What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step 1: Decrease the talent
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Win championships

I'm a little slow, so maybe you can explain 'Step 2' to me. You seem to understand and support what's going on. I'd really appreciate it if you could fill me in, because I'm at a loss here. I'm definitely not seeing or comprehending what you are. TIA
Somewhere between 1 and 3 you get to play all the underclassmen then complain about being too young before you get an extension.

Somewhere between 1 and 3 you get to play all the underclassmen then complain about being too young before you get an extension.
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

I'm a little slow, so maybe you can explain 'Step 2' to me. You seem to understand and support what's going on. I'd really appreciate it if you could fill me in, because I'm at a loss here. I'm definitely not seeing or comprehending what you are. TIA
It is easy, just ask some of the people on here and the nimrods on 247. The transfer portal will save us. We will end up with a better team after all of these replacements are secured. Jump on board with that ****ing theory, bitches.

Winning the championship next year is not the plan. The plan is to get better. Still have Spring football, and fall camp to get better. CU should be more aggressive in the portal. Life happens, you make adjustments. CU can still turn it arround.

It is easy, just ask some of the people on here and the nimrods on 247. The transfer portal will save us. We will end up with a better team after all of these replacements are secured. Jump on board with that ****ing theory, bitches.
So... the thought is that while we may be in the bottom of the P12 in recruiting & unable to retain the guys who become performers for us, it's ok because we will be better than our peers at signing free agents and coaching up what we have. Hmmm. I guess people need something to hang their hope on when they love something this much.

As I think about it from that perspective, I find it hard to be upset at their blind positivity & them lashing out at people who piss on their Cheerios. But at the same time, if those of us who can look at things objectively remain silent we're not doing any favors. We are on a path straight to what KU has been post-Mangino.

Winning the championship next year is not the plan. The plan is to get better. Still have Spring football, and fall camp to get better. CU should be more aggressive in the portal. Life happens, you make adjustments. CU can still turn it arround.
To clarify, I am talking about the path towards a championship. I fully accept that there are program foundations and fundamentals which are needed. I also believe that stability is something we need in a bad way. I actually believe we have a good group of position coaches & the right strength coach + good training facilities in order to maximize talent.

Our disconnect is probably that I firmly believe that attracting & retaining player talent is about 80% of the equation. I think KD is terrible at that, so I don't believe the positive things will have any hope of working.

To start with we aren't the Titanic, we are much uglier than that and there won't be survivors. We are more like the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Secondly you can send all the emails you want to RG and LC and the sales department, they aren't the ones who have decided that athletics don't matter. send them to the regents, send them to the people who are fund raising for non-athletic purposes. If you have donated to non-athletic funds or departments let them know that due to the overall decline including athletics you won't be donating until things are changed.

It is almost as if they think that if they ruin football that all the money donated to football is going to be magically donated to non-athletic funds. Let them know that at least in your name that won't be the case.

“Should be more aggressive…” Dude, WTF? Do you honestly think the coaching staff is just sitting around waiting for players to give them a call, drop in, shoot them a text? Wake the fvck up. They’re working their asses off at the moment. Problem is, 99% of the players in the portal wouldn’t be caught dead in this program right now.

“Should be more aggressive”. Dude, what the fvck are you on?

Last edited:
I love optimism, generally, but I am beginning to understand the meaning of the "1 + 1 = 3" post-script to each of these messages.

“Should be more aggressive..”. Dude, WTF? Do you honestly think the coaching staff is just sitting around waiting for players to give them a call, drop in, shoot them a text? Wake the fvck up. They’re working their asses off at the moment. Problem is, 99% of the players in the portal wouldn’t be caught dead in this program right now.

“Should be more aggressive”. Dude, what the fvck are you on?
I don't believe there's an ass to work off as far as CU's coaching staff is concerned...you have to have an ass to begin with.

So... the thought is that while we may be in the bottom of the P12 in recruiting & unable to retain the guys who become performers for us, it's ok because we will be better than our peers at signing free agents and coaching up what we have. Hmmm. I guess people need something to hang their hope on when they love something this much.

As I think about it from that perspective, I find it hard to be upset at their blind positivity & them lashing out at people who piss on their Cheerios. But at the same time, if those of us who can look at things objectively remain silent we're not doing any favors. We are on a path straight to what KU has been post-Mangino.
Don't forget to include.... AND HAVE NO MONEY TO COMPETE IN THE NIL ENVIORNMENT... as one of the initial predicates, right after "bottom of PAC 12 in recruiting" and "unable to retain our best players."

(I do take some solace from the fact that my ubiquitous use of--my own invented--ellipsis form of sentence structure may drive certain people on this forum incoherent in a grammar-based rage. I will take the small pleasures where I can find them at this point.)

Don't forget to include.... AND HAVE NO MONEY TO COMPETE IN THE NIL ENVIORNMENT... as one of the initial predicates, right after "bottom of PAC 12 in recruiting" and "unable to retain our best players."

