What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. TCU under Dykes will be improved and we don't match up well with his schemes. 31-17 is where my head is at this point.
And they’re going to be playing a team that’s going to be starting several true freshmen. The hilarity is going to ensue.

CU have added

Chance Main DL
Issac Hurtado ILB
Maddox Kopp QB
From the portal so far. Probably need about 7 more portal transfers and 2 from high school. The team needs

3 OL
1 DL
1 RB
2 CB
1 Safety
1 WR

Will TCU be better than Oregon St this year? Will Buffs be worse? Offense won’t.
There is plenty of room for CU's offense to get worse. Just because we are at the bottom of the NCAA doesn't mean we can't continue to dig downward. It's entirely possible to hit negative game numbers on our present program vector.

Remember we will be installing an entirely new office with new (mostly freshman) players. There should be little doubt penalty yardages is going to skyrocket. Defenses will put all 11 players within 5 yards of the LOS. We may set even more pathetic records for offensive ineptitude. And that's just the offensive woes.

Will TCU be better than Oregon St this year? Will Buffs be worse? Offense won’t.
I would speculate TCU will be better than Oregon St. I am at a loss as to how one can conclude CU's offense will improve without, Kutsch, Pursell, Ray, Rice, JBrou and the offensive depth pieces behind them who left. Maybe if CU gets some OL transfers ready to play today, but without that, I can't see how CU improves much there.

Jason Oliver DB from Liberty HS in California commits. Looks like a good prospect. Corners are doing to be young. Atleast the Cali recruiting pipeline is been re established.

I would speculate TCU will be better than Oregon St. I am at a loss as to how one can conclude CU's offense will improve without, Kutsch, Pursell, Ray, Rice, JBrou and the offensive depth pieces behind them who left. Maybe if CU gets some OL transfers ready to play today, but without that, I can't see how CU improves much there.
Better coordination, coaching and QB play

Better coordination, coaching and QB play
I would think the OC will be better. If Lewis stays at the helm, I would think he would make a pretty big jump at QB. Usually players improve most between their first and second year.

That is the bright side, because without the immediate infusion of 3-4 ready, off the shelf players on the OL, the offense as a whole, even with the improvement you cite, is likely to be even worse. The OL is in as bad shape as I have seen in the last 34 years. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Add in the top rusher is gone, and the most talented receiver to boot, it is pretty grim. A fairly large group of OL are going through the portal and we are still wainting for OL #1 to choose CU.

I admire your positivity, but I don't think it is reflective of what challenges CU faces. JMO.

I would think the OC will be better. If Lewis stays at the helm, I would think he would make a pretty big jump at QB. Usually players improve most between their first and second year.

That is the bright side, because without the immediate infusion of 3-4 ready, off the shelf players on the OL, the offense as a whole, even with the improvement you cite, is likely to be even worse. The OL is in as bad shape as I have seen in the last 34 years. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Add in the top rusher is gone, and the most talented receiver to boot, it is pretty grim. A fairly large group of OL are going through the portal and we are still wainting for OL #1 to choose CU.

I admire your positivity, but I don't think it is reflective of what challenges CU faces. JMO.
Did we lose 3-4 OL starters?

Did we lose 3-4 OL starters?
I think the point is, between losing players to graduation and transfer portal, we are in dire need of upgrading even our present/remaining OL players, just to have a chance of improving the OL.

There’s only so much “unlearning” the “unlearning” that’s going to make a difference.

I think the point is, between losing players to graduation and transfer portal, we are in dire need of upgrading even our present/remaining OL players, just to have a chance of improving the OL.

There’s only so much “unlearning” the “unlearning” that’s going to make a difference.
Young guys get older and stronger and better. Line should be same or better. QB definitely better.

WSU paying up for NIL (their fanbase is, not the school). They have rabid and loyal fans, unlike CU. Top QB available?

He is getting a $75k Salary per year, free car, and a free apartment.

CU have added

Chance Main DL
Issac Hurtado ILB
Maddox Kopp QB
From the portal so far. Probably need about 7 more portal transfers and 2 from high school. The team needs

3 OL
1 DL
1 RB
2 CB
1 Safety
1 WR
Who is leaving to make room?

English the problem, not math. One didn’t play and one didn’t start.
I am pretty sure all four started a game. Wray started aTm, Ray started UNC and aTm IIRC. Pursell and Kutsch started every game they were healthy for. Or stated another way, Wray and Ray had the 6th and 7th highest number of plays played among the OL. Only Kutsch started every game on the OL.

It is kind of funny you talk about English in your first sentence, a sentence without a verb. Well done.

He is not going anywhere, he is now the Co #1 RB and I actually think he has a huge upside and could be the breakout star of next years team with his speed fully returning. He is just making a funny tweet about how his boys Clayton and Broussard left the room
This ....show has a Breakout Star? Tell me more

Attachments

• ms-60z38u1.gif
    ms-60z38u1.gif
    665.5 KB · Views: 0
I am pretty sure all four started a game. Wray started aTm, Ray started UNC and aTm IIRC. Pursell and Kutsch started every game they were healthy for. Or stated another way, Wray and Ray had the 6th and 7th highest number of plays played among the OL. Only Kutsch started every game on the OL.

It is kind of funny you talk about English in your first sentence, a sentence without a verb. Well done.
If I’m curt with you, it’s because time is a factor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back