What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2025 MBB Recruit Profile Index

No ‘25 thread yet?

CU offered ‘25 Nebraska center A’mare Bynum this last week (friends w/ Dak?):

From ‘24 thread:

“Less depth than ‘24 class, but quality guys – who may have mutual CU interest in 2025?:

5/4’s:
Francis Chukwudebelu
Jaden Toombs
Dallas Washington
(Francis & Dal Wash: mobile 7-footers).

4/3’s; Mobile & athletic: Chris Nwuli & Isaiah Kalala

3/4: 6’6 Xzavion Mitchell: big/strong wing

King Grace, defensive-minded shooting-guard.

Xavier Wilson- 6’5 guard to guard up to 3?”

I also like ‘25 guys for Buffs:

Tee Bartlett: big/tough PF/C- maybe similar body-types to ‘25 Toombs/Battey/Lampkin

Brayden Kyman: 3/4 combo F w/ guard skills

6’7 Amare Allen: versatility to play 2-4?

‘24 6’9 Amare Davis: walk-on candidate? W/ skills to eventually earn Div-1 scholly. Or he & others in ‘24 class may be seeking HS grad year spots until covid years done - year after next. Just less spots available for guys.

Both Amare’s r big guards to guard 3-spot.

Noah Boyed CU offer on Verbal Commits:

COLORADO BUFFALOEShttp://www.cubuffs.com/PAC 12
colorado.png
RECRUITING

OVERVIEW
OFFERS

Offers

Offer Date

Player

Status

Oct 11, 2023 A’mare Bynumfiber_manual_record
Offered
Sep 1, 2023 Noah Boyedfiber_manual_record
Offered

My new ‘25 FAV to add to our CU watch list is Calvin Murphy III. Grand-dad is Houston Rockets Hall of Famer. Recent move from Houston to Arizona Prep school may help us keep the TX schools off him-if we can avoid Bobby Hurley poaching him (who I just don’t like as a coach; & based on how many players ASU loses to the transfer each year, seems there may be some former players that agree with me). He’s only 6 feet, but looks to have plus length and Uber-quicks, maybe in the arena of KJ Simpson. But Seems to be further along in playmaking then KJ was. Seems to be way under radar:

Only top 50 type talent that I see CU having good chance with in ‘25 are:
-Combo F Chris Nwuli: Apparently Vegas guy improved jumper & has complete game now, including steals & blocking machine- that can run the floor with the best in the land.
-ComboG/SG King Grace- Texas schools will be on him hard, but Tad Ball IQ and game.
-PF/C Jaden Toombs- 6’9, 245 w/ 7-foot length. Evan Battey type low-post footwork & hands who wants to commit early (by end of this year, supposedly) to focus on building relationship w/ college staff & team. Ditto on Texas teams being on him hard.

But these guys could be top-100 types:
(first 2 are in Nebraska; so location helps):
-6’8 Bynum feels like he could move from top-100 to top-50. Mobile play maker at 4-spot, that says he can guard 1-5. Iowa State Legacy recruit, says university of Iowa, Oregon & Creigton on him the hardest.
-Boyed feels like the mobile seven footer that we need the most in my opinion. But lots of big schools on him also, per my post above, also a Juco Transfer who would be a junior may not be Tad’s preferred route to go with.
-Frances Chukwudebelu may be my favorite of the bigs on my lists above. But his recent move from Texas to Virginia probably doesn’t help us. He could just as easily move up to top 50 as Bynum. Lots of big schools here too. May have the most advanced perimeter game of the bigs also, on O & D: 7-footer w/ a 3-pointer who can guard in space. Boyed and Dal Wash may have lower floor than Francis, but may have similar ceilings.
- Dallas Washington (yes, the Dallas Walton similarities go beyond the similar name) is up to 6’11 now, I think. He probably needs time to add weight, since he was just 6’8 last year. The Cali recruit probably stays somewhat under the radar, with the depth of west-coast players Bringing the West Coast mid majors power rating up to the PAC-12 (Rest in Peace!) level recently. His 75-150 range seems to be Tad’s sweet spot. But Cody changes that narrative: 5 Stars R GOOD!

What's the biggest difference in hoops recruiting?

Did Boyle get a new assistant who is an ace recruiter?

Is this fallout of the Sanders effect where a rising tide lifts all ships?

I'm assuming it's not a windfall of NIL money

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

My understanding is that Tad and Mel Tucker got along pretty well and that Tucker imparted some strategies & tactics that had worked at Bama and UGA without being NCAA issues. Tad adjusted methodology and it has paid off these last several recruiting classes.

My understanding is that Tad and Mel Tucker got along pretty well and that Tucker imparted some strategies & tactics that had worked at Bama and UGA without being NCAA issues. Tad adjusted methodology and it has paid off these last several recruiting classes.
I had not heard that. Awesome info, Nik! Thanks

I had not heard that. Awesome info, Nik! Thanks
I also think Tad's willingness to oversign in the fall has been huge. That only started last year. With his reluctance/lack of NIL in utilizing the transfer portal it basically screwed us tbh in the Spring with defections and limited prospects. He did hit lightning in a bottle a few times with coaching changes and spring signing KJ, Kin and late bloomers IE Jabari in the spring.

But signing in the spring is hard, talent has been picked over there's only very few recruits who either wait until spring or blow up their senior year and those who do are being competed with by every major college.

128 of the top 150 prospects in 2024 have already made their decision and Tad landed 3 of them. If he waited until Spring to find out that we lose a Hurlburt to a transfer or a Ruffin to a medical retirement or unknown player to pros, we'd be screwed.

