What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

The connectivity between our group of Miami Hurricanes coaches and the Buffs and the likely mutual disdain for the Huskers will be on full display in Lincoln. Miami and Colorado have no major beef, but both programs do not like Nebraska! Sapp brought it up in one of his speeches.
I think '93 took care of any beef they might have had. Certain poster here should know plenty about that one.😀

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson posts on Allbuffs?
Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Strange feeling and very much a positive to talk about having guys playing as situational players rather than trying to find 11 on each side who can survive in P4 level football.

Hopefully we will have deep enough rotations that we are able to avoid some of the injuries that come when guys are playing too much (and that our offense is putting up some leads that allow us get backups on the field instead of playing key guys all game.)

The DL could be doing their jobs perfectly, but LBs still have to read, fill and engage a lineman on most run plays.

@Da Lama, thx for your depth chart and all the other insight. All of the comments were helpful and basically sorted things out for me. Certainly, it will be a mix through the 1st 4 games (many teams are a puzzle of sorts), some guys will emerge, others may struggle to find their stride/role, then injuries, however I feel really optimistic given the size, depth, talent and experience of this team projecting over a 12 game regular season. Also, I like some of our potential match-ups.

By all appearances this has been a productive fall.

On Mata hitting from 53, I'm can't wait to see how quickly he gets the ball up!

Last edited:
@Da Lama Are you actually watching practices or does your analysis come from RTP and well off?

I'm genuinely asking because if you're actually watching practices, I have a question.

@Da Lama talks about our LBs being trash, but just take a look at some of these clips from FSU/GT yesterday, including DJ Lundy. Great LB play is very hard to come by at this level and, next to QB, OL and DL, might be the most valuable and sought after position.

I agree. It’s part of the reason for Landman’s greatness without being a physical freak. LB is about knowing what’s happening in a complex visual presentation almost instantly. Sure you have to have the speed and size to get there.

@Da Lama talks about our LBs being trash, but just take a look at some of these clips from FSU/GT yesterday, including DJ Lundy. Great LB play is very hard to come by at this level and, next to QB, OL and DL, might be the most valuable and sought after position.

No one is asking or expecting our linebackers to great. We just want average.

I counted I think 4 plays in that HIGHLIGHT reel where assignments were missed by the linebackers. But it’s a highlight reel. They make the reel because someone made a great play, someone missed an assignment or both. I would happily take 4-6 plays where our linebackers blow the assignment but play it right the rest of the game. The issue is our linebackers last year played it wrong most of the game and got it right 4-6 times (exaggeration). It’s ok for everyone here to admit that linebackers, in competition with TE, is the weakest position group from a talent and coaching perspective.

Back