What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

Yeah. Why wouldn't you play a team that is a win 80% of the time and get a big financial boost from it? Other than someone's hatred for CSU, it doesn't make any sense.
CU’s non conference schedule should be G5/FCS, G5/Middling P5, upper tier P5, and one of the G5 games should be a 2/1 CSU on campuses a lot of the time because that’s a big money maker. I’ve never understood the idea of completely killing the CSU series. It’s just stupid

Compare the gate dollars when we play CSU to when we play Central Arkansas (and have to pay them to show up). Plus only one FCS victory counts toward bowl eligibility.

We still need an extended break from the goats IMO. That game doesn't need to happen period for a couple decades. If we're gonna play G5s, let's go play people like Houston, Tulane, and SMU........schools in areas that are more of a priority for us.

We still need an extended break from the goats IMO. That game doesn't need to happen period for a couple decades. If we're gonna play G5s, let's go play people like Houston, Tulane, and SMU........schools in areas that are more of a priority for us.
I don’t think we need to play them every year but also don’t think a couple decades is the right move either. A 2/1 that spans 4-5 seasons seems about right to me

I don’t think we need to play them every year but also don’t think a couple decades is the right move either. A 2/1 that spans 4-5 seasons seems about right to me
I would have no issue with a 2/1 each decade or even three times in two decades. That would mean we are playing them just a little less than 50% of the time with 6 in Boulder and 3 in Ft. Fun.

They have been very consistent though that they are not interested in doing 2 for 1s with anyone. They think they are our equal and deserve equal home games and billing (even though for most of our games with them in Denver the splits have not been equal.)

That schedule would be very concerning to them because they know that games against CU give them about their only chance to sell out their stadium out of conference and they want more than three chances in 20 years.

We don't owe them though and frankly there are other opponents who we can play that cost us much less and result in making as much or more money without putting up with their crap.

I would have no issue with a 2/1 each decade or even three times in two decades. That would mean we are playing them just a little less than 50% of the time with 6 in Boulder and 3 in Ft. Fun.

They have been very consistent though that they are not interested in doing 2 for 1s with anyone. They think they are our equal and deserve equal home games and billing (even though for most of our games with them in Denver the splits have not been equal.)

That schedule would be very concerning to them because they know that games against CU give them about their only chance to sell out their stadium out of conference and they want more than three chances in 20 years.

We don't owe them though and frankly there are other opponents who we can play that cost us much less and result in making as much or more money without putting up with their crap.
As much as we give CSU their only chance to sell out, CSU in Boulder would likely be one of only 2 or 3 sellouts in a given season at Folsom, and no other G5 team would garner that, save for someone like UCF or Boise State and we would be stupid to schedule them.

Also, the landscape of CFB and CSU as a program on the field and off is getting to a point where they may not have a choice but to accept whatever terms CU presents if they want to resume a series on a regular basis.

As much as we give CSU their only chance to sell out, CSU in Boulder would likely be one of only 2 or 3 sellouts in a given season at Folsom, and no other G5 team would garner that, save for someone like UCF or Boise State and we would be stupid to schedule them.

Also, the landscape of CFB and CSU as a program on the field and off is getting to a point where they may not have a choice but to accept whatever terms CU presents if they want to resume a series on a regular basis.
Huge difference though.

We bring in an FCS team and still sell 38,000 seats. It cost us $250,000 and we make a bunch of money. They bring in an SEC team (Arky) or a B1G team (Minnesota) and still don't sell out. They also will get one or more likely two loses out of the deal on the home and home and usually when a G5 does a one for one with a P5 there are further financial compromises.

Bottom line is that they need us a lot more than we need them. And there are times when a school like CU will make more money (and pad their record easier) playing a game that doesn't sell out but let's them keep much more of the revenue.

As a P5 program CU can also schedule home and homes with other P5 programs without having to throw extra in or taking uneven splits.

CSU as a fanbase needs a reality check. They can't get relevant Power 5 programs outside of us to play them in Denver, much less up there. Outside of 23-24, they have a 2 and 2 with Vanderbilt which was supposed to start this year (the worst football program in the SEC), Arizona (picked dead last in the Pac 12 south this year), Texas Tech (Lubbock isn't real high on the list of places I want to spend a fall weekend-I can't speak for the rest of you), and Washington State (home of the smallest stadium in the Power 5).

