What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I wish I could live in your fantasy world.

There isn’t a college in the US that if they were told, “you can’t be sued,” wouldn’t suit up for dollars.

You’re right though 😉 the colleges that don’t care about their students and only use them for monetary gain now are willing to give up millions upon millions of dollars for “safety.”

I love you people, flip, flop, flip, flop.
:unsure: This is true. I mean it's not like the Ivy League decided to de-emphasize athletics after winning 20 national championships in 25 years, right.

:unsure: This is true. I mean it's not like the Ivy League decided to de-emphasize athletics after winning 20 national championships in 25 years, right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA🤣🤣🤣🤣 THE IVY LEAGUE?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They don’t need money, they’re funded by millionaires and billionaires. The Ivy League, lmfao, what a comeback. 😂

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA🤣🤣🤣🤣 THE IVY LEAGUE?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They don’t need money, they’re funded by millionaires and billionaires. The Ivy League, lmfao, what a comeback. 😂

Wait, so according to you the Ivy League forfeited it's position as the most important CFB conference because they have big endowments? Tell me more, super genius.

Wait, so according to you the Ivy League forfeited it's position as the most important CFB conference because they have big endowments? Tell me more, super genius.

Are we talking about 2020 or 1954? Snap back to reality. Whatever misguided, nonsense bull**** you’re trying to pull of out of your ass, just stop lol. I’ll tell you what, I believe it’s due to liability, if colleges could play lawsuit free, they would.

If you believe they truly care about athletes (after spending a week chastising them for their lack of caring for their students 😂) the burden of proof is on you to prove my opinion wrong. So please, enlighten us all on how the Ivy League formation proves anything in 2020 and how you now believe colleges are loving, caring institutions looking out for their students. just remember this makes everything you said in the other thread complete and utter bull****.

Are we talking about 2020 or 1954? Snap back to reality. Whatever misguided, nonsense bull**** you’re trying to pull of out of your ass, just stop lol. I’ll tell you what, I believe it’s due to liability, if colleges could play lawsuit free, they would.

If you believe they truly care about athletes (after spending a week chastising them for their lack of caring for their students 😂) the burden of proof is on you to prove my opinion wrong. So please, enlighten us all on how the Ivy League formation proves anything in 2020 and how you now believe colleges are loving, caring institutions looking out for their students. just remember this makes everything you said in the other thread complete and utter bull****.
I should've known better than to try to use analogy, you are obviously too thick to understand.

You offer no support for your opinion, yet challenge me to disprove it. This is nonsensical. Most people are able to support their opinions with evidence, not just state bull**** and then say everyone else has to disprove it. I'll give you an example: It's my opinion that you enjoy sex with barnyard animals. The burden of proof is on you to prove my opinion wrong.

They’re not going to be in class. My sister just got two more classes at CU to adjunct for the fall. ONLINE.
Most classes are blended live/online. The provost has been clear around his expectation to meet live. However, to satisfy classroom density requirements, it can't be fully live.

The students will make poor choices (as I see on the Hill every day) and COVID will spread. Is that different than playing sports and spreading it? I don't know. However, ignoring that athletes (who appear to have a higher risk of spreading COVID based on their proximity to one another) will spread COVID to broader student populations is largely missing the point.

Second paragraph is not aimed at you.

We can now formalize the Pac12 as a second tier enterprise. A mere formality since the conference hasn’t been competitive in football for a decade anyways. If the other three conferences play football, big mistake for CU.

I should've known better than to try to use analogy, you are obviously too thick to understand.

You offer no support for your opinion, yet challenge me to disprove it. This is nonsensical. Most people are able to support their opinions with evidence, not just state bull**** and then say everyone else has to disprove it. I'll give you an example: It's my opinion that you enjoy sex with barnyard animals. The burden of proof is on you to prove my opinion wrong.

So your point is you can’t prove my point wrong or prove your point right? Just trying to be clear what your motive is here.

We can now formalize the Pac12 as a second tier enterprise. A mere formality since the conference hasn’t been competitive in football for a decade anyways. If the other three conferences play football, big mistake for CU.
Not totally in disagreement but what about the Big 10 ? Are they now a second tier enterprise too?
For me my main issue is that I think the PAC 12 could have waited another two to three weeks to see where things are going. Today to me seems a little premature.

Not totally in disagreement but what about the Big 10 ? Are they now a second tier enterprise too?
For me my main issue is that I think the PAC 12 could have waited another two to three weeks to see where things are going. Today to me seems a little premature.
Yeah that seems like the only real misstep here. Come out with those issues, say this is where things need to be for us to start practices and if that doesn’t happen then keep postponing.

If the other three manage to pull it off without mass outbreaks, you're right.

Feels like we need to plan for a 7 team North Bubble and a 7 team South Bubble setup by Jan 1st and play the 6 games against the Divisions to determine a North and South Champion, then have a Championship Game and possibly some other matchup games like 2v2 and 3v3 and so on.

North Bubble in ???
South Bubble in Las Vegas

Each other conference could do 7 games minimum and to help decide a playoff bubble.

Feels like we need to plan for a 7 team North Bubble and a 7 team South Bubble setup by Jan 1st and play the 6 games against the Divisions to determine a North and South Champion, then have a Championship Game and possibly some other matchup games like 2v2 and 3v3 and so on.

North Bubble in ???
South Bubble in Las Vegas

Each other conference could do 7 games minimum and to help decide a playoff bubble.
Who are these extra two teams you’ve just added to the PAC 12?

I think this might do it for me and CU FB. I will see if I can find something less frustrating to follow in the fall.

My guess is a Spring season would start in the Spring

I don't think that will work. They need to start the season at the end of January at the latest. Players need a break in the summer. What they need to do is get the same rapid testing the Broncos are using in place. Antigen testing that is done daily. it cost like a buck each. Not as accurate but it is good for volume testing.

Back