What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-21 MBB Season

Miller has to be on the hot seat – they're clearly underperforming their talent + he is perpetually involved with some sort of investigation

Meh. He'll get a pass for a subpar season when they've already opted out of the postseason. Time will tell if the cheating will influence his employment, so far it doesn't look like it.

I don't wan't to bwalk us...but the bounce back against Zona and OSU after the terrible, horrible, no-good Utah loss is really promising and suggests a change in trend from previous seasons

You think Tad would ever mess with the starting lineup? I wonder how Schwartz would fair coming off the bench if we slipped Horne or Walker into the starting 3 slot – neither of them get as many minutes as they deserve
Tad addressed horne as 3 last night. Firm no. Can't guard the other sides 3

Adding a home game against good competition isn’t bad. Will give us our best shot at 20 Ws. And in a year where we may have our best pac-12 record ever, adjusted for the 2 extra games, it would be criminal to have an unbalanced home/road weighing us down.

I just honestly don’t get the pac hate this year in seeding predictions. Like a 14-10 Maryland team is on the same line as a 16-5 UCLA and above the 17-7 buffs. And no matter how many times the 14-8 Texas tech loses haven’t seen them higher than a 4 seed. And the whole pac sucking in the tourney thing, we’ve actually done better the last two brackets. Oregon as a 12 made it to the sweet 16 and almost beta Virginia who won it all that year.

He notoriously loves us and Kin but...

wolf of wall street omg GIF

10 Big Ten teams? Call me crazy, but if you can't finish in the top HALF of your conference, you might not be deserving of a bid.
Bids gotta come from somewhere. Down year in the Big East, ACC, A-10 and a bit down in the SEC. Pac-12 about where it's been, but Arizona ineligible.

Gonna be a ton of B1G and Big 12 representation. I can't really argue with it.

Bids gotta come from somewhere. Down year in the Big East, ACC, A-10 and a bit down in the SEC. Pac-12 about where it's been, but Arizona ineligible.

Gonna be a ton of B1G and Big 12 representation. I can't really argue with it.

It's a funny argument to make, all things considered, but the thought that CSU at 14-4 and 11-3 in conference goes to the NIT while Indiana at 12-10 and 7-8 goes to the NCAAs is laughable to me.

I get that the MWC is not the Big Ten and CSU is, well, CSU, but that's just stupid to me. Want to make the tournament? Finish at least 7th in a 14 team league.

(The thing that makes me sympathetic to the sheep this year is that they have the same number of losses as Boise and SDSU, but the difference that they have had more games lost to covid. That's a crappy way to miss out on the tournament.)

It's a funny argument to make, all things considered, but the thought that CSU at 14-4 and 11-3 in conference goes to the NIT while Indiana at 12-10 and 7-8 goes to the NCAAs is laughable to me.

I get that the MWC is not the Big Ten and CSU is, well, CSU, but that's just stupid to me. Want to make the tournament? Finish at least 7th in a 14 team league.

(The thing that makes me sympathetic to the sheep this year is that they have the same number of losses as Boise and SDSU, but the difference that they have had more games lost to covid. That's a crappy way to miss out on the tournament.)
I disagree. Didn't IU sweep Iowa this year? That tells me they're capable of pulling an upset against anyone in the tourney field.

I disagree. Didn't IU sweep Iowa this year? That tells me they're capable of pulling an upset against anyone in the tourney field.
I don't feel like that's necessarily a good thing. Sure they might "pull an upset", but how about deserving to be there in the first place?

I don't feel like that's necessarily a good thing. Sure they might "pull an upset", but how about deserving to be there in the first place?
MWC is no better than a 2-bid league this year. Should be Boise State plus whichever of CSU or SDSU advances farther in the conference tourney. 1-bid league if we see bad finishes from those 3.

It literally means nothing that a team banked wins against UNM and others in the bottom half of the MWC standings.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ams-division-men-basketball-tournament-begins
This seems extremely shortsided by the NCAA per usual. Basically if your team can't play because of COVID you forfeit. Waiting until a high profile player like Luka Garza or Ayo get's it and that runs their teams chances. This is the main difference between football and basketball. Losing one player in basketball could be the difference for your team. Pretty much everyy team has been impacted this season so to assume that won't happen or don't care if that doesn't happen in postseason seems stupid.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ams-division-men-basketball-tournament-begins
This seems extremely shortsided by the NCAA per usual. Basically if your team can't play because of COVID you forfeit. Waiting until a high profile player like Luka Garza or Ayo get's it and that runs their teams chances. This is the main difference between football and basketball. Losing one player in basketball could be the difference for your team. Pretty much everyy team has been impacted this season so to assume that won't happen or don't care if that doesn't happen in postseason seems stupid.
What does the NCAA care about? Money for the scheduled tourney that makes them obscene coin regardless of who is playing, or a few players being held out due to Covid affecting the balance of play?

You could easily see a cinderalla story on the flip side of Covid situations that would be riveting TV.

Back