What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA Tourn. Thread-6 seed//20 ranked WOMEN'S Bball (Sweet 16 game in Seattle vs. 2 seed/ 3 ranked Iowa; Friday, Mar. 24th, 5:30 PM MT; ESPN)

Yes CC did it previously in the tournament but the big difference here is that Reese did it directly at CC in taunting fashion. She even followed CC around the court for about 10-15 seconds before the game ended getting in CC's face with the hand over face and ring gestures.

And there's also been some people pointing out that other players such as Burrow have done the ring thing but once again that wasn't in taunting fashion directed at an opposing player.
I know what you're saying man. Maybe she pushed it a little, but, to me, it wasn't a big deal. Probably because I've been on both ends of that **** competing I guess. These are real young adults too that are in a huge moment, that plays into it imho. Whether winning or losing, I would've shut that part down by then, but I'm not her. End of the day, I believe what I said above in the other post. Pretty much right back at ya thinking.

I know what you're saying man. Maybe she pushed it a little, but, to me, it wasn't a big deal. Probably because I've been on both ends of that **** competing I guess. These are real young adults too that are in a huge moment, that plays into it imho. Whether winning or losing, I would've shut that part down by then, but I'm not her. End of the day, I believe what I said above in the other post. Pretty much right back at ya thinking.

What bothered me was the chasing CC around the court. That's unacceptable. Then it's hard for me to hear her bring race into it because frankly I think she did it as a cover for her actions. She acted like a fool, then she tried to deflect criticism by saying it's a racial thing, when it's clearly not. I was very critical of CC when I thought she was going overboard, but AR went way beyond anything anything CC did.

As for guys doing that, I don't know how many guys would chase someone around the court/field because there's a good chance someone would throw down.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, I give zero ****s about this and I thought it was funny. It made me somewhat ok with the fact that Mulkey was going to win something. But, as someone who wants to see the women's game grow I LOVE this because it's getting so much discourse out there and just growing the game. Add in that the quality of play is some of the highest that it's been since I can ever remember and this is awesome.

What bothered me was the chasing CC around the court. That's unacceptable. Then it's hard for me to hear her bring race into it because frankly I think she did it as a cover for her actions. She acted like a fool, then she tried to deflect criticism by saying itd a racial thing, when it's clearly not. I was very critical of CC when I thought she was going overboard, but AR went way beyond anything anything CC did.

As for guys doing that, I don't know how many guys would chase someone around the court/field because there's a good chance someone would throw down.
Reggie Miller would know. Ask him about pissing MJ off. :LOL:

What bothered me was the chasing CC around the court. That's unacceptable. Then it's hard for me to hear her bring race into it because frankly I think she did it as a cover for her actions. She acted like a fool, then she tried to deflect criticism by saying it's a racial thing, when it's clearly not. I was very critical of CC when I thought she was going overboard, but AR went way beyond anything anything CC did.

I am a white male who doesn't follow the women's game that closely, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, and maybe some of those here who do follow the game more closely have better insight. That said, I think you have it backward. It does seem to be about race to Reese, but it's not specifically about Caitlin Clark. Caitlin Clark is just the focal point. It is clear to me that both the South Carolina and LSU teams feel like they are disrespected in the media based on their race and this goes back much further than Caitlin Clark taunting the woman from Louisville or "disrespecting" the South Carolina guard the last couple of weeks. I think Reese's frustration in the championship game ended up being targeted at Clark because of the way Clark was covered by the media this year/tournament, but I get the sense it's about much more than Caitlin Clark.

I don't want Kim Mulkey to win anything. Period. She is a total b*tch and I will never like her.
Her leaving Baylor killed me because I had to choose between her and Baylor.

Die 30 Rock GIF

I think Reese's frustration in the championship game ended up being targeted at Clark because of the way Clark was covered by the media this year/tournament
What does this mean? Clark deserves all the covers so far, she is just better than anybody else. And what do you mean by SC being disrespected by the media? Majority of people have them winning championship in the bucket.

I follow women's game pretty closely, I watch many games and read many reports, I don't get the feeling that LSU and SC got disrespected because of them being all black girls. Maybe I'm a little too insensitive here, but if you think Clark is being talked about too much, it's not because she is white, it's because she is the Steph Curry of college basketball this year. We are talking about 2017 level of Curry

The refs just needed to get her off the court, just enforce the rules
The refs in our game needed to make the players shut up when they were talking to the refs
I do not like Clark's mentality and I can see people wanting to punk here
I thought the LSU ladies did not do themselves a favor by tainting their win

I am a white male who doesn't follow the women's game that closely, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, and maybe some of those here who do follow the game more closely have better insight. That said, I think you have it backward. It does seem to be about race to Reese, but it's not specifically about Caitlin Clark. Caitlin Clark is just the focal point. It is clear to me that both the South Carolina and LSU teams feel like they are disrespected in the media based on their race and this goes back much further than Caitlin Clark taunting the woman from Louisville or "disrespecting" the South Carolina guard the last couple of weeks. I think Reese's frustration in the championship game ended up being targeted at Clark because of the way Clark was covered by the media this year/tournament, but I get the sense it's about much more than Caitlin Clark.

Your first five words is why this annoys me so much. She acted like a fool and then threw race into the discussion to try to deflect. Just like Kendrick Perkins with Jokic, they're pushing a narrative that just isn't there. Caitlin Clark is good. Nikola Jokic is good. It just so happens that the majority of the other best players in men's and women's basketball are black.

But are we really going to act like women's basketball hasn't promoted Britney Griner, Chamique Holdsclaw, Tamika Channings, Dawn Staley, and on and on? Seriously, anybody buying the "they're only highlighting Clark because she's white' is buying something that makes about as much sense as the Jokic thing.

Now, having said that, Jill Biden inviting the Iowa team is cringe as ****. I'm sure it was done with good intentions, but the runners-up never get invited.

They deserve it man. I enjoyed the women's tournament more than the men's outside of a few games. They've built their own brand and have some ladies in it that can flat ball. In years past, it seemed like there were only a few names that stood out above others. Now, there are multiple. It isn't just Sheryl Swoopes, Lobo, Taurasi, etc etc, and everybody else.

Ask yourself that question. Would you want to go to the White House as the team that got second? I can't speak for them but my answer wouldn't be no, it would be **** NO!! Besides, I'll be in my cave for a week or so. :D

I'm sure that the decision was made before the game, and I'm sure that the idea was to celebrate women, nothing more. But the optics were terrible. If they wanted to invite me than one women's team, go with the D2 and D3 winners.

I'm sure that the decision was made before the game, and I'm sure that the idea was to celebrate women, nothing more. But the optics were terrible. If they wanted to invite me than one women's team, go with the D2 and D3 winners.
Not a bad idea but doubt they'd do it. Have no idea if schools like that get that invite?

Back