What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp Thread

Shedeur Sanders invited all the WRs to the Sanders’ family home in Texas this week to get some work in. Confirmed there: Drelon Miller, Omarion Miller, Will Sheppard, Cordale Russell, Jimmy Horn, Kaleb Mathis, and Terrell Timmons. VT QB Kyron Drones is also working with them.

Shedeur’s accuracy is unreal. Cordale Russell is a big man, very understandable why people liken him to Terrell Owens (blue cleats in the 2nd tweet):

Shedeur Sanders invited all the WRs to the Sanders’ family home in Texas this week to get some work in. Confirmed there: Drelon Miller, Omarion Miller, Will Sheppard, Cordale Russell, Jimmy Horn, Kaleb Mathis, and Terrell Timmons. VT QB Kyron Drones is also working with them.

Shedeur’s accuracy is unreal. Cordale Russell is a big man, very understandable why people liken him to Terrell Owens (blue cleats in the 2nd tweet):

I just love how easy that ball comes out of his hand. I think that's part of why he's so accurate. He's done a bunch of work on the dynamics of his base, so he doesn't have to spend a bunch of effort or thought about getting the ball out with velocity.

So lucky to have him at CU for a couple of years. He is and will be the best QB we've ever had here--perhaps by far. I hope we get him the wins he deserves.

SS2 should be improved this season. He got a taste of FBS ball last season and with a future in the NFL on the horizon, he definitely had to put in the work during this offseason. Same for Hunter as well. Given the running game at this point, SS2 should have a monster season and maybe even win the Heisman this year. Playing in the Big 12 should make that possible.

SS2 should be improved this season. He got a taste of FBS ball last season and with a future in the NFL on the horizon, he definitely had to put in the work during this offseason. Same for Hunter as well. Given the running game at this point, SS2 should have a monster season and maybe even win the Heisman this year. Playing in the Big 12 should make that possible.
nm

Last edited:

g'Damn! He throws such a beautiful ball. Absolutely jumps out of his hand and flies so smooth. Upper body is still and ball goes right to the pec/cocked and ready. And his base, footwork and hip torque are pure perfection. Sooooo many NFL teams are gonna be fighting for him in the 2025 draft.

g'Damn! He throws such a beautiful ball. Absolutely jumps out of his hand and flies so smooth. Upper body is still and ball goes right to the pec/cocked and ready. And his base, footwork and hip torque are pure perfection. Sooooo many NFL teams are gonna be fighting for him in the 2025 draft.

Agreed...the improvement is noticeable. Can't wait for him to show how misplaced Husker fan faith in Riaola is at this point.

nm answered

I didn’t see Travis in that video but Wester shows up around the 6 minute mark and says he had a delayed flight and they all joke that everyone online probably thought there was a schism. Looks like a lot of chemistry happening and love seeing Shedeur get everyone on the same page. Sheppard and Wester really stand out as running professional routes and Drelon Miller is built so solid.

Agreed...the improvement is noticeable. Can't wait for him to show how misplaced Husker fan faith in Riaola is at this point.
It's in shorts!
I once was converted from WR to QB because I threw such a nice ball.
I practiced with the QBs and man, could I throw a beautiful ball.

Then I got my first live scrimmage. After my 3rd pass, the OC yelled "get the **** out of here and go play WR"!

It's in shorts!

Then I got my first live scrimmage. After my 3rd pass, the OC yelled "get the **** out of here and go play WR"!
Feels!

(every year, opening day pitcher. Every year, shelled. Every year, put back at catcher)

It's in shorts!

I was the QB for two years in my flag football team (3rd and 4th grade) then we moved to tackle football in the 5th grade. I could not throw as well in pads and I was one of the biggest kids on the team. Thus began my illustrious career as an offensive lineman.

I was the QB for two years in my flag football team (3rd and 4th grade) then we moved to tackle football in the 5th grade. I could not throw as well in pads and I was one of the biggest kids on the team. Thus began my illustrious career as an offensive lineman.
At that age we had a weight restriction. Anyone over a certain weight wasn't allowed to handle the ball. I think it was something like 70lbs or some stupid number I hadn't seen in at least a couple of years.

As a result like the other big guys I got to play with a big X on my helmet while the midgets who were never going to grow big enough to be real football players got to run with it and attempt to throw it.

At that age we had a weight restriction. Anyone over a certain weight wasn't allowed to handle the ball. I think it was something like 70lbs or some stupid number I hadn't seen in at least a couple of years.

As a result like the other big guys I got to play with a big X on my helmet while the midgets who were never going to grow big enough to be real football players got to run with it and attempt to throw it.
1715878282248.png

nm

That was me. In neighborhood football, always the QB - strong arm, and accurate enough at 9-13. Once I learned how to tuck the football away, I could run with a decent pile on my back. My one and only year of youth league football in 8th grade, I was on the fringe of being line only due to weight. I think I was at 145 lbs and the cut off was at 150 or 155? So if you were 140 lbs or more, the coach just put you somewhere on the line since our team was small. For defense, it didn’t matter, the coach threw me in at ILB a time or two, which was pretty fun at that level…no playbook for defense, just search and destroy. I did prefer playing D-end though, through HS…and ended up playing OG due to being on the bigger side of the team that was small. Had a moment of I’ll switch to TE at the start of my Junior year, but ended up going back during a drill which I don’t even think I made it to my turn, and seeing the guards have 2 turns each by then. Even the coach was like “Do you want to play, or wait your turn?” After he saw me in the TE line.

Looks like both our new LBs have landed for summer workouts/schooling. 4* ATH from the 2024 class, Kam Mikell, said he will be here in 7 days. I figure we can just use this thread for summer workout videos/WOM videos and then make a new one for Fall Camp when it arrives.

Back