What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-2021 Bowl Games Thread

Would you agree that ND is one of the the most overrated teams year in and year out? ND ranked in the top 5 is usually a team with top 15-20 talent which is why whenever they play a "real" top five team the result is very predictable. Not only a loss but an ass whopping. I'm not disparaging Clemson. They just haven't played anyone.

I said I've never seen it. You say you have.

I can't prove a negative.
You are asking hawg to prove a negative. He’s outlined the rule and how it applies here. You say that similar hits “happen all of the time,” but aren’t targeting. Yet, you decline to provide evidence. It seems like if these highlight worthy spearing highlights occur all of the time without penalty, it’s your burden to prove your contention that the rule was misapplied.

I actually thought that was a pretty good showing by notre dame today. Saban was definitely not as aggressive as usual but I think notre dame showed the recipe to beat them, lots of tight ends, attack the edges in the run game and then throw the ball short for easy completions to those tight ends that create pressure on the defense through that run game.

Guys that is the definition of targeting and dirty as **** if you don’t think it is. You learn that first practice as a second grader
Again, show me another example where it has been called in this fashion. As a former defensive player, i know how hard it is to tackle an elusive runner in the open field.

You are asking hawg to prove a negative. He’s outlined the rule and how it applies here. You say that similar hits “happen all of the time,” but aren’t targeting. Yet, you decline to provide evidence. It seems like if these highlight worthy spearing highlights occur all of the time without penalty, it’s your burden to prove your contention that the rule was misapplied.
He told me he's seen it called like that. Open field. Runner not giving themselves up. But to somewhere other than the head.

He needs to prove his claim because I've never seen it called like that. Bad application of the rule.

Again, show me another example where it has been called in this fashion. As a former defensive player, i know how hard it is to tackle an elusive runner in the open field.
Well I don’t know who taught you to tackle but whenever you put your head down like that it is against the old rules, let alone the new ones. I realize it is hard for defenders but you can’t do that.

Would you agree that ND is one of the the most overrated teams year in and year out? ND ranked in the top 5 is usually a team with top 15-20 talent which is why whenever they play a "real" top five team the result is very predictable. Not only a loss but an ass whopping. I'm not disparaging Clemson. They just haven't played anyone.

If you don't think Clemson has played anyone then you must not think tOSU or Bama has played anyone either.

Well I don’t know who taught you to tackle but whenever you put your head down like that it is against the old rules, let alone the new ones. I realize it is hard for defenders but you can’t do that.
Yes, and every tackle is s form tackle, right?

Michigan is chronically over rated every year, more so than ND. I challenge you to find a team rated in the preseason top 25 who drops out before the end of the season more than UM. Though ND is right up there.

Back