What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-21 MBB Season

I'm interested to see a 2 PG lineup with Barthelemy.

Mixing it up so Kin can play off ball to post up against man, save his legs by not bringing it up every possession, better team ball handling to break pressure, etc. could take this team to another level.
I'm hearing most of the discussion/work so far has been around this as your backcourt lineup in 2020/2021.

Why the hell not...

G: Wright IV
G: Barthelemy
F: Schwartz
F: Horne
F: Battey

1st guard off bench: Parquet
2nd guard off bench: Daniels
1st big off bench: Walton
2nd big off bench: Strating

Wild card: Walker. This year's team may need additional size/ length at times and Walker may be forced into duty.

Why the hell not...

Wild card: Walker. This year's team may need additional size/ length at times and Walker may be forced into duty.

Agree mostly with this rotation, I'd be very shocked if Nique Clifford didn't have a role on this year team with his explosion and athleticism. Even if that means taking Daniels minutes away. I know it'll be interesting for freshman this year with the weird offseason, but I feel like he'll be too good to keep off the floor.

Why the hell not...

Picking nits here, Daniels will be the first "wing" off the bench coming in for Schwartz and will have similar minutes to Parquet. But, yeah, this is pretty much it if everything about Barthelemy is up to expectations.

Here's the cubuffs article related to today's Pac 12 decisions, with general portions, and those specifically related to bball, quoted below-

"
BOULDER — The Pac-12 Conference CEOs announced Thursday afternoon that the 2020 football season, originally postponed on August 11 until at least the first of the new year, will now commence with a seven-game schedule beginning the weekend of November 6-7, subject to the approval of state and local health authorities.

They also signed off on the men's and women's basketball seasons to begin on Nov. 25, which is the date the NCAA Board of Directors approved earlier this week for those contests to begin. There will be 25-to-27-game schedules for both the men and women and will include a few non-conference games.

As a whole, the conference CEOs decided to proceed to hold games with no fans through the end of the year for both football and basketball. In addition, no bands or spirit squads will be permitted for time being as well. The conference will revisit for basketball and spring sports such as volleyball and soccer in January.

The NCAA's Division I Council announced a start date for men's and women's basketball the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, Nov. 25, with practices allowed to begin Wednesday, Oct. 14. This past Tuesday, the NCAA Board of Directors approved dates for spring "regular season" schedules for cross country (Jan. 23-March 5), soccer (Feb. 3-April 17) and volleyball (Jan. 22-April 3) with championship events following those end dates.

As far as testing requirements are concerned, for all Pac-12 sports that entail high risk of transmission activity and that begin practice and/or competition prior to January 1, 2021, all must comply with testing and other guidance as set forth by the Pac-12 Medical Board. Daily testing for each day of athletic participation will be implemented for sports that entail higher risk of transmission activity. Competition with nonconference opponents will be contingent upon such non-conference opponents implementing minimum testing protocols in accordance with Pac 12 Medical Board recommendations.

"

Yeah, I saw a few people assume that quote was about Tad. Considering Norlander is constantly praising Tad, that was misguided (and foolish) anger from our fanbase.

You can tell Boyle loves Eli Parquet he said this last year when Parquet did make improvements, but he talked about him again in this video about how nobody really talks about him but Boyle thinks he's going to be a huge part of this team. I wonder if we get a George King like break through from him. It may not be this year, but maybe even his senior year that would be huge.

You can tell Boyle loves Eli Parquet he said this last year when Parquet did make improvements, but he talked about him again in this video about how nobody really talks about him but Boyle thinks he's going to be a huge part of this team. I wonder if we get a George King like break through from him. It may not be this year, but maybe even his senior year that would be huge.
His offensive game the second half of last season really surprised me.

I'm hoping that Eli can be a Tony Allen type 6th man for this team. Never a pure shooter, but a damn good 6th man SG who could play PG, SG or SF as needed and lock down any of those positions as a defender.

*I'm talking about the type of contribution to the Buffs team relative to what Allen did for Boston & Memphis. Not saying that Eli is that level of player. Allen had such a long NBA career after being incredible at OSU (led a Final 4 team).

Football practice?! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...we got BASKETBALL PRACTICE starting today!

....I have no real news, just that reminder. I think we could have a really good season depending on Dallas and Barthelemy (tournament and win one game...or who knows, maybe two). I think our floor will be high though, at least for us (NIT / NCAA bubble range), with Kin, Battey, and Schwartz doing some fun things this year.

The bullet points at the end of the article are encouraging, very encouraging. Not sure if Dallas makes a huge step without the brace, but it's still encouraging news. Horne shooting well is also a nice tidbit.

I didn't know Tad wasn't that high on the D White team at the start, but I remember personally being cautious about the team. Everything on paper looked great, but the loss of Scott was big. I think it's fair to say that the leadership on this year's team should be much better than that team.

The bullet points at the end of the article are encouraging, very encouraging. Not sure if Dallas makes a huge step without the brace, but it's still encouraging news. Horne shooting well is also a nice tidbit.

I didn't know Tad wasn't that high on the D White team at the start, but I remember personally being cautious about the team. Everything on paper looked great, but the loss of Scott was big. I think it's fair to say that the leadership on this year's team should be much better than that team.

Wish I could like your post more than once. So many new faces. I really want to watch some CU basketball even if it can't be in person. Thanks for sharing.

Back