What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA Tourn. Thread-6 seed//20 ranked WOMEN'S Bball (Sweet 16 game in Seattle vs. 2 seed/ 3 ranked Iowa; Friday, Mar. 24th, 5:30 PM MT; ESPN)

VT seemed to have control of the game but really fell apart in the 4th. And they got crushed in the paint.
Believe the highlights said they got outscored 29-13 in the 4th. I watched it, but didn't think they had that lousy of a 4th. I know they were letting LSU play pretty damn physical, really both teams, which is fine with me.

Saw a write up of her from high school. She is very calm now compared to then.

Go Hawkeyes!

I also will never cheer for Mulkey.

Holy ****, really?

Damn.

She should have been T'ed up against us for screaming at the ref when Czinano got called for running over Jaylyn. My brother and dad are Iowa fans, they told me she does that regularly. I understood the ref not wanting to call a technical in that situation, but she needs to calm down now. I can't imagine her being more hyped up and not getting thrown out of games.

This was from a retired columnist from the Des Moines Register. He wrote a column called the Iowa Boy. His take was that Clark did not represent the Iowa Girl and the former and then deceased director of the girls athletic union was turning over in his grave.

He wrote about a rivalry game. With this season, he has reupped the column and made the comparison if people think she's bad now, you should have seen her then.

Clark isn’t eligible for the WNBA draft and she will be a senior at Iowa next year. She brings a ton of extra attention to the women’s game now and that’s not a bad thing.

Outside of working the officials, being hyper, and having an ego, she’s not a dirty player and her teammates don’t begrudge her the spotlight.

The top HCs of women’s hoops, all of them, would Literally cut off their left arms to have her on their teams.

My only question is how in the heck did Iowa lose 6 regular season games?

Last edited:
I also will never cheer for Mulkey.
Do you mind sharing your distain for Mulkey for someone who hasn’t followed women’s basketball beyond cheering for the Buffs? I assume it is more than her horrid fashion sense.

I used to watch Mulkey come in to Coors every other season with Baylor and act like a total a$$ every time. She throws temper tantrums to get her way, stomps on the floor with her stiletto heels and doesn't know the meaning of the coach box. I don't think in all of those games in Boulder she ever got a technical called on her. She has totally intimidated the official in women's basketball for years and still does so.

Yes, she is a horrible person. She uses her players for whatever time she has them and then forgets them. She is not like Pat Summit, whose players seemed to genuinely love her.

Why would you bring an openly gay player to Baylor, a Baptist university, and expect her not to be gay while she was there for 4 years, Brittney Griner said she got her freedom to be herself the day her senior season ended and she was no longer under the control of Mulkey.

College is a time where people grow. Most freshman are not the same immature person as seniors. Mulkey used her for 4 years. Griner knew it and hasn't had much to say since then about her former coach.

I used to watch Mulkey come in to Coors every other season with Baylor and act like a total a$$ every time. She throws temper tantrums to get her way, stomps on the floor with her stiletto heels and doesn't know the meaning of the coach box. I don't think in all of those games in Boulder she ever got a technical called on her. She has totally intimidated the official in women's basketball for years and still does so.

Yes, she is a horrible person. She uses her players for whatever time she has them and then forgets them. She is not like Pat Summit, whose players seemed to genuinely love her.

Why would you bring an openly gay player to Baylor, a Baptist university, and expect her not to be gay while she was there for 4 years, Brittney Griner said she got her freedom to be herself the day her senior season ended and she was no longer under the control of Mulkey.

College is a time where people grow. Most freshman are not the same immature person as seniors. Mulkey used her for 4 years. Griner knew it and hasn't had much to say since then about her former coach.
Thanks for the insight.

Got to wonder why Griner went there and stayed. Must have been a nice bag.

Clark couldn't play any defense in the NBA, but she could outscore Ben Simmons.
Who can't outscore Ben "I'm scared as **** to take a jumper" Simmons? He reminds me of that Dudley guy who was scared to death of free throws. Well, Simmons is scared of those too. :D

I don't who else is watching this, but they need to stop the game and find a new refereeing crew. They are ruining a national championship game.

They called about 5 phantom calls in a row.

Last edited:
Back