What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Seriously. What in the actual **** is their malfunction? Half the SEC is straight garbage, just add an extra conference game.
Because if they have an OOC game against the ACC (Florida state, Georgia tech, Clemson, Louisville) then they hopefully get to pad their wins with 3 wins and 1 loss instead of 2 wins and 2 losses. This is the way the conference thinks. Super annoying. Then the three teams that don’t have natural rivalries get to schedule some bum team and they can go 6-1 in the OOC from the East.

So this is what I think happened. All P5 teams knew this was coming. There is obviously the normal big-10, Pac-12 alliance vs. the acc/sec alliance with the big 12 just sitting there with their thumbs up their asses. Big10/pac said 9-10 conference games, end of story. Let’s align our testing protocols, etc. ACC has their hands tied because notre dame would have to essentially join for the season and the sec got all pissed off, acted like a bunch of babies because they had to actually play teams in their conference (the horror) and the big 10 said **** this we are doing it, you all can do whatever you want to. That is why the reports came out that the big 10 was annoyed with the cooperation of other conferences because I think we all know what that means.

Damn. I’m going to reaaaaaaally miss those Bama vs. local high school team in late November games.
$10 says that the SEC keeps one of those games per team and increases their payout to them in order for them to test their players 1-2 times in the weeks prior to their game.

Because if they have an OOC game against the ACC (Florida state, Georgia tech, Clemson, Louisville) then they hopefully get to pad their wins with 3 wins and 1 loss instead of 2 wins and 2 losses. This is the way the conference thinks. Super annoying. Then the three teams that don’t have natural rivalries get to schedule some bum team and they can go 6-1 in the OOC from the East.

It just means more!

Agreed, but I guess the argument is about non-con P5 games where the other programs do have the resources. The in-state ACC/SEC matchups you mentioned earlier probably present a "safer" matchup than a cross state conference matchup.
Yeah this is why I think we probably still end up playing CSU

Agreed, but I guess the argument is about non-con P5 games where the other programs do have the resources. The in-state ACC/SEC matchups you mentioned earlier probably present a "safer" matchup than a cross state conference matchup.
I think it completely depends on the conference. I think they will all handle this differently sort of like how different states handle it differently so it might not be as easy as it seems. To sliders point below, I don’t see that one happening because the pac will want more bye weeks for scheduling and csu doesn't have the same resources as pac 12 schools to administer the protocols.

i do agree that the in state matchups between P5 schools is probably about the same as an in conference game though, but these conferences will probably want complete control.

It’s working.

Is this partially about saving some money on the P5 side? Not having to pay out to the smaller schools. Conversely, will this be the beginning of the end of some of the now P5 schools that are dependent on those payouts?

Is this partially about saving some money on the P5 side? Not having to pay out to the smaller schools. Conversely, will this be the beginning of the end of some of the now P5 schools that are dependent on those payouts?
Lots of legal folks weighing in (On Twitter) on contracts and whether or not they have to pay smaller schools. Not simple.

IF CSU has the same resources. The difference is that they aren't P5, so maybe that's a non-starter.

I really wanted that game to happen just so we didn't have to postpone a more attractive out of conference matchup we're scheduled to play later this year. If we can't get the conference's backing to play it, what's the buyout?

When the SEC commissioner starts talking like this and low key calls out the Trumpistas I think it’s time to wake up.

But, the direct reality is not good and the notion that we’ve politicized medical guidance of distancing, and breathing masks, and hand sanitization, ventilation of being outside, being careful where you are in buildings. There’s some very clear advice about — you can’t mitigate and eliminate every risk but how do you minimize the risk? . . . We are running out of time to correct and get things right and as a society, we owe it to each other to be as healthy as we can be.”

Lots of legal folks weighing in (On Twitter) on contracts and whether or not they have to pay smaller schools. Not simple.
It would be shocking if these contracts were lacking a force majeure clause.

Back