What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 NCAA Tourney 2nd round game thread- #5 seed Men's bball scheduled to face #4 seed Florida State (Indianapolis, Monday, 3/22, 5:45 PM MT, TBS)

It is what it is.

FWIW, I think most of us here would have much rather faced Iowa or KU than FSU.

This is a tough day for everybody with connections to Boulder and CU. I'm not gonna blame it on the shooting-That's not what Tad or any of these players would do, so I think we as Buff Nation should stop with that. On Florida State-Thats a really good team, and the best one we've probably seen all year. Doesn't always look pretty-but they've found a way to thrive. They're the only program in the ACC that can point to three straight Sweet 16s. That's impressive-especially when you consider they're seeing Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Louisville, and Syracuse 1-2 times a season. Hamilton's a HoFer. Scottie Barnes is a first round big. Polite kicked our ass. Koprivica's one of the better bigs I've seen-he's not Tim Duncan, but they don't ask him to be.

RG needs to make sure to get Kin to a game next year so he can be honored in the way he deserves. That young man is a ****ing warrior-to have his junior season end with the NCAA cancellation and have to have an entire season in front of nobody...........and take pain shots every game? Retire his number.

Concerns of players or other school families involved?
I think it opens a Pandora Box. Imagine if UCLA and USC postponed games whenever there was a multiple homicide in LA; or Tulane in New Orleans; or if Richmond and ODU did so every time there was in Richmond; DePaul and Northwestern would rarely play games being based in Chicago.

do you draw a line at the number of victims? how much of an outlier the tragedy is for a given area?

Given that the event didn't happen on campus and (at least as far as we knew at the time) didn't involve current players or students, I think the right decision was made here to play the game.

I don't know how or when the team found out but, a friend of mine was at the game in Indy last night and didn't know about the shooting until after the game, so I'm wondering if the team found out after as well.

Hamilton is a very good basketball coach. He gets his kids to play defense and that team was ridiculously long and athletic (which caught us off guard and what we thought were routine passes ended up in tipped balls). We're in good shape. Better players coming in. Key had a great game. I could nitpick about players not wanting to take shots when they were there. Whatever. Good days are ahead.

It took Hamilton 9 years at FSU to reach the sweet sixteen. There's a lot to be said for sticking with a coach while he puts together and tweeks his program to reach consistent success.

1616508590243.png

Whatever it was, there was something wrong with Kin last night. I haven't seen a replay, but with about 7:30 left, he is standing pretty still for a few seconds, no pressure and he loses coordination/timing on a dribble, and has to recover. Never seen that from him.

I was peeved at Tad last night and feeling emotional about the shooting, but waking up this AM feeling nothing but gratitude for having this team be a bright spot in an otherwise tough year.

I do hope to see Tad gain a little bit more edge as a coach, so we don't run into walls with matchups like Pitt or FSU in the tourney...but the dude took complete accountability, complete, and that's more than 90% of other teams can ever say about their coaches following a deflating loss. CU Buffs bball will continue to be the only sports team I really give a damn about.

I think it opens a Pandora Box. Imagine if UCLA and USC postponed games whenever there was a multiple homicide in LA; or Tulane in New Orleans; or if Richmond and ODU did so every time there was in Richmond; DePaul and Northwestern would rarely play games being based in Chicago.

do you draw a line at the number of victims? how much of an outlier the tragedy is for a given area?

Given that the event didn't happen on campus and (at least as far as we knew at the time) didn't involve current players or students, I think the right decision was made here to play the game.
They know all of the Victims names this morning, so at least they can spend 24 hours making sure these are not anyone's friends or relatives.

If the players found out about it last night a few hours before the game, it is a tough thing to absorb. The Bucks chose not to play an NBA game after George Floyd and other instances.

A one-day postponement to tonight would have potentially been the right thing to do, and could have brought more light to the situation.

I was worried about this matchup filling out brackets because I've seen them quite a bit this year. They are long, athletic and gave us problems just about everywhere. Tough way to go out, still proud of those guys. Hopefully, it laid the foundation going forward.

Two things:

One: If this is our ceiling, I’m ok with that. There are a lot of schools who would absolutely love to lose in the second round of the NCAA tournament. We are a legit top 25 team right now and that’s pretty lofty status.
Two: I don’t believe this is our ceiling.

Two things:

One: If this is our ceiling, I’m ok with that. There are a lot of schools who would absolutely love to lose in the second round of the NCAA tournament. We are a legit top 25 team right now and that’s pretty lofty status.
I'm happy with this season.

Not happy with it as a ceiling

1616521196996.png

Two things:

Even if it is our ceiling, so much of the tournament is about the matchups, and upsets that happen within the region. If we were in one of the other regions, I'm very confident we'd still be playing this weekend.

West- 1st round: UCSB
2nd round: Ohio

South- 1st round: Winthrop
2nd round: North Texas

Midwest- 1st round: Oregon St (couldn't have happened, so just assume Georgetown)
2nd round: Oklahoma St

Back