Where I'd differ with you TSchek is this-If we are consistently good, our attendance is not an issue. Look at 2016-CU competed with the last Bronco team to finish over .500 and nearly sold out the Washington State game that year and did sell out Utah that year.

Last edited:
CSU as a fanbase needs a reality check. They can't get relevant Power 5 programs outside of us to play them in Denver, much less up there. Outside of 23-24, they have a 2 and 2 with Vanderbilt which was supposed to start this year (the worst football program in the SEC), Arizona (picked dead last in the Pac 12 south this year), Texas Tech (Lubbock isn't real high on the list of places I want to spend a fall weekend-I can't speak for the rest of you), and Washington State (home of the smallest stadium in the Power 5).
Oh, I see where the disconnect is here... You think CU is a relevant Power 5 program that is above the likes of Vanderbilt, Arizona, Texas Tech and Washington State. As much as I laugh at CSU fan for their delusion, I also tend to laugh at some CU fans for their delusion.

Oh, I see where the disconnect is here... You think CU is a relevant Power 5 program that is above the likes of Vanderbilt, Arizona, Texas Tech and Washington State. As much as I laugh at CSU fan for their delusion, I also tend to laugh at some CU fans for their delusion.

You're the one arguing we should be playing CSU consistently. I'll drop my delusions when you raise your expectations.

Lol I said it’s a money making body bag game at this point that should be played on a 2/1 basis across 4-5 seasons. Those are my expectations.

Now you're all over the place. Let me make more point very, very clear-If we're playing CSU, its Boulder or not at all. No Denver and **** no on Fort Collins. If they're not willing to do that, Wyoming (we haven't played in Laramie in almost 75 years) definitely will, and I'd bet New Mexico would too.

Now you're all over the place. Let me make more point very, very clear-If we're playing CSU, its Boulder or not at all. No Denver and **** no on Fort Collins. If they're not willing to do that, Wyoming (we haven't played in Laramie in almost 75 years) definitely will, and I'd bet New Mexico would too.
And CU will sell half the amount of tickets to those games, which is the point you continue to miss. It’s the ONLY money making, “body bag” game CU can schedule.

And CU will sell half the amount of tickets to those games, which is the point you continue to miss. It’s the ONLY money making, “body bag” game CU can schedule.

Why are you so insistent on "body bag" games that make money, Mike Bohn? Let me use two upcoming OOCs

Northern Colorado
Texas A&M (this game could sell out even if its in Denver)
Minnesota

Colgate
Northwestern
Kansas State

If the Power 5 games in those years are sellouts or close to them, who gives a **** about the bodybag opponent? The tougher schedules RG has set for us are a good thing.

Why are you so insistent on "body bag" games that make money? Let me use two upcoming OOCs

Northern Colorado
Texas A&M (this game could sell out even if its in Denver)
Minnesota

Colgate
Northwestern
Kansas State

If the Power 5 games in those years are sellouts or close to them, who gives a **** about the bodybag opponent?
Because more money and similar win likelihood? Next years schedule is pretty good, no issue. 2027? Meh. CSU in Boulder would likely outsell both NW and KSU, unless those programs are ranked in 7 years, and CSU would be a much higher chance of getting a W

Because more money and similar win likelihood? Next years schedule is pretty good, no issue. 2027? Meh. CSU in Boulder would likely outsell both NW and KSU, unless those programs are ranked in 7 years, and CSU would be a much higher chance of getting a W

Meh. we make up whatever we'd lose by skipping the sheep in TV exposure.

Ram nation in meltdown mode. Must have been bad. Scoreboard doesn’t look too bad I suppose

Ram nation in meltdown mode. Must have been bad. Scoreboard doesn’t look too bad I suppose

Some of my favorite threads:

• Anybody have a list of potential replacements for the DUD?
  • What's Adudzio's buyout? Can we still terminate him for racism?
  • This was by far the worst team on the schedule, god help us all!
  • =====|F' U Urban|=====
  • Bring Bobo back
  • We were favored? WTF?

Back