What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Season tickets up 50%..or at least mine were...for that garbage product.

Not renewing. Dorrell is a narcissist putz...and the AD had his chance to rid us of his ridiculous contract...with his camera incident...spoke with my nieces hubby...DC at NDSU...He said he would have been fired..

Hope I am wrong and eating crow...but this could be an epically bad product again...

Nate Landman and Devin Lloyd were both first team Pac 12 selections in their careers. Lloyd is going in the 1st round. Landman is a 2nd or 3rd round talent. Hopefully he can find the right spot, and get healthy, 10 days to spring ball. Will be checking out the QB, DB and OL competion.
Please show me any mock draft that has Landman in the second or third round.

Players do lose draft stock if there are medical concerns. That doesn't mean he is not a good player. Jonathan Cooper of the Broncos was a 7th round pick.

Players do lose draft stock if there are medical concerns. That doesn't mean he is not a good player. Jonathan Cooper of the Broncos was a 7th round pick.
So, where are there any mock drafts that put Landman in the 2nd or 3rd round? You keep claiming he’s a 2/3 round guy.

I cannot remember a time (maybe early 80's with the blue jersey's) when the expectations and fan support was so low approaching spring practice. WOW - how quickly the 2019 momentum and hype has dissolved

But he’s not 2/3 round talent, pre- or post-medical in anybody’s eyes but yours.

why are they all wrong and you are right?

But he’s not 2/3 round talent, pre- or post-medical in anybody’s eyes but yours.

why are they all wrong and you are right?

Because he has barely played in the last 2 years. They are wrong and I am right becaues I saw his leadership and tackling ability with my own two eyes. Also coaches agreed with me by naming him all pac 12 selection.

I think its been said before, but a good comp is Josey Jewell who has very similiar production and athleticism. Jewell was a fourth round pick without the injury history Landman has. They both lack freakish athleticism and speed you see from players who get drafted on day one or two.

I think its been said before, but a good comp is Josey Jewell who has very similiar production and athleticism. Jewell was a fourth round pick without the injury history Landman has. They both lack freakish athleticism and speed you see from players who get drafted on day one or two.
I was going with Zach Thomas. Great college player with limited physical skills who has great football instincts.

Similar speed, but the position has gotten faster since then.
Agreed. Would Zach Thomas be as successful in todays game as he was? No way to know, obviously. Guys like that tend to find a way on to the football field, though.

CU called again for the renewal. No answer for why they raised prices when the product sucks, but they did offer to move my seats to a lower priced section. Somehow paying less to watch a bad team from worse seats in the end zone is the solution.

Landman is more athletic than Jewell. But he does have to work on his pass coverage skils like every LB in the NFL.

I cannot remember a time (maybe early 80's with the blue jersey's) when the expectations and fan support was so low approaching spring practice. WOW - how quickly the 2019 momentum and hype has dissolved
I come to this site for a bit of escape. In years past, others have pointed out my pessimism. This grew to disdain and disinterest. I fear even the strongest supporters are falling away. I felt a spark with Tucker which was growing to a fire with his first class. That was put out with his departure. I want to love this product. I find myself watching Utah, Stanford and programs where kids I coached are now playing. I’m want a reason to watch CU.

Yeah, sadly I am super pumped that I have another team that I am attached to to root for now. I’ve got all the gear, I carve out time in my day to watch their games/meets/matches. And this particular team wins more often than it loses…which is nice.

Because he has barely played in the last 2 years. They are wrong and I am right becaues I saw his leadership and tackling ability with my own two eyes. Also coaches agreed with me by naming him all pac 12 selection.
You recall Evan Weaver?

Got a call from the CU AD that I picked up yesterday. Ben, I think. He asked why I wasn't renewing. I said I was pretty disappointed about the last coaching hire. He said yea, I understand. Reminded me I have until the end of the month to renew. I definitely was not one of the first 10 people to tell him that.

This is why I'm taking next season off from the Bufs.

Yeah, sadly I am super pumped that I have another team that I am attached to to root for now. I’ve got all the gear, I carve out time in my day to watch their games/meets/matches. And this particular team wins more often than it loses…which is nice.

At least it's not Nebraska right?

Are you as pumped as Brent Venables is for coaching OU?

"...my own two eyes."
blinking trailer park boys GIF

American Football GIF by EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL

Back