What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-21 MBB Season

Adam at Buffstampede has a great article. Mods - if I'm supposed to wait for him to post links to his free articles, please let me know and delete.

The statement he has about Keeshawn is awesome - gets me really excited. The Thorne part also is really great to read. I really wonder who amongst the freshmen are turning heads, since Kin and Tad have stated they really like the new faces. I'm really intrigued to see what Clifford brings.

Loving the preseason articles recently. Making me giddy for this season. Tad doesn't tend to overhype things often and he has already been hyping the wright barthelemy back court of being the best back court he's had. Also sounds like this freshman group is comparable to the 2017 group, which if that is the case with who we have coming in next year can only mean great things for the buffs. Super excited to see them on the hardwood.

Loving the preseason articles recently. Making me giddy for this season. Tad doesn't tend to overhype things often and he has already been hyping the wright barthelemy back court of being the best back court he's had. Also sounds like this freshman group is comparable to the 2017 group, which if that is the case with who we have coming in next year can only mean great things for the buffs. Super excited to see them on the hardwood.
Lots of reason for optimism, Wright is near the top of that list.

I am excited to see Dallas back this year, he could be a difference maker for us. Evan will of course be the guy who is the primary post player but few teams can spell their first teamer with a legitimate 7 footer who can contribute on both ends of the floor. It is going to be very difficult for opponents to prepare for two talented centers who are so different in their skills

It weird to me how stoked I am about this team, and then we show up 61st here and like 8th in some pre-season p12 ranking. Am I just overly optimistic?

Depends on what your expectations are. First, with KP, we never show well. We are a team that wins games closely. We never blow teams out. If we have a great D, we have a horrible O. If we have a great O, we have a horrible D (note: this only happened once). That "hurts" us in KP methodology. We always seem to outperform our KP expectations.

As for polls, I can see why people doubt us. We're not flashy. Our second best player from last year is gone. Our second best player this year didn't play last year and is from Canada so there wasn't any hype for him. We went through an absolutely inexcusable horrible slump to end the year. If they didn't have "COLORADO" on the front of their chests, I'd be discounting them too to be honest. But Tad has a history and track record of recovering from situations like that. We're pretty consistent overall. We have an all-Pac12 PG which is huge. And the conference isn't that good to be honest. So I think we're gonna overperform the polls. My guess is 4th/5th.

It weird to me how stoked I am about this team, and then we show up 61st here and like 8th in some pre-season p12 ranking. Am I just overly optimistic?

I'm with you...the more I think about this season, I get excited. I expect a solid season. Simply, I just don't see a glaring hole on the team if Schwartz becomes a consistent shooter. I wasn't around for last season's collapse, so I may not be as tainted (or reasonable) as most. But:

We addressed a huge issue with last year's squad with Barthelemy (another ball handler)
Losing Bey sucks, but Horne adds some athletic size; we're not completely lacking for a long, athletic wing.
Dallas is back at full health it seems from reports.
Battey is a solid leader in the locker room it seems. Kin is the main guy, but there are additional, seasoned voices to guide this team.
I'm excited to see what the freshman can do. They don't NEED to contribute, but if they're as special as the TWTR statements, then we could be getting some nice, unexpected contributions from one/two of them.

We may not be F4 material, but in a COVID world with brackets that are all about matchups, we could make a S16 run. At the least, I think it's fair to expect us to get a tournament invite. There are a lot of things in place to make this season one to remember.

Man. I'm shocked we didn't get a single "Others Recieving Votes".

ASU has no front line, they are counting quite a bit on Marcus Bagley, Taeshon Cherry, and Jalen Graham, which their guards are electric you have to have a better front line than that. Plus Hurley will wins games against high ranking teams, but also lose headscratchers. UCLA and Oregon will be at the top. Also USC perpetually underperforms with their talent. Think CU can finish 4th or 5th pretty easily.

Back