What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-2021 Bowl Games Thread

Bowl games lost meaning with the BCS starting. There used to be years where you could conceivably watch 3 different bowls that could impact who the champ was going to be. Players and fans knew that.

Now, as I said before parity is going down the toilet. Multiple dynasties intersecting isn't good for any sport.

I should add...for teams like CU, bowls absolutely have meaning. We are trying to raise our national profile and winning games and making bowls is a big deal. For teams like Florida, where the whole roster has gone bowling every year, and they had title aspirations, it doesn't mean anything to the players or the fans.

I should add...for teams like CU, bowls absolutely have meaning. We are trying to raise our national profile and winning games and making bowls is a big deal. For teams like Florida, where the whole roster has gone bowling every year, and they had title aspirations, it doesn't mean anything to the players or the fans.
Should also include in this that for the teams who's key players, even a majority of their starters, are likely to be in an NFL training camp the bowls mean less. For them the pinnacle of their career is in their future, at least in their minds.

For a team like CU and many of the lower half P5 teams, upper half G5 teams most of their players aren't going to be collecting paychecks. For them a bowl is a chance to be then game on national TV, to get the rings and the T-shirts and the gift bags.

Likewise for the fans of programs that don't have the football factory mentality and budget a good bowl experience, even with no NC implications can be a great reward for supporting their teams through a good season. I can safely say that fans of schools like Northwestern, Iowa State, Washington State or Pitt care if their teams make a bowl and show well, and many are willing to pay to see it.

Two thoughts:
If kids opt out, next man up, fun to watch either way. This year cannot count in this discussion cause it is unprecedented.
Must go to 8 team playoff and we must get the PAC12 an auto bid if the champion has 2 or less losses. Playoff should include home sites, then pod site to make it a 7-8 day party. Include all star games.

If you have watched or followed FCS football lately even before NDSU went on their current national championship run, it wasn't hard to guess which teams would get into the playoffs from some conferences and we are seeing the same thing from FBS football with the Alabamas, Clemsons, Norte Dames, Ohio States, etc of college football. That is why I was against a playoff in the first place because of what it is doing to college football. Now the regular season and bowl games don't matter like they used to. College football doesn't have the same level of uniqueness that it once had and was able to separate themselves from just about any other sport with the old bowl system despite its flaws.

Controversy sells in sports and that was what was refreshing about UCF declaring themselves national championships after an undefeated season. It never bothered me that we share the 1990 NC with Georgia Tech because we won the freaking NC that's all.

OSU leading the Canes 21-0 with 56 seconds to go in the 1Q. I hope Miami gets something going soon or this game is nothing but a snoozefest.

have some family friends that are huge OSU fans so I watch too many of their games every year but man they have been such a weird team this season.

have some family friends that are huge OSU fans so I watch too many of their games every year but man they have been such a weird team this season.
Yeah, my brother went to OSU and I tend to watch them a lot. Went to the Alamo bowl about 8 years ago with my brother to watch OSU and had a blast with their fans

How many of you each time you hear the music from the Expedia commercial think of "Hello Smokey?"

At one point in my life, I remember being genuinely disappointed that CU had to play in the Cotton Bowl. Like the season was a failure.

Back