What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Only surprise is that they didn't wait another 3 weeks when the buyout goes down by a big number.

I predicted 3-9. I am having trouble finding TWO wins the rest of the way.

The decision will be pretty easy in the end.
Oh I had 4-8 because last year's team was this bad offensively and still went 3-6 in league.

This is an 0-12 team. I don't know who they beat.

Not sure how much time the guy at Notre Dame is going to get. It’s a bad time to have a downturn for an elite program like that. His pressers are low energy….

Last edited:
I can't believe he was worse than Mike Riley. Who is realistically the biggest name they could get? Not exactly a great destination or gig in general anymore.

I can't believe he was worse than Mike Riley. Who is realistically the biggest name they could get? Not exactly a great destination or gig in general anymore.
They will be able to get a very good coach. Being in a rich conference with boosters who only care about this college football team makes it a very attractive gig. A well known coach will get a minimum of $9-10 million.

It’s a B1G job. Every coach in the country wants one
Every B lister or C lister is going to be interested but the A list guys are going to avoid it.

It is a B1G job but it is also a career killer. They will have big resources but will still be way behind the teams that will continue to regularly beat up on them.

Is Nebraska going to compete with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, now USC, even Iowa?

The best they can hope for is a second level bowl and in most years there will be another few schools ahead of them.

Add to that the Nebraska "tradition." This means that whoever gets hired has to do things the Nebraska way, has to hire at least a couple assistants who are former players, has to honor the "traditions" and their way of doing things.

And for all of this every little mistake will be scrutinized, every move on and off the field will be reported, there is no privacy.

They were a B1G school when Frosty was hired, they were a B1G school when the coaches before Frosty were hired. If Frosty hadn't been a former husker he wouldn't have come. Look at their coaching searches prior, they quickly found themselves downgrading their ambitions.

Back