What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

I've never seen a red ass. Well, maybe after a spanking. How did you meet him, again?
Football camp TCU hosted, my brother coaches down there and took about 10 players from his school. He was in Ballinger at that time. It's a small town. You know what I meant by red ass and it had nothing to do with his ass. Dude was awful. Matter of fact, I counted 10 kids that up and left, might have been more than that I didn't see.

NIL is not going to be the only consideration for recruits. The top kids are still dreaming of NFL futures and more.

Beyond that Nebraska is in the B1G. Yes they have dedicated fans who donate a lot of money.

Which of the following schools is Nebraska going to clearly beat in terms of NIL for players
Ohio State,
Michigan,
Penn State,
Michigan State,
Wisconsin,
USC,
UCLA,

Maybe Iowa and Maryland but the list above is not going to take a back seat to the huskers in terms of spending money.

This all means that the best Nebraska can hope for would be a 7-8 win season and a mediocre bowl. Are the fans going to be happy with that on a regular basis

Nebraska is second or third on that list.
1. OSU
2. Neb/PSU tie
3. USC
…..the rest

Nebraska is second or third on that list.
1. OSU
2. Neb/PSU tie
3. USC
…..the rest
Don't think so,

There are only so many tractor dealers and seed distributors in Nebraska to open their wallets.

Nebraska fans are fanatical but this isn't Kansas and Iowa State they are spending against.

Don't think so,

There are only so many tractor dealers and seed distributors in Nebraska to open their wallets.

Nebraska fans are fanatical but this isn't Kansas and Iowa State they are spending against.
You vastly underestimate the amount of wealth in Nebraska. It is crazy how much money there is and they are ALL fanatical Nebraska fans.

On top of that they don’t spend their money on anything else.

You vastly underestimate the amount of wealth in Nebraska. It is crazy how much money there is and they are ALL fanatical Nebraska fans.

No question they are fanatical but they are not ahead of either Michigan School, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, and others.

No question they are fanatical but they are not ahead of either Michigan School, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, and others.

IMHO they are ahead of of WIscy, and MSU. Pedo U is a toss up and behind OSU. Way ahead of the rest of the BIG in term of what they will spend on NIL. (Just my opinion, we will see)

It’s true. Nebraska - well, Omaha…possibly Lincoln - seems like a corporation friendly state. Tons of rich people for as humble and conservative (midwestern nice?) as they want to project this place as. Still, not much to do to draw and keep people here for any amount of time.

Husker fandom is a year-round thing for the locals, and the uncommon transplants looking to survive. When it’s the only real game in town, the hard earned local money - left over from the numerous taxes and fees the state, counties, and cities charge - goes to the one non-consumable thing that brings joy to those people.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the entire reason Mora Jr wasn't even a consideration is that his UCLA team trashed our visitor's locker room and he wasn't apologetic about it.
His UCLA teams were complete garbage. Why are we having this discussion? Because he would have been better than KD? Yeah, pretty much anyone would have been.

This actually isn't a bad year to have to do this-less competition. Real quick run through of the p5 and possible firings:

Pac 12: ASU's already open. Only other possibilities IMO are here and UCLA.
ACC; Satterfield's probably done at Louisville. BC's sputtering. Collins' seat is hot at GT. I wouldn't rule out FSU and Syracuse making moves if those two collapse in conference play. Can't see anything else.
SEC: Auburn will open. I can't see anything else this year down there.
Big 10: Nubs are searching. Purdue's possible. Does NW move on from Fitzgerald? I doubt it, but I wonder if it might be time for that marriage to end.
Big 12: West Virginia?

This actually isn't a bad year to have to do this-less competition. Real quick run through of the p5 and possible firings:

Pac 12: ASU's already open. Only other possibilities IMO are here and UCLA.
ACC; Satterfield's probably done at Louisville. BC's sputtering. Collins' seat is hot at GT. I wouldn't rule out FSU and Syracuse making moves if those two collapse in conference play. Can't see anything else.
SEC: Auburn will open. I can't see anything else this year down there.
Big 10: Nubs are searching. Purdue's possible. Does NW move on from Fitzgerald? I doubt it, but I wonder if it might be time for that marriage to end.
Big 12: West Virginia?
With RG at the helm, the only competition necessary is for CU to compete against itself. Funny thing, they still manage to lose that one.

two paths to Buff redemption and neither seem likely:

1. Hire a diamond that everyone overlooked. Give him time and resources to build something and somehow pay him enough to retain him if he actually starts to succeed.
2. Hire an outlaw and ignore all the side effects and let him do his stuff until we have built up a program that can compete again.

we will again tell ourselves we are too good to go the second route and we will not land the first guy or if we do we won’t keep him. People forget we almost lost Mac at one point to smu. They had everything we couldn’t promise in terms of support.

two paths to Buff redemption and neither seem likely:

1. Hire a diamond that everyone overlooked. Give him time and resources to build something and somehow pay him enough to retain him if he actually starts to succeed.
2. Hire an outlaw and ignore all the side effects and let him do his stuff until we have built up a program that can compete again.

we will again tell ourselves we are too good to go the second route and we will not land the first guy or if we do we won’t keep him. People forget we almost lost Mac at one point to smu. They had everything we couldn’t promise in terms of support.
Number 2 is likely the best option in that scenario. More cases of success than in option 1. Where do I contribute to number 2?

Back