What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 OR QB Drew Carter (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I think the QB room is developing a lot better than I expected. With Carter playing hoop also v it will interesting to see how Hammond and Carter mesh. They are the same guy.

I’ve heard Chandler, the PWO from Texas is legit anybody seen anything?

I've heard good things about Chandler. He is an inch or two short (like 6'), but a ballar. I think Carter is a good pick-up. It appears CU is trending toward more mobile QB's.

How does enrolling early and playing basketball this season affect his eligibility? Does he still have 5 to play 4 starting in Sept 2021? I had never really thought about enrolling early for basketball, but I am kind of surprised that more one and done types don't do it. They could get into college S&C programs early and have 1.5 college seasons of tape before the NBA draft. I realize that it would mean they wouldn't play their senior season in high school.

How does enrolling early and playing basketball this season affect his eligibility? Does he still have 5 to play 4 starting in Sept 2021? I had never really thought about enrolling early for basketball, but I am kind of surprised that more one and done types don't do it. They could get into college S&C programs early and have 1.5 college seasons of tape before the NBA draft. I realize that it would mean they wouldn't play their senior season in high school.
This may be a unique year as well. Don't know about basketball but this year isn't counting against football eligibility.

If BB is the same it means he could come in, practice with the team and potentially even play and his eligibility would be just like he showed up on campus this summer like normal.

Going to be curious to see what kind of work Langsdorf can do with the QBs in the spring after the work he did on Noyer this season.

So CU will have at least three QBs for the spring assuming Noyer is out. I'm feeling the fire for spring football already although the EA Sports College Football announcement helped with that.

He has good mechanics like I have said several times on this thread. He has not even reached half of his full potential. Could use more work on throwing the deep ball and with accuracy and decision making. I like his athletic ability. He is accurate on the run and on short and intermediate throws.

Anyone know if he's practicing with the basketball team?

Also, with Shrout & Lewis expected to be ahead of him on the depth chart and with McCown coming in, I think they should give Drew some opportunity at WR next year.

Also, with Shrout & Lewis expected to be ahead of him on the depth chart and with McCown coming in, I think they should give Drew some opportunity at WR next year.

Maybe full time BB would be best.

Possibly. I don't know how eligibility works if he's a sophomore next year in football & wouldn't have played a counting season of hoops.
Like any other athlete he gets four years of eligibility which must be used in a period of five years. The calendar starts with his initial enrollment, even if he isn't participating in the sport at the time of enrollment.

Due to Covid last year doesn't count.

Since he appeared in a football game he counts against the football scholarship limit.

Bottom line is that his eligibility for both sports ends five years after initial enrollment.

Like any other athlete he gets four years of eligibility which must be used in a period of five years. The calendar starts with his initial enrollment, even if he isn't participating in the sport at the time of enrollment.

Due to Covid last year doesn't count.

Since he appeared in a football game he counts against the football scholarship limit.

Bottom line is that his eligibility for both sports ends five years after initial enrollment.
Haven't we had WBB players join VB after their hoops career? That's what I thought I remembered and that there was some special rule.

Haven't we had WBB players join VB after their hoops career? That's what I thought I remembered and that there was some special rule.
They can as long as it is in the five year window.

If they were to play four years of hoops (no RS year) they would have one year of eligibility left to play VB or any other sport they choose.

The window can also be extended to six years if they can show they lost a season to long term injury. The NCAA used to be picky about those but lately seem to be approving almost all applications.

The only other exception to the five year window that I am familiar with is if the student athlete is not enrolled, not on campus or participating, and is involved in missionary work or some other purely religious function. This can add up to two years to the window (How BYU has sophomores who are bearded, bald, and have 3 kids.)

You dick, you did this on purpose didn't you? 😁

Last edited:
Drew Carter didn't seem like he wasn't going to have a shot to be our starter with a few years to me. Dude is athletic and looked like he could throw it pretty good....

Back