What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

So let's see, all 3 of these having very bad seasons:
Nebraska - coach fired
ASU - coach fired
GT - coach fired

Meanwhile at CU where things are currently far worse

Got it!

I'm gonna say it again. Hiring a coach while DiStefano is still here, but on his way out, would be a mistake. It would significantly limit the pool of applicants. How many of you would take job where your boss is getting replaced in a few months?

I understand that this is the worst CU football team since the ones that lost to Drake, but that doesn't mean you continue on the futility cycle by canning KD and hiring a new coach with the same old Chancellor. We all need to take the long view.
Then taking Phil out of play is on Saliman.

It really isn't that hard-Phil still does day to day stuff, but isn't involved in big strategic decisions.

Macintyre, Dorrell, and Mel all made the list
That Karl Dorrell “knows how to run an offense” is one of the great urban legends in college football. I think people confuse “has had a lot of jobs on the offensive side of the ball” with “knows how to run an offense”.

That Karl Dorrell “knows how to run an offense” is one of the great urban legends in college football. I think people confuse “has had a lot of jobs on the offensive side of the ball” with “knows how to run an offense”.
That’s the most apologetic write up on Dorrell I’ve ever read. “He knows offense”, “he was a strong assistant”, “a step back for a giant leap forward”.

Why is there this prevailing thought that in order to move forward in college football there almost has to be a giant step back first. The whole “he doesn’t have his recruits yet” narrative has prolonged the jobs/delayed the inevitable for countless coaches in this sport.

A good coach knows how to use whatever players he has and even if the roster is talent deficient, a we’ll coached team never looks like what we have seen for 4 straight weeks.

That’s the most apologetic write up on Dorrell I’ve ever read. “He knows offense”, “he was a strong assistant”, “a step back for a giant leap forward”.

Why is there this prevailing thought that in order to move forward in college football there almost has to be a giant step back first. The whole “he doesn’t have his recruits yet” narrative has prolonged the jobs/delayed the inevitable for countless coaches in this sport.

A good coach knows how to use whatever players he has and even if the roster is talent deficient, a we’ll coached team never looks like what we have seen for 4 straight weeks.
If he doesn't have his recruits in year 3, its because he has no ****ing idea whatsoever how to use the portal.

The transfer portal further erodes the “needs time to get his players in” narrative.

Ah damn I forgot we still need one of these. I bet Rick has one queued up for the bye week *if* (hahahahaha) we lose.

So bye week will be about player leadership emerging after said meeting. This alone probably pushes us back to ASU since Rick will see that as another chance for a PR breather

Ah damn I forgot we still need one of these. I bet Rick has one queued up for the bye week *if* (hahahahaha) we lose.

So bye week will be about player leadership emerging after said meeting. This alone probably pushes us back to ASU since Rick will see that as another chance for a PR breather

Shut your whore mouth. He's getting fired after we lose our 5th straight game by 25+ points to the traditional bottom feeding Pac 12 program.

Shut your whore mouth. He's getting fired after we lose our 5th straight game by 25+ points to the traditional bottom feeding Pac 12 program.
Rick to Yak
Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

Back