What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-2021 Bowl Games Thread

Colorado should have stayed in the Big XII!!! Iowa State has nothing physically over Colorado except more of our old Texas pipelines!!! Big mistake for us in hindsight. Uggghhh

I'm not a big fan of the P12 either but we wouldn't have gotten that Champions Center had we stayed in the Big 12. This season showed me that I do not have to watch any other P12 team besides CU.

Any idea who could replace Kellen Mond at QB next season if he declares for the NFL Draft? That would be most likely someone that Jimbo recruited since I don't recall him being responsible for Mond.

Given that embrace between Mond and Fisher...I guess Mond is moving on after this season.

I think we assume the rule is there to protect the guy being tackled and not the tackler.

Why no Champions Center without P12? We would get more money from Big 12 right?

It’s still possible that the Big 12 $ would be enough but it would have been harder to raise $ in the Big 12 where it seemed like football was about dead in the water as opposed to the excitement of a new beginning even if we had no idea how much the P12 presidents treated football as opposed to the Big 12 presidents.

The Pac-12 was not good this season.

Poised for a pretty big bounceback in 2021 though.

I think we assume the rule is there to protect the guy being tackled and not the tackler.

Crown of the helmet rule was put in primarily to protect the hitter in an effort to eliminate spinal compression injuries.

It’s still possible that the Big 12 $ would be enough but it would have been harder to raise $ in the Big 12 where it seemed like football was about dead in the water as opposed to the excitement of a new beginning even if we had no idea how much the P12 presidents treated football as opposed to the Big 12 presidents.
I joined just to say, as a Cyclone fan, I'd love to have you guys and most of the original Big8 back together again...I'd love to let TexA$$ be independent and do their own thing, how's this look?

Arizona
Arizona State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas Tech

Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Utah

Give me an excuse to go to a game at one of the most beautiful towns in the US, guess I just miss you guys, its true you probably fit in better in the PAC culture wise but whatever it doesn't sound like it's been a great fit anyway.

liane cartman boo GIF by South Park

I joined just to say, as a Cyclone fan, I'd love to have you guys and most of the original Big8 back together again...I'd love to let TexA$$ be independent and do their own thing, how's this look?

Arizona
Arizona State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas Tech

Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
****braska
Utah

Give me an excuse to go to a game at one of the most beautiful towns in the US, guess I just miss you guys, its true you probably fit in better in the PAC culture wise but whatever it doesn't sound like it's been a great fit anyway.

First off, let me say that Iowa State fans have consistently been the most gracious fans that I've encountered in college football, and I appreciate your sentiments here. Also, I was beyond impressed with the Cyclone's performance in this year's bowl game. It was a treat to see such a well-coached disciplined team impose their will on the hapless Ducks.

Having said that. Looking at this list of teams that I couldn't give two ****s about that represent some of the most dog**** destinations in our country has only reinforced my commitment to the (admittedly) dysfunctional Pac 12. The Arizonas bring a little interest and intrigue (but are generally the least interesting element of the Pac 12 for me). I'm apathetic about Utah. Oklahoma is a great program with great tradition and I've always hated their fans. But overall, there's not much I find interesting on that list as a team or a destination.

To me, that list feels like leftover meatloaf. So bland.

Arizona
Arizona State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas Tech

Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
****braska
Utah

First of all thank you for beating Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl.

I wouldn't mind swapping those Kansas schools for the Arizona schools in football. That set up reminds me of the competitive imbalance of the old Big 12 where the South had all of that recruiting advantage. Either give our division the Texas schools or the Arizona schools and wouldn't you want to be in the same division where you got Brock Purdy from?

Given the rumblings of those Arizona schools wanting to leave the Pac-12 and over many conservations with Utah fans online, those three fanbases appear to me that they wouldn't mind being in the Big 12. Going to the MWC would be just too easy and that wouldn't look good for three AAU schools (UA, CU, and Utah). The Big 12 might have to fight with the B1G for those four schools in that case.

