What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Better question: IF a spring season happens, how do we compensate for it in 2021? Playing the 2020 campaign in Spring 2021 and then the 2021 campaign in the fall of 2021 is probably more unsafe than playing this fall would be IMO.

I have the angle of thinking kids can sit in class might as well play some ball.
I kind of agree with the sentiment here. If we aren't keeping kids off campus, then what is the difference? Especially these athletes that are going to be in the training facilities running, lifting weights, hanging out with teammates...

I know there is no right answer here, which is why it sucks so much.

You and I know that-but there are still posters on here who don't get that. Look at the conversation around Larry wanting to turn the Pac 12 into the Spring Football league du jour for 2021 even with everyone else trying to play in the fall.
Our ONLY shot for playing college sports in 2021 is to get a national response in January.

At this point, I think Fall 2021 for college sports would be a much better target to restart than anytime in 2020.

I kind of agree with the sentiment here. If we aren't keeping kids off campus, then what is the difference? Especially these athletes that are going to be in the training facilities running, lifting weights, hanging out with teammates...

no rights answers is the right answer and it does suck.

you did however leave out one small detail --- all of the activities above, while reduced, can be done with safety measures followed. games involve close physical contact and flying sweat, spit, blood, etc.

They’re not going to be in class. My sister just got two more classes at CU to adjunct for the fall. ONLINE.

Our ONLY shot for playing college sports in 2021 is to get a national response in January.

At this point, I think Fall 2021 for college sports would be a much better target to restart than anytime in 2020.

Which leads to Joe Biden in the White House. I know. I've been hearing it on this site for 4 months now.

I think the liability thing is over-blown. I'd think waivers could be signed where kids decide on their own. Many decided on their own to go to bars and parties.

It's a bad look for a top Academic Institution to choose $$$ over doing the right thing, in the name of science and morality. In the end, University presidents in the Big10 and PAC12 had no choice.

But the University of Michigan, Purdue University, Stanford, Cal, Colorado are not the same as Alabama etc.

Which leads to Joe Biden in the White House. I know. I've been hearing it on this site for 4 months now.
If djt is in charge next year, the strategy will be to hope that a vaccine will work well enough for herd immunity. The question is whether enough people in COVID hotspots that intersect with big time college football will take a working vaccine for it to matter. No is -250.

If djt is in charge next year, the strategy will be to hope that a vaccine will work well enough for herd immunity. The question is whether enough people in COVID hotspots that intersect with big time college football will take a working vaccine for it to matter. No is -250.

And Joe Biden's plan is.........what?

I think the liability thing is over-blown. I'd think waivers could be signed where kids decide on their own. Many decided on their own to go to bars and parties.

It's a bad look for a top Academic Institution to choose $$$ over doing the right thing, in the name of science and morality. In the end, University presidents in the Big10 and PAC12 had no choice.

But the University of Michigan, Purdue University, Stanford, Cal, Colorado are not the same as Alabama etc.
Nope. This is already covered way earlier in this thread and throughout. Waivers signed by players won’t work because parents could still sue and scope of long term health threat is still unknown. Without strict guidelines that are followed and documented created by the states/feds for schools to follow, there’s no chance a waiver system will disclaim school liability.

@Buffalumni is right. This is all about liability, and that's nothing more than a fancy way of saying its all about money. That's what I've been saying. If those concerns weren't there, it'd be full steam ahead. Hopefully the other three conferences do this as well.
You are only concerned about liability if you are concerned it isn’t safe. JFC some people.

BB is playable.

A lot of kid's lives have changed a lot today. What do you do if you're a 3-star HS senior; keep dreaming or get on with life?

In other words, to say, “this isn’t about safety, it’s about LIABILITY” makes no f*cking sense.

I wish I could live in your fantasy world.

There isn’t a college in the US that if they were told, “you can’t be sued,” wouldn’t suit up for dollars.

You’re right though 😉 the colleges that don’t care about their students and only use them for monetary gain now are willing to give up millions upon millions of dollars for “safety.”

I love you people, flip, flop, flip, flop.

Good decision, safety should be the priority. Hopefully they can resolve the testing issues before January. Play the regular Pac 12 schedule and then the championship game. Season should be wrapped up late March. The team can take the summer off and come back for training camp mid July.

Good decision, safety should be the priority. Hopefully they can resolve the testing issues before January. Play the regular Pac 12 schedule and then the championship game. Season should be wrapped up late March. The team can take the summer off and come back for training camp mid July.
My guess is a Spring season would start in the Spring

I guess if there is a silver lining to this, the Schools and Conferences themselves now understand that you can't just wish this away. Multiple plans need to be created that can be changed if needed for a spring season. If anything has shown us with this virus, is this is extremely fluid and what is happening this week will be completely different next week. For there to be any chance at a season in the spring, they need to be fully ready with just about every plan. That's what leaders do.

I guess if there is a silver lining to this, the Schools and Conferences themselves now understand that you can't just wish this away. Multiple plans need to be created that can be changed if needed for a spring season. If anything has shown us with this virus, is this is extremely fluid and what is happening this week will be completely different next week. For there to be any chance at a season in the spring, they need to be fully ready with just about every plan. That's what leaders do.
The PAC 12 and BIG should already be looking at ways to do some kind of bubble situation in the Spring. Find a central location and start thinking about how 26 programs can live, do online classes, practice and play (13 games/week) in a highly regulated environment.

Honestly, Denver would present an interesting option. Mile High, Folsom, CSU stadium and Air Force stadium. Two games at each on Saturday and two at each on Sunday each weekend. Find local high schools, the 3 colleges (maybe even Wyoming) and Dove Valley for practices and workouts. BIG can stay in Denver/Highlands Ranch area, PAC 12 can stay in Boulder/Fort Collins area. Limited travel by bus, quarantined hotel environment.

Profit

Alright I’m out till the spring. I heard you can contract the virus through your cellphone through the internet. Need to go dump this thing in some Lysol and be careful. Be safe and vigilant out there, hopefully none of you die and don’t forget to wear your face masks why you’re driving alone. I heard trees can carry the virus along for great distances. Kind of like that “the happening” move where the trees killed everyone, scary stuff.

Go Buffs!

Alright I’m out till the spring. I heard you can contract the virus through your cellphone through the internet. Need to go dump this thing in some Lysol and be careful. Be safe and vigilant out there, hopefully none of you die and don’t forget to wear your face masks why you’re driving alone. I heard trees can carry the virus along for great distances. Kind of like that “the happening” move where the trees killed everyone, scary stuff.

Go Buffs!

With posts like this one, you will be missed.

Back