What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

I'm pretty sure only the OC has communication with the QB on-field. That's the way it work in the NFL. The QB isn't linked in to all the Coaches bantering back and forth. So, while it's a cool story. I seriously doubt will HCP be in the QB's ear while he's on-field.
I think the rule is "one player" can have a headset but that there isn't a rule about how many coaches can be on the line.

I think the rule is "one player" can have a headset but that there isn't a rule about how many coaches can be on the line.
I think there is. It's a (one-way?) communication that's open only for certain period of time each play:

"A single player on offense and a single player on defense will be able to hear from a coach; communication will be turned off with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock or when the ball is snapped, whichever comes first."

“It’s definitely an advantage, being able to have that communication with (QBs coach and play-caller Joe) Sloan, making sure we’re in the correct play, running the right thing,” LSU quarterback Garrett Nussmeier said.

(This is the only reference I could find with a quick search. Not the clearest description.)

I think our coaches and players would definitely benefit from:

1. "Go for it!" or "Run the damn ball!"

Then after they do it and it doesn't work:

2. "You fvcking idiot! Worst play calls in the history of western civilization!"
If anyone in the future asks what a UBL is, should we just point to this?

Back