What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Buffsbball

Hoping with attrition we still have a spot or two to fill with transfers.

Would need two to transfer to give us 1 scholly or 3 to transfer to get 2. Obvious possibilities would be Nique and Quincy.

The portal has already started to fill up. Some names I’m interested in. (No inside knowledge if CU has interest)

Taran Armstrong-Cal Baptist 6’5 pg from Tasmania originally. Was a fringe nba prospect with size and vision. Would be great to have another lead guard with experience like him.

Noah Fernandes- Umass- absolutely killed us in the game earlier this year. Undersized pg with handle and scoring instinct- between Ethan and Jalen had luck getting transfer from the north east

Mike Mitchell Jr- two year starter at Pepperdine where Romar has recruited well and produced recent draft picks- would be another good pg pick up

We can fill this thread as more names hit the market!

I think we can talk about WBB in this thread, too. Jayda Curry (Cal PG) entered the portal. She should be a top target if Sherrod doesn't come back for that extra Covid year.

200.gif

This team also needs more consistent scorers. Adding a sophomore G that drops 20+ per game would be a blessing. A PF led this team in 3 pts taken and made, definitely need a shooting Guard

In the last 30 years, we’ve had two players score 20 PPG - Boyce and Burks. You might as well be asking for a unicorn.
Sooooooo, don't bother recruiting SG's because they rarely exist... is that the philosophy? I don't know that filling a Shooting Guard role with a defensive minded game is long term strategy. Would you prefer KCP or Clay Thompson? I mean, we have a top player in the country coming, why not shoot (literally and figuratively) for the moon.

In the last 30 years, we’ve had two players score 20 PPG - Boyce and Burks. You might as well be asking for a unicorn.
Hes not saying drop 20 a game at CU. He's saying it'd be nice to get a guy who has college experience and can drop 20 a game. At least I think that's what he's saying.

I know we say guards guards guards but a 6’9 255 pound big from Aurora that was first team MWC and averaged 19,10

We’d have a lot of competition but you gotta kick tires
If Hadley, LOB, TDS and Williams all develop their handles well enough to be point forward types, then another big could work.

Problem I have with our guards isn't as much about numbers (5 with KJ, Hammond, Ruffin, RJ and Anderson), as it is about leadership and shot making from that group.

Not exactly a high bar...
True, but he is averaging a double double per game against very elite national prep competition. I'll take that any day of the week vs. putting up inflated numbers against a bunch of 5'11 farm kids from Minot.

Seeing who's already in the portal makes me hope Tad is starting to push already. Please, please let Tad be having some closed door conversations this week!
GIF by Brett Eldredge

Interesting that Tad mentioned KJ, along with Tristen, as possibly exploring the NBA 'portal'. I can see Tristen scoring high in potential, but could use an extra year with somebody like Cody Williams helping him show his game better. Tristen's brother, who I think is better, didn't make it to the NBA.

Interesting that Tad mentioned KJ, along with Tristen, as possibly exploring the NBA 'portal'. I can see Tristen scoring high in potential, but could use an extra year with somebody like Cody Williams helping him show his game better. Tristen's brother, who I think is better, didn't make it to the NBA.
You can explore your NBA prospects with no penalty on returning to college once. Any junior who is at the very least a fringe NBA prospect is doing themselves a disservice by not exploring the process. Have a hard time seeing KJ exploring the process this offseason just because he's still coming off the sickness... plus small guards don't get drafted early.

Biggest thing holding Oscar back is he was a 30% 3 point shooter. Gotta show better than that to make the league.

You can explore your NBA prospects with no penalty on returning to college once. Any junior who is at the very least a fringe NBA prospect is doing themselves a disservice by not exploring the process. Have a hard time seeing KJ exploring the process this offseason just because he's still coming off the sickness... plus small guards don't get drafted early.
Every one of our players who have any ambition of ever going pro should run through this process every offseason. They get tons of feedback that can only help.

Back