What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

McChesney 🥺 ....

on fire GIF

Has there been anymore positive developments coming out of the summer program? I am hoping to see some more steps forward on the S&C side of things. I think it took Turley 3 years to really get his program climbing when he was at Stanford so maybe we might get to see some flashes of improvement as a team.

Has there been anymore positive developments coming out of the summer program? I am hoping to see some more steps forward on the S&C side of things. I think it took Turley 3 years to really get his program climbing when he was at Stanford so maybe we might get to see some flashes of improvement as a team.
I’ll handle this one.

The coaches will say there is massive improvement. Kids had their best summer yet. That some guys are absolute beasts, and the team is faster and more explosive. In the games, we will immediately look weak, slow and soft.

There you go. I just saved you time and heartache.

Last tuesday's practice was the best since 2005, 10 wins no excuses

Last tuesday's practice was the best since 2005, 10 wins no excuses
I’ll handle this one.

The coaches will say there is massive improvement. Kids had their best summer yet. That some guys are absolute beasts, and the team is faster and more explosive. In the games, we will immediately look weak, slow and soft.

There you go. I just saved you time and heartache.
I get where you guys are going here, but I guess I was just hoping that maybe we don't get pushed around as much as we have.

Someone come sniffing around to poach McGeoghan already?

Sparty?! Just throw money at McGeoghan and make a less windy and red-taped road to be a possible successor to HCKD. He must have some promising characteristics if they are giving him this title before coaching a down in a season.

Someone come sniffing around to poach McGeoghan already?

I know he hasn’t coached a down of football yet for us but I think I would be 10x more excited about the strategy and trajectory of our program if he was the head coach than I am right now. Guy has a ton of energy, seems to have a strategy in recruiting and is impressive to listen to talk about the game. Hiring someone like him for cheap and find a creative way to funnel the money saved into NIL opportunities would at least give me hope.

Sparty?! Just throw money at McGeoghan and make a less windy and red-taped road to be a possible successor to HCKD. He must have some promising characteristics if they are giving him this title before coaching a down in a season.
Succession plan?

I believe that they are getting ready to make an announcement that we should expect an announcement on the subject sometime in the future.
The should-be-fired SID is still trying to hand count season ticket renewals. That’s hard for him. Can’t count above 200.

So when is the news going to drop on this game changing initiative that will help us win another national championship?
Well, we got the puff piece from Brian about how CU is adapting to NIL. And nie Rick says he’s open to collectives but has warnings that would discourage any staff, player or recruit. And finally, for some silly reason, he’s talking to the BoR about NIL and collectives. All’s well. Don’t worry. Rick is on top of this.

The October 32nd Surprise is in the hands of two CSU grads. I'm not putting all of my eggs in that basket. Not even a quarter of them.

Which is a meaningless statement when you have zero eggs. But hypothetically.

The October 32nd Surprise is in the hands of two CSU grads. I'm not putting all of my eggs in that basket. Not even a quarter of them.

Which is a meaningless statement when you have zero eggs. But hypothetically.
Omelet myself get excited about the surprise.

Now that the Avs have won the Stanley Cup, we are in the doldrums until CFB kicks off again (minus the British Open).

For me, the countdown has begun for CFB. I may not be looking forward to the Buffs season, but I still do love CFB in general, NIL or not.

Back