What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Season Prediction Thread (Post TCU)

What is your new win total after the TCU game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This week has the potential to be a real letdown for Colorado. The coaches have a big job this week to keep themselves and the team focused on beating the cornholios.
I would normally agree with this if other parties were at the helm, but do not agree because of CP. Since day one, he has been building around playing to their own standard and dominating. He will hold them accountable to this, and use the glaring issues that need to be fixed (D and ST) as the focus. The offense will continue to roll (they are on a trajectory to the moon).

Buffs win by 4+ TD’s

87 new players that have not internalized “programs biggest rival”.
Prime understands it, he has banned red from the facility, Shedeur has called them “the corn”, it was the first game to sell out, it’s one of the most expensive tickets in the country, Big Noon again, etc. This game has been talked about for months.

I just don’t see an effort or focus letdown

Point taken and I would probably agree if this was Stanford or ASU in mid season. I just can’t imagine this team isn’t even more fired up for the first home game against the programs biggest rival.
This team is the focal point of the entire sport. It’s not a normal burden. I hope it’s not a letdown situation, but it’s vital to acknowledge it.

First home game. Sold out crowd. Big Noon featured game with the Fox crew on campus. Nebraska rivalry.

There's no way in hell that there's going to be a letdown. Deion Sanders' entire career and m.o. has been about performing under the brightest spotlights and on the biggest stages. These are the moments he lives for. That is the culture.

If you're wondering about when a letdown will happen, it will be a clunky first half against a bad team that's being broadcast on PACN later in the season.

Just how I admire Prime’s reaction to reporters doubting him (he’s human after all), I understand that teams coming off of big wins also often fall flat the following week. That’s because people ease up when they feel like they’ve accomplished something. Colorado proved to be great at being the underdog. We now get to see whether the coaches and players have the wherewithal to prepare like an underdog when they will be expected by most people outside of the room to win handily.

I hope that he won’t allow it. It’s something he’ll definitely need to address.
You cannot forget who Prime is as a person, as an athlete, and as a coach.

This is not the first time he has had to tie on his shoes and get to work after a stunning win or accolade. This is not the first time he has had to settle a team and focus following a great win or a great season.

That fear is based in worrying that this team is led by the rest of them, instead of knowing it is led by the best of them.

What Prime did at JSU was nifty in terms of record. But it is the most notable in terms of how he can guide student athletes to understanding accountability, discipline, and that the world is truly their oyster, but their effort and follow through is the x-factor that will see it through or not. This is the man who kicked a student out of the weight room for the wrong color socks. He has an ability to see detail and share that vision unlike most people on the planet.

Gonna snapshot these every week. We only had the advantage on CSU last week. Two more popped up. ASU and Stanford.

IMG_0188.jpegIMG_0178.jpegIMG_0179.jpegIMG_0180.jpegIMG_0181.jpegIMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpegIMG_0184.jpeg
img_0185-jpeg.64119

IMG_0186.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 793
This week has the potential to be a real letdown for Colorado. The coaches have a big job this week to keep themselves and the team focused on beating the cornholios.
On paper, sure. I'm not expecting a letdown at all. Prime has been telling everybody this was happening sooner rather than later. This team is going to put on a show and absolutely ****ing embarrass Nebraska.

First home game. Sold out crowd. Big Noon featured game with the Fox crew on campus. Nebraska rivalry.

There's no way in hell that there's going to be a letdown. Deion Sanders' entire career and m.o. has been about performing under the brightest spotlights and on the biggest stages. These are the moments he lives for. That is the culture.

If you're wondering about when a letdown will happen, it will be a clunky first half against a bad team that's being broadcast on PACN later in the season.
The CSU game could look like the one in 2019 did-where we absolutely sleepwalk through a half and still win by 21-28 points.

On paper, sure. I'm not expecting a letdown at all. Prime has been telling everybody this was happening sooner rather than later. This team is going to put on a show and absolutely ****ing embarrass Nebraska.
I think there’s even some chance that yesterday swings it the other way to more focused - somewhere (press conference?) I heard Prime talking about how some of the kids didn’t really believe but now that they’ve seen it they do believe. So, does that create a snowball effect of focus and motivation? I don’t know, but possibly.

