guessing NT as I'm skeptical that a 310 lb OG is going to be doing much DE type stuff.

I'm skeptical about this one, but one place I am confident he can help is in short yardage or goal line situations. Remembering his film, he does fire out quickly and aggressively with good pad level.
I actually remember him mauling dudes on his film, so Ive always had some expectations for him. Him in the DL sounds good in theory and with a severe lack of depth, it’s probably the right move

Hopefully this has everything to do with Tucker wanting an actual 8-9 man rotation on the dline than what it probably is.

I just don't think we'll know jack **** till kickoff. They are just trying to plug bodies into spots, hope it works out where we can go bowling.

So, the idea would be to bring him in on GL situations with fresh legs to blow stuff up but, has little, if no impact between the 20’s and that’s his prospects?

On the surface, probably not the best use of a scholarship but, it’s not like I seen a crap ton of other options.

I suppose, at this point, f it. Go with it and recruit above him next year.

You guys would know better than me. What else you got?

Whooooo... my one deep thought on the Football Board for the season. Exhausted. I’ll let you guys take it from here. Just glad I could help. (y)

Dylan Thomas at CB adds a little competition and maybe some options to the group to not burn a redshirt of someone who wouldn't play much this year.

Hopefully it ends up being a good switch for him and the team.

On the scout team.
Yep. Most likely. In a pinch, it could end up saving a redshirt for Trujllo or Luckett, too. Main thing is that it could improve the position in 2020 while saving some legs on reps this year, I think.

Yep. Most likely. In a pinch, it could end up saving a redshirt for Trujllo or Luckett, too. Main thing is that it could improve the position in 2020 while saving some legs on reps this year, I think.
Trujillo and/or Luckett are in the two deep and both are probably better than Thomas. I highly doubt they would insert Thomas before one of them.

The Thomas move seems like a desperation move to me. Like “oh ****, we are paper thin at CB... hey, look at how many WRs we have!”

Trujillo and/or Luckett are in the two deep and both are probably better than Thomas. I highly doubt they would insert Thomas before one of them.
I was thinking about a scenario such as if there's an injury and a late game need to play a backup toward the end of the season while we're in a position like if one of those guys or Oats have already appeared in 4 games. I'm not expecting much. Just saying that this adds a bit to the options the coaches have and that there are scenarios where it would be good to have more options. On the same note, I hope that we have some walk-ons we trust enough for some of those scenarios, too.

I was thinking about a scenario such as if there's an injury and a late game need to play a backup toward the end of the season while we're in a position like if one of those guys or Oats have already appeared in 4 games. I'm not expecting much. Just saying that this adds a bit to the options the coaches have and that there are scenarios where it would be good to have more options. On the same note, I hope that we have some walk-ons we trust enough for some of those scenarios, too.
Fair enough. I just don't see a scenario where Trujillo is able to RS. Maybe Luckett, unless he catches on quickly, but Trujillo is CB4 and I just don't see how they can make it through the season without playing 4 CBs consistently.

Really struggling to understand all the haters here. DT is taking up a scholarship no matter what this year - why not give him a chance to prove himself at DB when he couldn’t do that at WR? At the least, it allows for more coaching opportunities for the other DB’s because there’s another person to split reps with now. Currently, we run the risk of running our DB’s haggard if the same guys have to run with the 1’s, 2’s, scout team, etc.. You basically need to stop practice if you want to coach up a DB when nobody else is available to run the next play. Total non-story to me with no downside risk.

Really struggling to understand all the haters here. DT is taking up a scholarship no matter what this year - why not give him a chance to prove himself at DB when he couldn’t do that at WR? At the least, it allows for more coaching opportunities for the other DB’s because there’s another person to split reps with now. Currently, we run the risk of running our DB’s haggard if the same guys have to run with the 1’s, 2’s, scout team, etc.. You basically need to stop practice if you want to coach up a DB when nobody else is available to run the next play. Total non-story to me with no downside risk.
Have no problem with the move itself. Just indicates a larger roster problem.

Yeah. I don’t hate the move. It is indicative of a larger issue though. In the short term, it thins out the WR grouping a little which should make them better. More reps and all that.

Have no problem with the move itself. Just indicates a larger roster problem.
It's a problem we knew we had, though. Same as with the defensive line. These position switches are probably not going to be dramatic enhancements, but they are the logical moves with reshuffling the current roster so that guys are in the best spots to help us now or in the future. At the least, it improves practices while raising morale by giving some guys opportunities when they would have otherwise been in a frustrating situation that didn't have a great future for them within the program.

Noyer moved from QB to Safety.

That simplifies the QB position and Lytle's status.

4 junior safeties, 3 in their 4th year. Needless to say, that's a lot.

Doesn’t the process take months though?
Probably. I would never expect CU to benefit from something like that, though, so oh well. Good addition to the CB group who can be on the PS this year and help our offense, while getting bigger and stronger for next year when he'll have 3 to play 3

Except for this guy

Well to be fair, he wasn't a whiny QB that just lost his chance to start and therefore was forced to transfer to preserve his mental health. Can't just go around giving family/medical hardships to every guy who has a mom or dad dealing with brain tumors / cancer / other serious condition now can we. If we did that it would just be utter chaos now wouldn't it.

I'm very curious to see how Tucker manages his roster this year with the potential for redshirting several freshmen and non-freshmen who could play a much bigger role in the future than what they would contribute in 2019.

With this 4-game redshirt rule, there's so much more leeway these days for protecting a redshirt.

For example, do we want to graduate 3 TEs or would we be better off with Jones coming back after another year of weight room and coaching? Is there a possibility that a guy like Fillip could play just enough to still redshirt? Can he avoid burning the redshirts of Luckett and/or Trujillo?

I'm very curious to see how Tucker manages his roster this year with the potential for redshirting several freshmen and non-freshmen who could play a much bigger role in the future than what they would contribute in 2019.

With this 4-game redshirt rule, there's so much more leeway these days for protecting a redshirt.

For example, do we want to graduate 3 TEs or would we be better off with Jones coming back after another year of weight room and coaching? Is there a possibility that a guy like Fillip could play just enough to still redshirt? Can he avoid burning the redshirts of Luckett and/or Trujillo?

It would be great if someone could keep track of the burnt redshirts this season. Y'know, like in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Back