What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

‘21 WA QB Clay Millen (Signed to CSU)

1 bowl game in the past 15 years is a good place to start.
That’s a ****ty excuse and it’s the kind of thing that should be easy to overcome. We aren’t talking about recruiting against Alabama and Ohio State here. Those types of players want to play for a winner. No, we are talking about losing recruiting battles against other mediocre programs.

That’s a ****ty excuse and it’s the kind of thing that should be easy to overcome. We aren’t talking about recruiting against Alabama and Ohio State here. Those types of players want to play for a winner. No, we are talking about losing recruiting battles against other mediocre programs.
Mediocre programs make bowls more often than not. 2016 is seen as an outlier.

how I feel now about our recruiting

PBSp5m.gif

It’s still a ****ty excuse and should be easily overcome.
Then you missed my point. CU is seen as the lowest in the PAC12. Our peers are WSU, Kansas, and Purdue. An Arizona offer is a cut above in the national scene now. Sumlin, even though posters here like to bag on him, has much higher rep than Dorrell. Until CU turns some winning seasons, recruiting against anyone is going to be tough.
It’s even harder with a new, relatively unknown head coach.

It’s still a ****ty excuse and should be easily overcome.
It should. This is a new staff and some excitement should come with the change. I think we are seeing exactly the weekness of HCKD and that is he is not a recruiter. Never really was in the past as a HC at fUCLA and is not a closer here. We could be setting ourselves up with a guy you want to win, he is a nice man you really want to do well, but does not have the ability. He kept Mel's class from running but this class is turning quickly into a big warning sign

It should. This is a new staff and some excitement should come with the change. I think we are seeing exactly the weekness of HCKD and that is he is not a recruiter. Never really was in the past as a HC at fUCLA and is not a closer here. We could be setting ourselves up with a guy you want to win, he is a nice man you really want to do well, but does not have the ability. He kept Mel's class from running but this class is turning quickly into a big warning sign
I think it has a lot to do with us jumping in late. These staffs have been talking to their recruits for months, sometimes years. KD is behind the 8-ball. And y’all acting like COVID isn’t a major factor. The virtual tours were pretty special, but not having face to face is hard to over come.

Then you missed my point. CU is seen as the lowest in the PAC12. Our peers are WSU, Kansas, and Purdue. An Arizona offer is a cut above in the national scene now. Sumlin, even though posters here like to bag on him, has much higher rep than Dorrell. Until CU turns some winning seasons, recruiting against anyone is going to be tough.
It’s even harder with a new, relatively unknown head coach.
Sumlin sold the hell out of his QB's being in the NFL. Good recruiters recruit. Bad recruiters make excuses.

I think it has a lot to do with us jumping in late. These staffs have been talking to their recruits for months, sometimes years. KD is behind the 8-ball. And y’all acting like COVID isn’t a major factor. The virtual tours were pretty special, but not having face to face is hard to over come.

This is just a lame excuse. We had the advantage with this kid until the visits and it went south. That takes some sweet recruiting chops when you are competing with UofA, Tucson and their lame duck staff. No excuses this time. We started to make progress and now are back to MikeMac level recruiting. Total crap

Free article from 247 with quotes from Clay Millen

"Arizona was the second (Pac-12 school) to offer me and they've been recruiting me for about six months," Millen told 247Sports. "Over that time, I've built a great relationship with the staff, especially with coach (Noel) Mazzone, coach (Kevin) Sumlin and coach (John) Marinelli.

Free article from 247 with quotes from Clay Millen

"Arizona was the second (Pac-12 school) to offer me and they've been recruiting me for about six months," Millen told 247Sports. "Over that time, I've built a great relationship with the staff, especially with coach (Noel) Mazzone, coach (Kevin) Sumlin and coach (John) Marinelli.

Using my Allbuffs decoder ring I was able to read what Millen really said: “Coach Dorrell is a failure.”

That’s pretty bad.

I can’t figure out why it seems to be so hard to recruit to CU.

CU hired a head coach with very little pedigree and absolutely no personality or sales skills. Not surprisingly, he is a very poor recruiter.

I think Dorrell will be an unmitigated disaster for CU and be gone in 3 years. If that happens, Rick George needs to go with him.

CU hired a head coach with very little pedigree and absolutely no personality or sales skills. Not surprisingly, he is a very poor recruiter.

I think Dorrell will be an unmitigated disaster for CU and be gone in 3 years. If that happens, Rick George needs to go with him.
This is literally the only thing you and i will ever agree with. Now with that out of the way, GO **** YOURSELF

Back