Great observation and something we kind of forget after that type of performance. That TCU game was about as emotional on all levels as you will find in sports. As fans, we know how crazy this next week is going to be. CU is the talk of the entire sports world right now and that will have an effect on 18-22yr olds. Prime has a massive task at hand to get them dialed in. I am not worried about Shedeur and Travis as those two are just different but getting the rest of the team dialed back in will be a tremendous task.

Edit: We also saw this in 2019 when CU followed up the Nebraska game with a stinker against Air Force.
I disagree with that analogy. That Air Force team went 11-2 and was easily the best team we played in that OOC. Troy Calhoun is 10000000000000000x the football coach Frost and Rhule both are.

CU teams who play Nebraska (now that its sadly not an every year thing) get up for the Nubs like they do nobody else.

CU big.

I looked it up and yes Palazzo handled the kickoff duties after that Feely kick out of bounds. Palazzo’s 3 kickoffs made it to the 4, 6, and 11 yard line respectively - not sure that was intentional. 2 of those were returned to the 21 yard line and the 3rd was Everhart’s 86 yard return to the CU 8 yard line. So that needs to improve.
I still don't understand intentionally kicking it short of the end zone anymore when you can fair catch it. I only see badness of NOT kicking it out of the end zone.

I'll go into every game expecting a Buffs win.

But what I think is a reasonable performance for this team has not changed.

I thought we were capable of going 2-1 or 3-0 in the non-conference with TCU as the swing game. We'll be favored to take it to 3-0 now.

In conference play, it's reasonable to go 5-4 this year. It's tough, but winning more than we lose is not something I consider a stretch.

So, 7-5 was my head and with yesterday's win the 8-4 I'd previously guessed will stay the same while being much less of a sunshine stretch than it was.
Even though we are the underdogs next week?

I still don't understand intentionally kicking it short of the end zone anymore when you can fair catch it. I only see badness of NOT kicking it out of the end zone.
I don't think they were intentionally kicking it short. I fear that are kickers didn't have the leg to get ti that far. Maybe altitude changes that. I will say that it doesn't make sense that Feely can hit 60 yard field goals and not be able to kick it to the end zone.

Wasn't sure what to expect going in. I was impressed with the talent level on the team, but thought it would take some time for them to gel and the first couple weeks could be rough.

At least on offense, that clearly wasn't the case. With Shedeur, Hunter, and Edwards, we have skill position talent that can compete with anyone in the country. That should make us competitive in most games. Obviously there are major questions on D and ST, which will probably keep us from seriously competing. But I think 7 or 8 wins and a mid-tier bowl game is a reasonable goal.

Wasn't sure what to expect going in. I was impressed with the talent level on the team, but thought it would take some time for them to gel and the first couple weeks could be rough.

At least on offense, that clearly wasn't the case. With Shedeur, Hunter, and Edwards, we have skill position talent that can compete with anyone in the country. That should make us competitive in most games. Obviously there are major questions on D and ST, which will probably keep us from seriously competing. But I think 7 or 8 wins and a mid-tier bowl game is a reasonable goal.
I think it's very reasonable to think CU's defense can have considerable improvement. You also have to remember that we aren't going to see a offense that moves from play to play that fast.

TCU: W
Bugeaters: W
Sheep: W
@Quacks: L
Condoms: L
@ Scumdevils: W
Trees: W
@ bRUINs: Toss Up
Beavs: W
Chards: W
@ Cougs: W
@ False Mormons: Toss Up

Assuming health and all of that, I see 8 wins with hopefully another ranked win. An upset of the Ducks or Trojans and look out.

I think it's very reasonable to think CU's defense can have considerable improvement. You also have to remember that we aren't going to see a offense that moves from play to play that fast.

Yes, certainly a possibility they improve as the season goes on. Again, these guys have never played together, and that's a major factor.

I think we'll have a pretty good read on the team at the end of the non-con schedule. I'm optimistic that we will be 3-0 with convincing wins over Nebraska and CSU.

Yes, certainly a possibility they improve as the season goes on. Again, these guys have never played together, and that's a major factor.

I think we'll have a pretty good read on the team at the end of the non-con schedule. I'm optimistic that we will be 3-0 with convincing wins over Nebraska and CSU.
They never played together before the TCU game. That narrative is over. They just need to completely grasp the Defensive schemes. It was clear yesterday that they hadn't but they bought themselves another week.

I say we hide our Two-back set with McCaskill and Edwards until we play Oregon or USC. They won't know what the F just happened to them.

Last edited:
Back