What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have 85. Wouldn't be surprised if 5-10 are PWOs who get schollys at the end of training camp though.
We are only going to lose the ones that somebody else wants.

Even though they go into the portal most of the guys we have left aren't going to get P5 (or for some G5) offers and will stick here.

In all seriousness who do we have right now to fill out our secondary? Off the top of my head:
CBs are Bethel, Reed, Miller, Taylor,
Safeties Lewis, Appleton, Woods, Pittman

I am still expecting a mimimum of 6-6 and a bowl game next season. KD may be out of a job if he thinks he can use the young team excuse next season. There is still time to revamp the roster.
I know this is manhattan's turf, but care to put some money where your mouth is?

Or are you all talk?

I am on a CU fan site, some one is asking me to gamble to see if the team will have a bad record next serason. Shakes my head in disbelief.

Last edited:
6 wins is possible. Get the needed transfers and improve the coaching. But if we don't address the OL and DL. It will be a 1 or 2 win season.

In all seriousness who do we have right now to fill out our secondary? Off the top of my head:

CB- Bethel Jr, N Reed, Moore, Wiggins, Mills, Harris
S- Lewis, Woods, Taylor, Dixson, X Smith, Salavea

Appleton left the progtam. Won;t suprise me if there are more transfers.

Appleton is gone and Miller is up in the air. Kaylin Moore is part of that CB group. Then there’s the freshman. Yeah, at this rate, we need multiple transfers at both CB and S

And still players would rather go there than here. Fvck this **** a$$ program.
I’m not a Nebraska fan, and Lincoln isn’t anywhere on my list of top places to visit, but they have 5 National Championships in Football……historically a better program
than what we have endured (me since 1975) in Boulder……..just the facts. And what QB wants to get hammered playing with an OL as bad as the ones we are putting out there?

6 wins is possible. Get the needed transfers and improve the coaching. But if we don't address the OL and DL. It will be a 1 or 2 win season.
So you also are predicting an abysmal season barring significant roster additions and flat hope that the coaching improves?

Welcome to the club, maybe stop trying to convince everyone that losing transfers doesn’t matter. Sure, if we replace them with equitable or better transfers we can recover, but that hasn’t happened.

I’m not a Nebraska fan, and Lincoln isn’t anywhere on my list of top places to visit, but they have 5 National Championships in Football……historically a better program
than what we have endured (me since 1975) in Boulder……..just the facts. And what QB wants to get hammered playing with an OL as bad as the ones we are putting out there?
And rabid boosters… NIL $$$ will be available

I felt this way, essentially, prior to losing 3/4ths of the entire starting defensive backfield without taking on ANY replacements through a historic period with the most jam-packed portal that will likely ever exist. We are bare bones at depth… having lost real, young talent and starters… we needed to up-grade not lose our best talent with no replacements.

And, as I understand it, we start classes Monday (?), and CU is not like A&M (for instance) in allowing mid-year transfers academically. (Maybe I’m wrong on this, but I see CU admin as being a stumbling block in the midst of the team already falling over.)

It’s getting close to the point where any one we “pick up” can only join in the summer… which does not help build any momentum toward/during spring ball, or even being able to field two teams for a “game” like good teams do (even just for presentation purposes).

Most critically, we seem to have NO NIL strategy or money to compete for players with. This is a year when teams are-quite literally-buying players through the portal. Yet, we appear to be coupon clipping like an episode of Extreme Couponing, looking to get to the register without having to pay any money…. as a plan.

RG, at the very least, knew this was coming from two years!!! And we have NO NIL plan or money from donors to offer as enticement, even to our own players. This is why RG held his press conference. It was a prayer in the wind, as if anything could or would change.

As I see it, we have pretty much one “name” player left who I have been worried would leave all along. He plays a critical position. If his name hits the portal, it’s a free-for-all (even more than it’s been).
It is going to be another practice type spring game. It is not an ideal situation. We just have to use spring ball to work on the young players and get the transfers during the summer.

nubs are loading up, they picked up a RB from atm today.
wsu QB and a 4* QB from arkansas hit the portal yesterday

Maybe now you can begin to understand how everyone else feels every time you post.

I used to just think you were a fan with blinders on. Now I’m struggling to think you’re anything but a troll at this point.
His responses are so basic, just think of a 7 year old typing in an adult forum. Realize his views are limited. When folks reply, he responds with more nonsense and increased volume. Don't give a 7 year old your time, he'll eventually go away to play on the rocket at Scott Carpenter Park.

So you also are predicting an abysmal season barring significant roster additions and flat hope that the coaching improves?

Welcome to the club, maybe stop trying to convince everyone that losing transfers doesn’t matter. Sure, if we replace them with equitable or better transfers we can recover, but that hasn’t happened.
I will make my prediction in August. Right now it is a one win roster.

Appleton is gone and Miller is up in the air. Kaylin Moore is part of that CB group. Then there’s the freshman. Yeah, at this rate, we need multiple transfers at both CB and S
Forgot about Moore.

Hopefully Dixson can step up immediately. Trying to find a silver lining, he is one of our best recruits and seems to have CFB size

It is going to be another practice type spring game. It is not an ideal situation. We just have to use spring ball to work on the young players and get the transfers during the summer.

OK, I'll play. Here's the problem: The transfer that will be available in summer will be a guy who was 2nd / 3rd string in April and who has discovered after spring that he's now not in the 2-deep. In other words a guy who's sliding down the depth chart. OR....It could be guy who's continuously having academic challenges staying eligible. OR....a guy who's had run-ins with the team rules and/or real laws.

I think that the higher quality Transfer Portal guys have entered early and are getting picked up fast. There will be some guys left in summer that can help the Buffs but that's more a commentary on the quality of the CU roster than it is on the quality of the Transfer Portal guys.

nubs are loading up, they picked up a RB from atm today.
wsu QB and a 4* QB from arkansas hit the portal yesterday
NIL is great for a program like Nebraska - a place whose only redeeming quality is a fan base willing to mortgage their livelihood for the good of the program. They have money and that’s the great equalizer in todays college football.

Btw why do players need to write long statements about entering the portal? I certainly don't have time to read it.
If you have time to log on to an online message board, head in to the football specific forum, click on a thread about transfers, and post about transfer announcement messages: I think you have time to read them, you just don’t want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back