What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

What a feeling to be a fan of a program that has this as a realistic candidate list, even though the program is trash.
I am on TA&MU 247, many hate this list. Many want Urban or Prime. Dominating recruiting ans retaining their good to great players is their #1 goal.

Based on the boosters, it will be interesting. I really don't know. I doubt it would be DeBoer. SEC has little respect for people outside of their ranks unless their proven to overachieve in recruiting.

Kiffin might be the best bet with their NIL.

Data wise, I like Dykes the most but that's just me.

I am on TA&MU 247, many hate this list. Many want Urban or Prime. Dominating recruiting ans retaining their good to great players is their #1 goal.

Based on the boosters, it will be interesting. I really don't know. I doubt it would be DeBoer. SEC has little respect for people outside of their ranks unless their proven to overachieve in recruiting.

They already dominated recruiting under Jimbo and will be in the top 5 every year going forward as long as the boosters want to pay for the recruits. Their fans are stupid if that’s all they’re looking for. Retention might have been an issue, but recruiting was not

They already dominated recruiting under Jimbo and will be in the top 5 every year going forward as long as the boosters want to pay for the recruits. Their fans are stupid if that’s all they’re looking for. Retention might have been an issue, but recruiting was not
In their mind, dominating is 1st. They want to be better than Bama and UGA. They got the money.

The SEC is a completely different world. I don't know if any coach who isn't experienced there can have true success.

The timing of this fire is interesting though. Why would they fire Jimbo now if the next guy is someone still coaching? Has to be UM, right?

The timing of this fire is interesting though. Why would they fire Jimbo now if the next guy is someone still coaching? Has to be UM, right?

They were done with Jimbo and didn’t want him to gain any momentum with more wins this season.

Is it that realistic? Lanning, Norvell, and DeBoer have better jobs than A&M.

Money talks, but there is a reason A&M never consistently wins big.
Jimbo won a Natty at FSU before leaving for the pay day. Lanning is an SEC guy. DeBoer seems like a weird fit but as you said, money talks. I’m just not sure there’s much that separates the top half of the SEC and B1G programs w/r/t how good the jobs are. They’re all likely going to pay $10m+/year on 10 year deals, good recruiters can recruit to any of them. NIL collectives are thriving at most.

Jimbo won a Natty at FSU before leaving for the pay day. Lanning is an SEC guy. DeBoer seems like a weird fit but as you said, money talks. I’m just not sure there’s much that separates the top half of the SEC and B1G programs w/r/t how good the jobs are. They’re all likely going to pay $10m+/year on 10 year deals, good recruiters can recruit to any of them. NIL collectives are thriving at most.

The reality is the boosters run that program, maybe more than any job in the country. Just not sure it is an environment which allows a head coach (even great ones) to thrive.

Imagine their boards after Prime ices his own kicker or takes the ball first in overtime.

Last edited:
The reality is the boosters run that program, maybe more than any job in the country. Just not sure it is an environment which allows a head coach (even great ones) to thrive.
This is spot on and exactly the reason why I wouldn't see Prime taking that job no matter how much money they offer.

It is much like the Texas job, coaches biggest job is managing the boosters. You need a guy like Mack Brown who can do what needs to be done in the program while making the guys writing the checks believe that they are being listened to and treated like they are special.

Imagine their boards after Prime ices his own kicker or takes the ball first in overtime.
I keep seeing this comment about icing our own kicker. It was Sean Lewis that called that timeout actually. Still dumb but just thought I'd point that out.

If I'm a GM, Prime is a perfect fit for a rebuild that has not recruited well in a long time and has difficulty recruiting as a bottom-basement program.

But he hasn't proven any of the other things yet like can he build an organization to win.
If I am running aTm, no chance I go for anything other than a proven winner. Recruiting with their NIL will take care of itself.

I live in Houston, the wealthy part and A&M fans are by the dozen here. They run the program to a tee. This is a much better program for booster relations. All money ain't good money but if they make an insane offer, would you be happy if Rick countered it massively? I know some of ya'll off the Prime wagon. Would you be happy with that

I live in Houston, the wealthy part and A&M fans are by the dozen here. They run the program to a tee. This is a much better program for booster relations. All money ain't good money but if they make an insane offer, would you be happy if Rick countered it massively? I know some of ya'll off the Prime wagon. Would you be happy with that
I live in Houston, the non-wealthy part, and my guess is that rumors of Prime are being used to drive clicks. I will eat my hat if Aggie actually makes a run at Prime. I just don’t see it happening.

If I'm a GM, Prime is a perfect fit for a rebuild that has not recruited well in a long time and has difficulty recruiting as a bottom-basement program.

But he hasn't proven any of the other things yet like can he build an organization to win.
If I am running aTm, no chance I go for anything other than a proven winner. Recruiting with their NIL will take care of itself.

Maybe if we were sitting at 7-3. But 4-6? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

a. it's not realistic to have happen and if it did, I'd want Rick to match it if he had the funding
b. he wouldn't have the funding

p.s. I live in the poor(er) part of Niwot

I keep seeing this comment about icing our own kicker. It was Sean Lewis that called that timeout actually. Still dumb but just thought I'd point that out.
Ah. My mistake, but my bigger point is this-I don't see A&M hiring Prime. They need a guy with a strong resume, and I just don't see a guy with one year of power 5 experience and a 4-8 or 5-7 record being that. Prime's not anywhere near as hot as he was in September.

Pure guess on my part but Dan Lanning does make sense there.

I live in the middle-wealthy part of Houston and got accosted by an Aggie at the HEB (grocery store) parking lot the morning before the USC game - I had my six year old daughter with me and we were picking up cup cakes for her birthday party. He saw my Prime shirt and started saying how he was not a good coach and all talk..blah blah blah and asked if I listened to Jason Whitlock….lol! All that to say I think Lanning or Urban would be on their radar before Prime.

a. it's not realistic to have happen and if it did, I'd want Rick to match it if he had the funding
b. he wouldn't have the funding

p.s. I live in the poor(er) part of Niwot
Prime would rather stay based on JSU. He gave them ample times to give a great offer considering the playing level. The president messed that up. He's a comfort guy but definitely will consider a massive deal. He would be a fool not too. My belief is CU knows what they got value wise and they will keep Prime with a tremendous offer.

Back