What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Transfer Portal

He likes to drive, finishes too.
Spider Man Reaction GIF

Captain Faulken for early nickname potential? And anytime he finishes and and one, the announcer goes Faulken Haaaaa

If Adam’s Buff Stampede article about Tad being interested in ‘21 big is true:
- Harold Yu, 7’3/260 pounds is interesting?
- My fav to watch develop the last year has been Chuks Isitua, great up-tempo CU fit.
- Deiman Reyes tough & strong rebounder.
- Nate Tshimanga or Kuluel Mading may replicate too much of Jabari’s game?
-Wonder if CU actually interested in big transfer here? Filip Rebraca reported to have CU contact. Great O fit, may make sense to sit 1 year, then replace Battey for 1 year?
My new 2 favs, if Tad does use last spot for '21 big vs holding spot for '21 Adama Bal &/or '22 wing (Luv Wisconsin's Steven Clay- 6'7 3&D combo guard, plus length):

-David Okwera, if Tad wants versatile big/wing that can bring it up the court/pass like 6'11 point-forward. Luv D & complete game, needs to add weight, high ceiling.

-Kenny Pohto may be most likely target '21 big target? Luv fit for elite front-court! Released from Minnesota commitment after Pitino left. Shocking how little recruiting interest the 6'11 F/C w/ plus length has had. May help w/ recruiting fellow Swede '22 6'8 guard/ wing Bobi Klintman? Both at Kansas' Sunrise Christian Prep next year.

I like his attitude. Sounds like he has much respect for McKinley. Agree he is not Kin but appears to have a similar style and attributes.
A couple highlights against Florida State on there, but it was from his Junior season, not last year.

21 points, 7 assists, 3 TOV, 4 Reb in that game

Lightly used 6'5"-6'7" G/SF as a freshman at Texas A&M (from Ada, Oklahoma), but was a 4 star recruit out of high school. (Assume he may still be a young player, as the Aggie's roster page for him said he was originally a top 50 ranked recruit for 2021.)

Lightly used 6'5"-6'7" G/SF as a freshman at Texas A&M (from Ada, Oklahoma), but was a 4 star recruit out of high school. (Assume he may still be a young player, as the Aggie's roster page for him said he was originally a top 50 ranked recruit for 2021.)

I'm very intrigued. Physically, he can make an impact just as a perimeter defender and we know he'd develop that at CU. But his game has potential far beyond that.

My only hesitation is that aTm was really bad, so I wonder. But there's a likelihood that there are program issues and a lack of team leadership because teams that have those things in place don't suck. Hopefully that's why he wanted out.

Issac Jessup and Owen Koonce showing in the transfer portal here

Good for both of them.

Both are very good basketball players who can help some other teams but with the kind of talent that Tad is bringing in they aren't going to play much here. I expect that both came in with the idea of showing what they could do and earning a scholarship but once they got here they saw that wasn't likely.

Both though seem to be well liked by their teammates and their coaches. Hopefully they land someplace where they can contribute to a winner and have a great experience while getting school paid for.

Having spent a year practicing with Tad and against PAC level players will make it easier for them to jump right in wherever they go.

With this big a list, who knows HOW MUCH interest from and for the Buffs, but a 6'7" F from LSU who looks to have just entered the portal 5 or so days ago (or at least that's when it was publicized). (Although not a big stat guy for LSU (averaged 3.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in 16 minutes per game last season), sounds like he was a valuable defensive stopper for the Tigers per one of the articles below. Note - With all the changes lately to transfer rules, don't know whether he'd be immediately able to play since he's already transferred once before (he started at Georgetown)?)

LSU roster page - https://lsusports.net/sports/mens-basketball/roster/josh-leblanc-sr-/24518

Article from an LSU-centric page on his entering the portal - https://www.si.com/college/lsu/basketball/josh-leblanc-lsu-enters-transfer-portal

Article from a Georgetown-centric page that includes some on him (and a few other ex-Hoyas) transferring for a 2nd time - https://www.casualhoya.com/2021/6/2...-james-akinjo-joining-baylor-georgetown-ewing

With this big a list, who knows HOW MUCH interest from and for the Buffs, but a 6'7" F from LSU who looks to have just entered the portal 5 or so days ago (or at least that's when it was publicized). (Although not a big stat guy for LSU (averaged 3.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in 16 minutes per game last season), sounds like he was a valuable defensive stopper for the Tigers per one of the articles below. Note - With all the changes lately to transfer rules, don't know whether he'd be immediately able to play since he's already transferred once before (he started at Georgetown)?)

LSU roster page - https://lsusports.net/sports/mens-basketball/roster/josh-leblanc-sr-/24518

Article from an LSU-centric page on his entering the portal - https://www.si.com/college/lsu/basketball/josh-leblanc-lsu-enters-transfer-portal

Article from a Georgetown-centric page that includes some on him (and a few other ex-Hoyas) transferring for a 2nd time - https://www.casualhoya.com/2021/6/2...-james-akinjo-joining-baylor-georgetown-ewing

Josh Leblanc signed with UAB pretty quickly. Interesting that Tad contacted elite D/Rbding/Energy guy. A junior would also create space to sign a '23 big..

Kevin O'Banor withdrew from the draft, but seemingly made it clear he's going to transfer to a major conference program. I have to say I'd kill for him.

For anyone who doesn't remember, 6'8" forward from Oral Robert's who shoots nearly 50% from 3 and is also outstanding inside.
Welp, that’s one way to fire Tad.

Does CU have any scholarships available for the '21-'22 season? I thought they were full at this point.

Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right fit. Wish him well there.
He would be averaging that here wouldn't he? I am happy for him, experiences are valuable in life, but he would be a solid starter here, but he would be taking up minutes from Da Silva right?

He would be averaging that here wouldn't he? I am happy for him, experiences are valuable in life, but he would be a solid starter here, but he would be taking up minutes from Da Silva right?
It's also about short term value versus long term. If D'Shawn played with us this year does he add 1-3 wins for us? Is that worth the lack of playing time/development/ possible transfer of a player like Clifford? Obvious answer is no because we will have Clifford next year and if he makes a similar jump that will be scary. Tad also told recruits these players were leaving pre covid year not counting thing.

Super happy to see all the former Buffs thriving at their new (or in Horne's case, return to) home. In the case of Schwartz, he's in an ideal situation with a coach who already knows him and relies on him to be a senior leader on a team that's gone through a fair amount of change over the last two seasons. Their schedule has also been cupcake soft so far.

All this to say, Tad didn't make any mistakes with the grad transfers we lost and we can all root for these Buffs with a clear conscience.

Just checked on Dallas Walton at Wake Forest:

Loved Dallas, but I think Lovering has (much) better present and future impact, especially rebounding and defense.

Back