What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NIT thread

I just want to say, if you didn't love Evan Battey before, him standing at the free throw line clapping while the refs huddled at the end of the first half should have sealed the deal.

This kid is awesome.

He also makes this team so much better when he's on the floor. I don't know what his +/- was tonight, but it had to have been pretty damn good.

Yeah, that was a very cool moment. Glad I got a chance to witness it in person.
His smile was priceless. That will be something that he never forgets. And we got to let him know as a fan base, how appreciative we are to have him. Couldn’t have scripted this and gotten it better.

Last edited:
Appears the radio broadcast guys were oblivious to what the crowd was actually acknowledging.
I think the crowd was mostly ignorant. It started as cheering the play, morphed into the replay we saw seeming to confirm that it was good, and ended up being about the Battey love punctuated by the refs confirming it was good. I'm sure a lot of people there were just cheering that the Buffs scored on a last second shot.

Still wish we played Nebraska... beating them and their coach getting fired would have been sweet!

tenor.gif

I think the crowd was mostly ignorant. It started as cheering the play, morphed into the replay we saw seeming to confirm that it was good, and ended up being about the Battey love punctuated by the refs confirming it was good. I'm sure a lot of people there were just cheering that the Buffs scored on a last second shot.

In fairness, I was cheering the play at first, then when Battey went to the free throw line, I was applauding him.

I would like to think that, after a while, most everyone was cheering for Evan, if for no other reason than the way he was responding to the applause. Humble, with a big smile on his face.

I just want to say, if you didn't love Evan Battey before, him standing at the free throw line clapping while the refs huddled at the end of the first half should have sealed the deal.

This kid is awesome.

He also makes this team so much better when he's on the floor. I don't know what his +/- was tonight, but it had to have been pretty damn good.
Could not agree more. This kid has the goods. He may lack some of the measurables, and he certainly does not look intimidating physically, but he knows how to play the game. As someone mentioned earlier, he knew his team was in trouble, so he took it upon himself to score. In the first half he happily passed up a low block opportunity in favor of passing a layup to Siewart. He just plays for the team. And to top it all off he has a Magic Johnson type persona that is almost larger than life.

He comes across like the type of guy that has never really taken much for granted, and now especially after what he has been through it seems he has a real zest for life, come what may. Would love to see him flashing that smile in NYC!

Could not agree more. This kid has the goods. He may lack some of the measurables, and he certainly does not look intimidating physically, but he knows how to play the game. As someone mentioned earlier, he knew his team was in trouble, so he took it upon himself to score. In the first half he happily passed up a low block opportunity in favor of passing a layup to Siewart. He just plays for the team. And to top it all off he has a Magic Johnson type persona that is almost larger than life.

He comes across like the type of guy that has never really taken much for granted, and now especially after what he has been through it seems he has a real zest for life, come what may. Would love to see him flashing that smile in NYC!
He’s a good a passer as anyone on the team.

I was cheering for good effort right before the half, and then the reason seemed to organically morph from that point.
It was all very organic, which is why it was so amazing. It definitely wouldn't have happened had he not just strutted up to the FT line ready to take shots before the review was over. And then he's just standing there alone, representing the team's swagger, and the play was great, and we know we got the review, and it's the last home game, and he's just awesome, and everyone loves him. It was for him, but it was also for a lot more than that.

Back