This fall our last two commits we wouldn't have taken 3 years ago so Kossaras and Crawford (even though he probably would've committed earlier to take the spot) and we wouldn't have signed Diop last year. We also probably wouldn't have been as aggressive in going after a Trent Perry with two spots but it allows us to shot our shot on a multitude of prospects at once.

Tad has such integrity he never oversigned out of respect for putting players in his program first which I admire, however he's learned it's necessary and he will lose players this spring so it would be stupid to miss out on a fall prospect out of respect of a current player if you know you will lose one anyway in the spring.

Every highlight is a dunk, a block or him bodying up a 6-4 guy. Not impressed.
Yes, We know the only thing you impressed by his point guards. I’m good with that.

But he’s only been playing B-Ball for 4 years, & I’m sure Tad was after him as Rim Protector. He’ll make u eat your words when-ever Buffs visit Waco. Big 12 NEXT UP!

How much time do you spend searching Twitter for links to Colorado recruiting?
I’m sure not as much time as you spend wanking your-self Medford!

See I’ve taught Intuitive Skills of how to identify people‘s Creative Contributions-by just looking at their eyes- in front of over 5K people by the time I was 35. So I can see Tad Ball Guys, as easily as I can feel fools like you & our mediator-by your need to put others down in-order to lift yourself up. Get over yourself, or I hope u can take it, as much as you dish it out. Not just from me.

MY GUYS in ‘25 below. Probably half will have CU contacts on their Twitter pages in the next year. Please follow some on Twitter!

See their quickest route to Name & Image Likeness money is through how many Social Media followers they get. I grew up as only white kid in LA’s North Long Beach, where they filmed Boyz N The Hood. We knew by 7 years old that we wouldn’t get through middle school without seeing dead bodies on the way home from school- though I escaped before then. I still had gun pointed in my face at 17 years old. Those things cause any kid to have PTSD symptoms. So when some of these kids say they want to go pro to take care of their families, I know from personal experience the importance of helping them make that happen sooner than later.

Thanks for the consideration & learning to use kindness in our communications here!

A’mare Bynum got Tad’s first offer of ‘25. Chris Nwuli says he’s building great relationships w/ CU coaches & wants to visit, but I see both these guys as home-run’s that we may have less chances with then these 2 dozen Tad Ball Guys below.

I see 3 areas to fill 2-3 ‘25 spots:
1) NEED BigWing to play Insise/Out with Doryan Onwuchekwa?
2) NEED 1-2 Pt Guards to run the team w/ Crawford & maybe RJ. Ruffin & Anderson maybe more secondary ball-handlers?
3) I’m sure Tad could make due with more positionless guys, including 3/4 ComboF’s?

My Fav is Francis, as Rim Protector & maybe most most advanced perimeter skills-maybe outside of Pt Forward A’mare Bynum & open-court & Defensive BEAST Chris Nwuli.

@FrancisChuk7

See I’ve taught Intuitive Skills of how to identify people‘s Creative Contributions-by just looking at their eyes- in front of over 5K people by the time I was 35. So I can see Tad Ball Guys, as easily as I can feel fools like you & our mediator-by your need to put others down in-order to lift yourself up. Get over yourself, or I hope u can take it, as much as you dish it out. Not just from me.
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Enforcers in same vein as Batty & Lampkin.
Grew up in Lubbock, so Texas Tech-and other Texas schools- may be tough to beat.

@JadenToombs

@bartlett_tee May not Have the mobility of the guys above-for playing on the perimeter of 5-Out Offense- but he’s got toughness & low post game that we will need in Big 12.

He reports in this 247 Sports Article Colorado has reached out to him:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2025 Tee Bartlett was one of the most dominant prospect at top flight <br><br>Stats: <br><br>16 PPG<br>8 RPG<br>1 BPG<br>50%<br><br>The 6’10 275 pound big was thriving in the post all weekend, he’s also can pass but didn’t show much of that in a two game sample. Rated as a top ten center in the class <a href="https://t.co/w83adg0u2v">pic.twitter.com/w83adg0u2v</a></p>&mdash; Pistons Draft Talk (@PDTScouting) <a href="">October 19, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@bartlett_tee May not Have the mobility of the guys above-for playing on the perimeter of 5-Out Offense- but he’s got toughness & low post game that we will need in Big 12.

He reports in this 247 Sports Article Colorado has reached out to him:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2025 Tee Bartlett was one of the most dominant prospect at top flight <br><br>Stats: <br><br>16 PPG<br>8 RPG<br>1 BPG<br>50%<br><br>The 6’10 275 pound big was thriving in the post all weekend, he’s also can pass but didn’t show much of that in a two game sample. Rated as a top ten center in the class <a href="https://t.co/w83adg0u2v">pic.twitter.com/w83adg0u2v</a></p>&mdash; Pistons Draft Talk (@PDTScouting) <a href="">October 19, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oops; sorry for duplicate above.

Dallas Washington could play 3-5 spots, & seems CU would have great chance w/ him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2023 Pangos Premier 80 Notes: 1 of the most intriguing members of Cali&#39;s 2025 class is 6-9 Dallas Washington (Santa Margarita/CA). Son of Bay Area Ballers founder Nelson Washington has terrific length to go along with a nice skill package that (with hard work) projects long-term <a href="https://t.co/ZJctHHJ344">pic.twitter.com/ZJctHHJ344</a></p>&mdash; Dinos Trigonis (@Trigonis30) <a href="">July 10, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/Pg8l3ikUSl">pic.twitter.com/Pg8l3ikUSl</a></p>&mdash; Dallas Washington (@dallaswash3) <a href="">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/rK8Nl6G1On">pic.twitter.com/rK8Nl6G1On</a></p>&mdash; Dallas Washington (@dallaswash3) <a href="">June 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back