(I do take some solace from the fact that my ubiquitous use of--my own invented--ellipsis form of sentence structure may drive certain people on this forum incoherent in a grammar-based rage. I will take the small pleasures where I can find them at this point.)
I'm a citizen for expanded usage of the ellipsis. Keep up the good fight!

NIL excuse is weak sauce to cover the flavor of rotting meat. The main problem is that players don't believe that KD will deliver a winner or even a game plan that will showcase their talent. They leave because they don't want to lose while seeing their NFL opportunity die.

I'm a citizen for expanded usage of the ellipsis. Keep up the good fight!

NIL excuse is weak sauce to cover the flavor of rotting meat. The main problem is that players don't believe that KD will deliver a winner or even a game plan that will showcase their talent. They leave because they don't want to lose while seeing their NFL opportunity die.
Certainly, "no money" is but one element in the developing stench. All of this has happened at exactly the wrong moment in time for this program: we end the season with the (second) worst offense in NCAA and the worst in CU history; we are attempting to break in entirely new QBs with no experience (because apparently having backup QBs EVER appear in games is a step too far); any five-star recruit we manage to get onto campus flames out as a massive head-case; we are struggling to find any stability or footing following MT abandoning the program in the middle of the night (and pre-season); we are as down as down can be.

This is an awful time to have the Hell-Mouth Transfer Portal open beneath us.

I do appreciate the votes for expanded use of the ellipsis. I shall endeavor to explore all the possible uses any sane person could possibly enjoy...or not.

The timing of this tells me Bru either doesn't want anything to do with this new offense, or was told the offense doesn't fit his skill set. I cant imagine the second one being true, but possibly they are wanting to go to bigger backs? Wouldn't explain Venn, but Sanford wasn't around for that. The only thing that makes sense at this point is KD has lost control of his talent on the team. He is going to need an absolute bomb to hit in the portal this year and next for him to salvage this program.

The timing of this tells me Bru either doesn't want anything to do with this new offense, or was told the offense doesn't fit his skill set. I cant imagine the second one being true, but possibly they are wanting to go to bigger backs? Wouldn't explain Venn, but Sanford wasn't around for that. The only thing that makes sense at this point is KD has lost control of his talent on the team. He is going to need an absolute bomb to hit in the portal this year and next for him to salvage this program.
Maybe he just hates losing

I guess you could be right, but why the hell would he wait until now to transfer? This is the time the staff (new staff) sits down with players to go over the upcoming season.
Good question. Maybe with the retirement of Pursell and transfer of Ray, he’s running out of confidence the OL will be worth a ****. Got to be frustrating to go from POY 5.7 ypc to 4.7 ypc with a fear that it could deteriorate from there.

I guess you could be right, but why the hell would he wait until now to transfer? This is the time the staff (new staff) sits down with players to go over the upcoming season.
If I was Bru, coming off that 2020 season, I'd be gone too after how my position coach utilized me & set the rotation in 2021 after learning that coach was being retained. Maybe he has different reasons, but that would have been mine.

I don’t think it has anything to with coaching staff. Seems simple to me: winning, and going someplace with a better OL / more prolific offense to improve his His own stock. Will be interesting to see how much attention he gets. So far, IMO our transfers have clearly fit into two categories: Those that realized probs my not good enough for P5, and those that realize they are good enough to play at a top 25ish program. I am not sure where Bru fits. I would lean more towards Top 25ish program, but as someone else noted RBs aren’t hard to come by and he has history of injury and is quite small. We shall see.

I don’t think it has anything to with coaching staff. Seems simple to me: winning, and going someplace with a better OL / more prolific offense to improve his His own stock. Will be interesting to see how much attention he gets. So far, IMO our transfers have clearly fit into two categories: Those that realized probs my not good enough for P5, and those that realize they are good enough to play at a top 25ish program. I am not sure where Bru fits. I would lean more towards Top 25ish program, but as someone else noted RBs aren’t hard to come by and he has history of injury and is quite small. We shall see.
You don't think him averaging under 12 carries a game, slightly less than Fontenot & Smith combined, while averaging over a yard more per carry than either of them, was a big factor?

You don't think him averaging under 12 carries a game, slightly less than Fontenot & Smith combined, while averaging over a yard more per carry than either of them, was a big factor?

Hold on now. If Fontenot and Smith both averaged 3.5 yards a carry, together that's 7.0 yards a carry, two more than Broussard at 5.0 yard/carry. This may really work out for us. We may have just gained some ground (yardage) for next year's run-oriented offense. I'm starting to see BB2's plan...coming together.

For CU the backfield became too crowded Broussard should've had 15-20 carries a game even with the crappy blocking he'd still get 80-90 yds a game, his cuts were quicker & his speed through the hole was faster...reminded me of Bieniemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back