There isn't much difference competition wise between the Big 12 and Pac-12 except it seems to me that the Pac-12 is more competitive but that is from so many years of seeing bad KU football teams. The Buffs have been competitive in the Pac-12 since at least 2014 and I don't think it would have been much different in the Big 12 either. We are who we are.

Did you know that CU & Utah are actually more north than the Bay Area schools? For competitive and recruiting reasons, the Buffs and Utes are in the South Division as a result. I was probably one of those few CU fans who wanted CU in that North Division with the WA and OR schools because disliking them felt more natural.

Nothing but respect for the Cyclone fanbase...I remember you guys giving us a fight at Folsom Field in 1990 and that program has come a long way with whatever resources they had at their disposal.

Having said that. Looking at this list of teams that I couldn't give two ****s about that represent some of the most dog**** destinations in our country has only reinforced my commitment to the (admittedly) dysfunctional Pac 12. The Arizonas bring a little interest and intrigue (but are generally the least interesting element of the Pac 12 for me). I'm apathetic about Utah. Oklahoma is a great program with great tradition and I've always hated their fans. But overall, there's not much I find interesting on that list as a team or a destination.

To me, that list feels like leftover meatloaf. So bland.

Sayeth the one who started the Texas appreciation thread.

Let's say we had to choose between playing Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska as opposed to USC, UCLA, and Utah. I think that Big 12 pick would win in a landslide because both LA schools have been garbage compared to the Texas & OU duo since the Buffs have joined. I didn't like USC back in the early 2000s when they were cheating and nothing is going to change with squeaky clean Mike Bohn as their AD.

First of all thank you for beating Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl.

I wouldn't mind swapping those Kansas schools for the Arizona schools in football. That set up reminds me of the competitive imbalance of the old Big 12 where the South had all of that recruiting advantage. Either give our division the Texas schools or the Arizona schools and wouldn't you want to be in the same division where you got Brock Purdy from?

Given the rumblings of those Arizona schools wanting to leave the Pac-12 and over many conservations with Utah fans online, those three fanbases appear to me that they wouldn't mind being in the Big 12. Going to the MWC would be just too easy and that wouldn't look good for three AAU schools (UA, CU, and Utah). The Big 12 might have to fight with the B1G for those four schools in that case.

There isn't much difference competition wise between the Big 12 and Pac-12 except it seems to me that the Pac-12 is more competitive but that is from so many years of seeing bad KU football teams. The Buffs have been competitive in the Pac-12 since at least 2014 and I don't think it would have been much different in the Big 12 either. We are who we are.

Did you know that CU & Utah are actually more north than the Bay Area schools? For competitive and recruiting reasons, the Buffs and Utes are in the South Division as a result. I was probably one of those few CU fans who wanted CU in that North Division with the WA and OR schools because disliking them felt more natural.

Nothing but respect for the Cyclone fanbase...I remember you guys giving us a fight at Folsom Field in 1990 and that program has come a long way with whatever resources they had at their disposal.

Sayeth the one who started the Texas appreciation thread.

Let's say we had to choose between playing Oklahoma, Texas, and ****braska as opposed to USC, UCLA, and Utah. I think that Big 12 pick would win in a landslide because both LA schools have been garbage compared to the Texas & OU duo since the Buffs have joined. I didn't like USC back in the early 2000s when they were cheating and nothing is going to change with squeaky clean Mike Bohn as their AD.
Dude.

Oklahoma and Texas are joined at the hip (and at the wallet.)

Hard to see any scenario that includes one and not the other.

Kirk: team that can control opponent’s run game with walking a S down will win.

Simple, easy to watch. Makes sense to me.

Probably the best place for this. Joel’s ideas for playoff expansion

How about none of the above.

College football does not need to, nor will it be helped by trying to imitate the NFL.

Other than the fact that a lot of people enjoy watching them lose and lose big did anyone really consider the ND-Alabama game a "playoff." Did ND even consider mention as potentially the best team in the nation this year.

Had ND won that game it would have been because Bama was missing a bunch of guys due to Covid or some other event. Nobody really thinks that ND was the best team over the course of this year. If they won it would nave been timing and dumb luck.

I'm not interested in a college champion based on timing and dumb luck.

Back