What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA Tourn. Thread-6 seed//20 ranked WOMEN'S Bball (Sweet 16 game in Seattle vs. 2 seed/ 3 ranked Iowa; Friday, Mar. 24th, 5:30 PM MT; ESPN)

I don't who else is watching this, but they need to stop the game and find a new refereeing crew. They are ruining a national championship game.

They called about phantom calls in a row.

Yes I've been noticing that too. Both Mulkey and #10 couldn't believe the 2nd foul that got called on her. But yea overall they are calling this one very close. Let. Them. Play.

I so wanted this game to be Amoore v Clark! Amoore is almost as good as Clark and she is coming back next season too. Unfortunately VT loses a lot to graduation.

Disappointment at the moment because I think Tech could've won, but so proud of this team for a great year far beyond all expectations. I think we represented well as ACC champs.
What do you make of all this? IMO, the coach's explanation is so far-fetched as to be a lie

Can't imagine Iowa coming back when they've done all this with Angel Moore on the bench.

All they can do is hope that LSU goes cold and Clark doesn't get any more fouls.

The foul calls have been tight on both ends. LSU is shootin’ lights out. Mulkey is a kind of a low-life, a drama Queen, and not always a players coach, but if you have a Mulkey team with 2 losses over the whole year in the natty final game, her team is gonna Ball. She had 2 Nat’l Championships at Baylor (2005, 2012) and her overall record as a HC is 658-110. It just is what it is.

These refs are a disgrace. Took over and destroyed the most influential women’s basketball game in history.

O’Grady will be an OK role player for Iowa next year but I think Lisa Bluder needs to hit the portal and get a good experienced 6’5” big. Monica Cz is going to be really hard to replace.

Alexis Morris got them over in the 2nd half. That young lady has the midrange game down for sure. Refs were not good. Control the game with how you call it, let the players adjust, that's wtf they're expecting to do anyway.

Alexis Morris got them over in the 2nd half. That young lady has the midrange game down for sure. Refs were not good. Control the game with how you call it, let the players adjust, that's wtf they're expecting to do anyway.
The refs were not good but to my eye the tight calls were only slightly disadvantageous to Iowa.

Plenty of tight calls against LSU too. You’re just not going to win many college hoops games, men’s or women’s, when the other guy puts up 102.

edit: Luke, I was editorializing a little and I realize you weren’t saying that Iowa got robbed.

Which is what the play by play people said.

They showed several calls that should have been non-calls, especially the "technical" on Clark. Their opinion was she did nothing.

The refs weee not good but to my eye the tight calls were only slightly disadvantageous to Iowa.

Plenty of tight calls against LSU too. You’re just not going to win many college hoops games, men’s or women’s, when the other guy puts up 102.

edit: Luke, I was editorializing a little and I realize you weren’t saying that Iowa got robbed.
I get all that. I'm just talking about being able to adjust to how it's gonna be called. Hard to do if it changes during. Oh, it wasn't a foul 30 seconds ago, but it is now? Not using this game as an example really, that crew was crap though, no control whatsoever. Set the tone early, let the PLAYERS adjust, all I'm saying.

My feeling is that you call things looser, not tighter in a championship game.

I didn't really know anything about Angel Moore, but her antics in the final minutes were, well, not sportswomanlike. It mostly towards Clark, and you know Clark talks, so who knows, but wow. Win with class.

I didn't really know anything about Angel Moore, but her antics in the final minutes were, well, not sportswomanlike. It mostly towards Clark, and you know Clark talks, so who knows, but wow. Win with class.
It wasn't the best look. Thing is, KC brought that on herself crying and bitching all the time. On the field, court, whatever, talk all the **** you want. You lose, let them have their moment.
Which is what the play by play people said.

They showed several calls that should have been non-calls, especially the "technical" on Clark. Their opinion was she did nothing.
She really didn't do much but have a rep. No, you shouldn't call that, but when you're great, those eyeballs are gonna be right on you and you won't get a leash. Not saying it's right, just what it is.

You mean Angel Reese….

If you are CC, been saying KC lol, remember this feeling. Getting to the biggest game of your life and it going like it did is all the fuel you need to finish it off next time. Well now, we talked about the Angel Reese thing a little last night. Now it's some big story this morning. To me, it was much ado about nothing. Just heated competition and now it's a racial debate, go figure. I saw CC doing the same thing as Reese in other games this tournament, so I don't wanna hear this bull**** she's a victim. Unless I missed it, I haven't heard CC bitch about it at all. I'm pretty sure I know why that is, so to me, making a big deal out of an act in heated competition means pretty much nothing. If you watched it, I took it as it's not fun when the shoe is on the other foot, ethnicities aside, nothing more.

If you are CC, been saying KC lol, remember this feeling. Getting to the biggest game of your life and it going like it did is all the fuel you need to finish it off next time. Well now, we talked about the Angel Reese thing a little last night. Now it's some big story this morning. To me, it was much ado about nothing. Just heated competition and now it's a racial debate, go figure. I saw CC doing the same thing as Reese in other games this tournament, so I don't wanna hear this bull**** she's a victim. Unless I missed it, I haven't heard CC bitch about it at all. I'm pretty sure I know why that is, so to me, making a big deal out of an act in heated competition means pretty much nothing. If you watched it, I took it as it's not fun when the shoe is on the other foot, ethnicities aside, nothing more.

Yes CC did it previously in the tournament but the big difference here is that Reese did it directly at CC in taunting fashion. She even followed CC around the court for about 10-15 seconds before the game ended getting in CC's face with the hand over face and ring gestures.

And there's also been some people pointing out that other players such as Burrow have done the ring thing but once again that wasn't in taunting fashion directed at an opposing player.

Yes CC did it previously in the tournament but the big difference here is that Reese did it directly at CC in taunting fashion. She even followed CC around the court for about 10-15 seconds before the game ended getting in CC's face with the hand over face and ring gestures.

And there's also been some people pointing out that other players such as Burrow have done the ring thing but once again that wasn't in taunting fashion directed at an opposing player.
Meh. Still anyone but the people involved giving a ****.

Reese also flipped off the Iowa fans at some point

She is very representative of her coach.

I know if one of our players acted like that JR would punish them but first they would not do it because of the expectations she has of them.

Well, sounds like she has problem with people watching basketball. But do it at the critics, not at CC.

I don't have problem with trash talk on the court. Reese did it when the game ended. That's lame, but I would not make it a big deal. CC didn't make it a big deal either. A lot of this is caused by the stupid social network.

It's probably a good question on if CC's antics would be received differently from fans and officials if she wasn't white. But I wouldn't assume anything there - she's not exactly popular despite her greatness and the officials were all over her in the championship game

Back