What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Transfer Portal

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

I thought that if you declared for the draft your eligibility ended. Is that different this year? Or is that just football.

I thought that if you declared for the draft your eligibility ended. Is that different this year? Or is that just football.
Been like that for a while. You declare, get evaluated, the NBA gives you a draft grade, and then you have a deadline to back out of the draft.

No, you can hire an agent now too. Agent has to be "NCAA certified". Whatever the hell that means.
Pretty sure it is that the agent agrees to abide by NCAA eligibility rules, so no fronting money to the player or providing any other compensation. Pretty much they can act as a go between for players and teams as part of the players evaluation by those teams. Agent can also advise client as to his options and help the client make the decision to enter the draft or go back to school.

If Adam’s Buff Stampede article about Tad being interested in ‘21 big is true:
- Harold Yu, 7’3/260 pounds is interesting?
- My fav to watch develop the last year has been Chuks Isitua, great up-tempo CU fit.
- Deiman Reyes tough & strong rebounder.
- Nate Tshimanga or Kuluel Mading may replicate too much of Jabari’s game?
- Wonder if CU actually interested in big transfer here? Filip Rebraca reported to have CU contact. Great O fit, makes sense to sit 1 year, then replace Battey 1 year?

- My fav to watch develop the last year has been Chuks Isitua, great up-tempo CU fit.
- Wonder if CU actually interested in big transfer here? Filip Rebraca reported to have CU contact. Great O fit, makes sense to sit 1 year, then replace Battey 1 year?
I dont think anyone has to sit anymore

Going after Yu to get the inside track on Bronny James, am I right 😉

I dont think anyone has to sit anymore
Re article above: Adams says Tad has '21 big willing to sit 1 year, as we really don't need another big until Battey leaves after next year. But I wonder if Tad looking at transfer big vs. '21 recruit? Ie: Rebraca has to leave N Dakota, because they only have his graduate degree on-line, and he needs in-person classes per international exchange rules. So, since schools have to pay for 2 years post-grad now (even if they only play 1 post-grad yr), Tad could ask him to sit 1 year/play 1 year (vs play 2).

Going after Yu to get the inside track on Bronny James, am I right 😉
Yu good in his own right, lost 40 pounds recently, has 3 point-shot, his parents in China both big- so he's had ball in his hands since child. But I may like speed vs size.

We looked to be the fav for Faulkner, but Baylor contacted him the day after their ‘ship so he’s delaying. Other news didn’t stick out really, imo.

I still Luv transfers/ '21 guards that CU has supposedly talked to:
-Senior Mason Faulkner seems to still be top target. He has the experience, scoring, D, Rbding, and passing that Tad seems to be after with 1 more guard for depth.
-My fav guard may b Bryce Thompson, CU was 1 of his finalist's-like KJ Simpson & Tamar Bates(who r also available now)- but Bryce's intangibles seem to make for a special fit with this team+ elite ability to break-down D & shooting that Tad needs. KJ & Tamar have some strengths there also, w/ more of their special qualities on D.
-But Luv 2 sophomores also:1) Darrion Trammel, smaller (5'10), but he is a walking bucket. 2) DJ Horne may be best long-term fit w/ Kee? w/ similar uptempo style.
-Really Luv for Adama Bal to come to CU, even if we get 1 point guard now, he is a long combo guard w/ NBA potential, great fit w/ roster full of potential future pros!

I understand Tad's interest in adding a big. We did struggle protecting the paint and weren't a great rebounding team this past season.

But I like what we have in the front court. I'd much rather see some big, long guards/wings who can shoot & defend. That's how FSU overwhelmed us and was also the national championship formula.

It seems Tad is pursuing a wing in the transfer portal. At least that's what he's stated. If he uses the second scholarship, it seems that a transfer big would help with depth as well. Think about how the difference made this season with Walton, Battey, Walker, da Silva and Horne each getting time at the 4/5 to some extent and the difference it made.

As for wings, how about Allen, da Silva, O'Brien and Clifford? Of course Parquet will start. Looks like Javon Ruffin won't be healthy until sometime later in the fall.

Yes! Faulkner seems like great team-first fit! Gives Kee and Julian a year before taking over full-time point guard duties?

With Luke, Julian, & Drew Carter (I believe he’s got the drive to play both sports) all having shot 50% from 3 in high school, it may be hard to keep them on bench long.

Adama Bal at 6’6 w/ 6’11 length still could add the size & length CU may b lacking.
Or, the fact Tad went so strong after ‘22 6’7 Gradey Dick, makes me think he’ll keep chasing another big ‘22 guard/wing?

Back